BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is there really no other competent developer team who's gonna make a competition to this game? it's seriously such a low-hanging fruit where the supply-demand is clear and just a single appearance of an alternative option would quickly led everyone to disband this sinking ship
I've heard word of a project called AtelierLotus that was supposed to be heavily inspired by this game, and doing some digging I found screenshots of prototypes, but its site appears to have gone defunct a while ago, so that's probably dead. I'm only mentioning this on the (probably unlikely) off-case that it's not dead.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
I've heard word of a project called AtelierLotus that was supposed to be heavily inspired by this game, and doing some digging I found screenshots of prototypes, but its site appears to have gone defunct a while ago, so that's probably dead. I'm only mentioning this on the (probably unlikely) off-case that it's not dead.
I cannot even find a page for it. Maybe my Google-fu is weaker than I thought.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Aw man.. i tried to search for it and all i get as results are massage places or indian saree boutiques :oops:

there's a website called atelierlotus.net but i got a warning before entering that website so i bailed

harvest13

Sep 24, 2021
CoC was "completed" its "updates" are mods
Yeah I've seen ppl mention coc but it was "finished" years ago, coc2 is so far along it's on sale on friggin Steam for like 15 freedom seeds and got an uodate like 2 weeks ago. Is coc 1 better than 2 I ask because i Last played it as a child like 15 years ago and was playing more fun text adventures on my qwerty phone.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
I cannot even find a page for it. Maybe my Google-fu is weaker than I thought.
Aw man.. i tried to search for it and all i get as results are massage places or indian saree boutiques :oops:

there's a website called atelierlotus.net but i got a warning before entering that website so i bailed
The .net was the original site; . The site appeared to have died around September. Given that as far as I can tell it was some ambitious project from some guy on 4chan, what likely happened was that the people with skill/interest hit a wall at some point and quietly dropped it, as usually happens. I don't think a non-private build was ever released, so woe to that game I guess.

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
Yeah I've seen ppl mention coc but it was "finished" years ago, coc2 is so far along it's on sale on friggin Steam for like 15 freedom seeds and got an uodate like 2 weeks ago. Is coc 1 better than 2 I ask because i Last played it as a child like 15 years ago and was playing more fun text adventures on my qwerty phone.
yes CoC is better CoC2 (which i see as not a sequel but fantasy TiTS) CoC 2 Has to much control over Transformations requiring several Item to change one part, it isn't as clear where to go/what to do, and is just confusing plot

if you want to get into 1 again play CoCXianxia, adds to a good base and the additions are simple and realtively easy to understand, makes you race matter for stats and not just scenes plus mix and matching parts for multiply stats buffs and perks plus a way to control it, plus ng+ has a point to exist and enhances the experiences while allowing the abillity to start with gear and transforatives you collected and stored on you last playthrough

Skooky

Nov 3, 2021
Okay I come here to post meme reviews to make people have a nose exhaling quasi-giggle but this is just fucking stupid now.
There has been radio silence from Innoxia since late november, and the last update was on fucking september.

Surprise, surprise, the subscribestar is still open. At what point does a game just become a scam?
I understand developing a game by yourself is hard, and I get it that the larger the game becomes, more and more time it takes to develop. But at this point I'd be okay with another "hey guys, I'm dead but I'm fine" post.

weetweet69

Feb 25, 2019
Okay I come here to post meme reviews to make people have a nose exhaling quasi-giggle but this is just fucking stupid now.
There has been radio silence from Innoxia since late november, and the last update was on fucking september.

Surprise, surprise, the subscribestar is still open. At what point does a game just become a scam?
I understand developing a game by yourself is hard, and I get it that the larger the game becomes, more and more time it takes to develop. But at this point I'd be okay with another "hey guys, I'm dead but I'm fine" post.
Another such post would let one know Innoxia is around but without any update, one may as well make guesses as to what's even going on. If another update is still being made, it'd be nice but even that can be a let down if it's nothing even story related that keeps the plot going.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Is there really no other competent developer team who's gonna make a competition to this game? it's seriously such a low-hanging fruit where the supply-demand is clear and just a single appearance of an alternative option would quickly led everyone to disband this sinking ship
Strive for Power (actually 100% finished), Strive Conquest (alpha sequel, getting semi-regular updates still), CoC1 (officially 'complete' despite having no ending and abandoned for the sequel, modders keeping it alive), TiTS (alpha, still getting updates), Masters of Raana (alpha, no non-Human characters, still getting updates), Fort of Chains (another 'completed' game that has no ending and was abandoned, don't know if modders are trying to keep it alive), No Haven (uses an obnoxiously old engine that requires special software, but is finally being converted to Twine after being promised for years; updates so slow most people consider it a scam at this point.)

There are probably some other similar games I've forgotten, but those are the standouts I've tried. While not quite the same genre I'd also recommend Portal of Phereon all day. It's a sandbox RPG with monstergirls, lots of customization, has actual endings, and is very close to being 100% complete.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Not exactly. The dev has the power to control the level of complexity of his game, keeping things within a scope that one person alone can accomplish.

The thing is that they're very often driven by the audience/supporters desire for more things, more complexity, more fetishes and systems, and this all increases the scope of the game drastically.

It's a basic skill that a solo dev must have to simply know how to say their audience: "No, I'm not going to add this complex system, I'm not going to add 30 more fetishes because I can't write it all, I need to think about keeping things handleable so I can one day finish this game."

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Strive for Power (actually 100% finished), Strive Conquest (alpha sequel, getting semi-regular updates still), CoC1 (officially 'complete' despite having no ending and abandoned for the sequel, modders keeping it alive), TiTS (alpha, still getting updates), Masters of Raana (alpha, no non-Human characters, still getting updates), Fort of Chains (another 'completed' game that has no ending and was abandoned, don't know if modders are trying to keep it alive), No Haven (uses an obnoxiously old engine that requires special software, but is finally being converted to Twine after being promised for years; updates so slow most people consider it a scam at this point.)

There are probably some other similar games I've forgotten, but those are the standouts I've tried. While not quite the same genre I'd also recommend Portal of Phereon all day. It's a sandbox RPG with monstergirls, lots of customization, has actual endings, and is very close to being 100% complete.
I actually just finished a Strive for Power playthrough 3 weeks ago lol, and Portal of Phereon is also something i've played repeatedly and enjoyed. They're indeed quite similar but i can say for sure that they don't scratch the same itch that LT mechanics does...

My parallels would be something like.. if i want to scratch my itch about playing breeding season, i'll go play Breeders of Nephelym or Breeding Farm or ..Cloud Meadow (*sigh)

But if want to scratch my itch of playing Lilith's Throne, there's no other game that is actually a direct competition or at least spiritual successor to it currently

Firierbe

Aug 19, 2020

Why does it always have to be non-human? :cautious:

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes