jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
There's a map of how far each state takes it, but I doubt it's accurate anymore. While none of them are serving life imprisonment for writing about it like Rwanda or The Bahamas, it's still highly doubtful this has any effect on the amount of child exploitation and I'm sick of the "trust me bro" sources.
fair, tbh I just have experience with it because of the FurAffinity controversy.

Jinsem

Jul 31, 2017
how can i add a companion on my party? So far I have an elemental following me not sure where it came from

qweiopfgh61

Feb 24, 2023
I can respect going hard and using java while making the UI possibly from scratch(tbh the dev might use swing or something idk) because Ive used some of the java UI tools and they are a pain in the ass. Although I do wonder what this game would have been like if the dev used unity or godot because its seems like there is a weird memory leak somewhere as the game slows down hard as ive played. This game has always disappointed me though i always loved the concept and I think the UI is actually well designed, and I really like the gameplay itself. It a shame its been killed by the dev, I always thought it had great potential and was way more fun then those shitty RPGmaker games the site is filled with.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I can respect going hard and using java while making the UI possibly from scratch(tbh the dev might use swing or something idk) because Ive used some of the java UI tools and they are a pain in the ass.
The UI is just a light JavaFX shell around five WebViews, so you're basically looking at five light-ish web browsers (on top of yet another JavaScript engine in the background to handle some game logic). :HideThePain:

I can understand using JavaFX for the main view, but I have no idea why the entire UI was implemented with them—including the button bars on the bottom.

Although I do wonder what this game would have been like if the dev used unity or godot because its seems like there is a weird memory leak somewhere as the game slows down hard as ive played.
It's not a memory leak as much as an absolutely mental number of allocations. It's been optimized somewhat over time, but one of the core reasons the game slows down after you've been playing for a while is because it copies huge arrays multiple times whenever a turn passes (which happens whenever you so much as move).

After you've explored enough or added enough NPCs into the world (either finding criminals, getting slaves, or makin' babby), Java's GC will be forced to run multiple times per turn. The JVM is still tracking that memory and clearing it when it falls out of scope, so it's not lost, but I know there has to be more efficient ways of passing around data.

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
All that was added to this game in last two years was one single enforcer quest in Ellis?
Was unable to find any side quests because 'there will be more content later' everywhere and no guides.

qweiopfgh61

Feb 24, 2023
The UI is just a light JavaFX shell around five WebViews, so you're basically looking at five light-ish web browsers (on top of yet another JavaScript engine in the background to handle some game logic). :HideThePain:

I can understand using JavaFX for the main view, but I have no idea why the entire UI was implemented with them—including the button bars on the bottom.
yea idk the options one has for UI in java but I guess the dev never took a software design/architecture class

It's not a memory leak as much as an absolutely mental number of allocations. It's been optimized somewhat over time, but one of the core reasons the game slows down after you've been playing for a while is because it copies huge arrays multiple times whenever a turn passes (which happens whenever you so much as move).

After you've explored enough or added enough NPCs into the world (either finding criminals, getting slaves, or makin' babby), Java's GC will be forced to run multiple times per turn. The JVM is still tracking that memory and clearing it when it falls out of scope, so it's not lost, but I know there has to be more efficient ways of passing around data.
I mean if the game is copying arrays over and over wouldn't it just make more sense to have data cached and just accessed as needed rather than copying it to new places in mem. mind you i have never dug into the code so i could be talking out my ass

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
yea idk the options one has for UI in java but I guess the dev never took a software design/architecture class
Oh yeah, almost certainly. It's pretty clear that she's improved over time, but the foundations are still a bit…rocky.

I mean if the game is copying arrays over and over wouldn't it just make more sense to have data cached and just accessed as needed rather than copying it to new places in mem. mind you i have never dug into the code so i could be talking out my ass
Oh yeah, definitely. I don't remember the exact details as to why they resorted to data copying rather than simply passing the data objects around as-is, but I do remember it being implemented in such a way that would have made it a pain to refactor.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the game simply updates far too many things every turn. Some measures have been put in place to correct that, but the changes probably don't go far enough.

beiz123

Dec 4, 2017
This ot TiTS? Just got into text based games, loving this game so so much, all the options you have, everything, but since TiTS has more updates, is there any big difference? Which one would you recommend?

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
This ot TiTS? Just got into text based games, loving this game so so much, all the options you have, everything, but since TiTS has more updates, is there any big difference? Which one would you recommend?
Hmm really depends on what you're looking for. This game has a lot more customization and mod support with more kinks while Tits has alot more visuals and is also actually getting updated

beiz123

Dec 4, 2017
Hmm really depends on what you're looking for. This game has a lot more customization and mod support with more kinks while Tits has alot more visuals and is also actually getting updated
Ohh then i def prefer this one, the thing i like most about this one is the customization and so.
Thanks!

Reactions: Yeppers34

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
TiTS has its own problems, but all in all, I recommend it over LT. The writing, performance, combat, and progression are so much better.

Firierbe

Aug 19, 2020
Ohh then i def prefer this one, the thing i like most about this one is the customization and so.
Thanks!
Tits is REALLY into some weird kinks and fetishes, while this one is considerably more normalized. But on the other hand, development progress is not on Lilith's Throne's side as you can see.

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
Thanks!
Also if you're just now getting into text base games then I also recommend Corruption of Champions 2 if you haven't already,it's still getting updated but what they have already is good and also the original corruption of champions which that one is complete but it's an older game made in Java so you'll need to download a launcher to play it

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes