throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Also if you're just now getting into text base games then I also recommend Corruption of Champions 2 if you haven't already,it's still getting updated but what they have already is good and also the original corruption of champions which that one is complete but it's an older game made in Java so you'll need to download a launcher to play it
CoC1 was made in Flash, not Java, and it hasn't been ported AFAIK. IMO CoC1 is the better game anyway, especially with the revamp mod.

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
CoC1 was made in Flash, not Java, and it hasn't been ported AFAIK. IMO CoC1 is the better game anyway, especially with the revamp mod.
Ah yes flash not java my mistake thank you for the correction probably explains why I've been having problems launching Coc1

rosethorn87

Jul 12, 2019
Wow how is this game not considered dead yet lol, um any others similar to it?

Played this quite a few times its gotta solid core etc, gameplay mechanics and what not, but compared to Coc 1 and 2, Tits its in dire need of someone to take over it.

Any other similar games to this?

Btw it's always funny imo to run around this game a gigantic naked six armed bull man armed with knuckle dusters on each hand, damage output is stupid good

qweiopfgh61

Feb 24, 2023
Wow how is this game not considered dead yet lol, um any others similar to it?

Played this quite a few times its gotta solid core etc, gameplay mechanics and what not, but compared to Coc 1 and 2, Tits its in dire need of someone to take over it.

Any other similar games to this?

Btw it's always funny imo to run around this game a gigantic naked six armed bull man armed with knuckle dusters on each hand, damage output is stupid good
no one will be able to do jack until inno stops making money. I've spent some time on the discord before (holy fuck its been multiple years ive known about this game at this point), inno and her discord simps for the most part trashed the idea of anyone else doing any serious devwork. It is a shame the game has a solid core but the dev just gave up working on it but won't let the free money dry up. At least the git is public so I have lots of inspiration for my own game and lots of examples of what not to do

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Far as I'm aware HGG's Version is based off Revamp so I never bothered looking for it. Use the html version found in the alpha's folder. Also be sure to turn off any unwanted content in the options before starting.
NVM I found the wiki with a DL here

It seems pretty expansive, dude. You may wanna try it.

Last edited:

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
NVM I found the wiki with a DL here

It seems pretty expansive, dude. You may wanna try it.
Ah, I remember this now. Used to play the mobile port back before the pandemic. Had a similar issue to LT where there's lots of unfinished features added. Judging by a skim of the change log that's still the case.

EDIT: Oh look, a bunch of characters I never encountered because of a combo of impatience for grinding, shit tier luck, and a pendant to make eldritch horror lusty glass cannon characters rather than going for the specific builds needed to encounter these characters. Seriously who actually uses 9 tail fox characters?

Last edited:

rosethorn87

Jul 12, 2019
no one will be able to do jack until inno stops making money. I've spent some time on the discord before (holy fuck its been multiple years ive known about this game at this point), inno and her discord simps for the most part trashed the idea of anyone else doing any serious devwork. It is a shame the game has a solid core but the dev just gave up working on it but won't let the free money dry up. At least the git is public so I have lots of inspiration for my own game and lots of examples of what not to do
Oh your working on something similar got a page or thread I can follow, if it's good might be tempted to throw a bit of money in the hat to help if your that far along

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
After you've explored enough or added enough NPCs into the world (either finding criminals, getting slaves, or makin' babby), Java's GC will be forced to run multiple times per turn. The JVM is still tracking that memory and clearing it when it falls out of scope, so it's not lost, but I know there has to be more efficient ways of passing around data.
All the more telling considering how many tens of variables per actor Songs of Syx manages to handle, while they influence individual behavior in real time.

For tens of thousands of actors.

It's not the language/compiler, it's definitely the implementation.

Reactions: Sarkath

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
To be honest when it came to COC1 just having 100 in each stat was usually enough combat power, so while the TFs might have higher caps they weren't exactly needed

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes