Dec 26, 2018
Godot would be a good option for this game I think. Although you would probably need to use C# instead of gdscript for the sake of performance since the game is a sandbox with many moving parts and data points to manage.
And rf300400 is right that Java is hell compared to other languages. Life is too short to make your coomer games in Java my friend.
But I disagree that you shouldn't try. Even if you don't finish it you'll learn a ton from the attempt.

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
If you're that determined to work on it then please consult someone who's well-versed in finding loopholes in such licenses. Don't take the advice of random people on this site.

Anyways, so here's the thing: the game is in Java. Even though Java is my primary language, I'd say that Java is kinda hell when compared to other languages.

Modifying the files to get the game working or updating would be a BIG hassles, and from what I've heard, Innoxia is a terrible programmer so I don't expect the code to be decipherable as well.

If you want to make the game from scratch...ehh...good luck with that. It'll take quite some time. You need to read all the even tries and stuff. Plus you'll have to live up to the expectations of everyone.

Why don't you try modding Degrees of Lewdity? Or work on vanilla DoL to help Vrelnir. The code for it is pretty well defined, and it's an HTML game so it's far easier to work on.
Problem with DoL is it's only submissive, you can only be passively dominant or open to the sex. That's super unlikely to change, besides that the game is fun.

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
If you're that determined to work on it then please consult someone who's well-versed in finding loopholes in such licenses. Don't take the advice of random people on this site.

Anyways, so here's the thing: the game is in Java. Even though Java is my primary language, I'd say that Java is kinda hell when compared to other languages.

Modifying the files to get the game working or updating would be a BIG hassles, and from what I've heard, Innoxia is a terrible programmer so I don't expect the code to be decipherable as well.

If you want to make the game from scratch...ehh...good luck with that. It'll take quite some time. You need to read all the even tries and stuff. Plus you'll have to live up to the expectations of everyone.

Why don't you try modding Degrees of Lewdity? Or work on vanilla DoL to help Vrelnir. The code for it is pretty well defined, and it's an HTML game so it's far easier to work on.
I don't think Inno would just let me continue making the game even if I'm not making money off it. Her whales would likely come after me, and I just really don't want that. I want to continue the game, and on several occasions I have asked Inno if I could finish or work on certain characters that have been abandoned (like the Angel in the mall), but I have only been met with dismissals like "The writer said no one else should write them/the writer might come back/I'll do it eventually" or nothing at all.

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
I asked Inno how she was doing nearly 12 days ago, no response. I don't think she has actually talked to anyone in half a year.

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
If I make a discord for any potential game, or continuation of this game, how would I go about spreading it? I don't think I can just post a discord link in here.

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
Safest cheeky option would be to just create a new thread about your game but put the link in your signature with a clever call-to-action like "i was an LT fans but i also create my own game >>" and then just continue talking here ocassionally
I've never done that, how would I go about that?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
If I make a discord for any potential game, or continuation of this game, how would I go about spreading it? I don't think I can just post a discord link in here.
I wouldn't put a discord link here, but if you were to make your own thread of your own game, I doubt anyone would complain about you posting a link to that thread here. Then from that thread, you could of course put a discord link in there as a way to contact the dev or something along those lines.
I've never done that, how would I go about that?
I'd say make a thread in General Discussions or Off-Topic since the hypothetical game in this scenario isn't a thing yet. Most likely General Discussions.
If you're serious about making it, you could make a thread in Development.
Once said hypothetical game DOES become a thing (if it does), you would make a thread for it in Game Requests then apply for a dev tag and ownership of that thread.

BooringSeeker

Oct 28, 2022
Just make a new game and change virtually all the names of the assets. They can't sue you for a (better) idea. :KEK:
We just need a programmer with a Russian passport. I've heard that the Russians now do not recognize the intellectual property rights of EU/USA citizens, so if Inno somehow manages to sue him there, the court will just send her to fk out. :sneaky:

Reactions: CairnWD

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
I never imagined seeing this game with the abandoned tag. I remember the first release of the game, this was some years before I became a dev. Who would have thought it would end like this... This level of neglect.

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
I don't think Inno would just let me continue making the game even if I'm not making money off it. Her whales would likely come after me, and I just really don't want that. I want to continue the game, and on several occasions I have asked Inno if I could finish or work on certain characters that have been abandoned (like the Angel in the mall), but I have only been met with dismissals like "The writer said no one else should write them/the writer might come back/I'll do it eventually" or nothing at all.
Honestly, with how bad the game's code apparently is, the best (and safest) option here is to take the idea behind the game and systems, and start from scratch anyway, rather than trying to wrangle with the existing convoluted mess.
She can copyright the code, the story, the design, but not the idea. You would just have to come up with your own story, or a different enough spin on the existing story.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I dunno, I found DoL to be pretty messy. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the devs have to bend Twine/Sugarcube to their will in order to make sure that it doesn't break and lose its state.

Honestly, with how bad the game's code apparently is, the best (and safest) option here is to take the idea behind the game and systems, and start from scratch anyway, rather than trying to wrangle with the existing convoluted mess.
^ This.

It's not really worth the risk to continue LT, IMO. If it were under a proper FOSS license, sure, but continuing it as-is opens you up to the potential for C&Ds. I think you'll also be more likely to find people willing to contribute, given how much of a mess LT's code is. Refactoring it would take just as much work as starting a new project, as much of the rough bits are buried several layers deep.

Also, for the love of $deity, make sure you know how to 1) code, 2) structure projects, and 3) plan projects before tackling something like this. ;)

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
I dunno, I found DoL to be pretty messy. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the devs have to bend Twine/Sugarcube to their will in order to make sure that it doesn't break and lose its state.

^ This.

It's not really worth the risk to continue LT, IMO. If it were under a proper FOSS license, sure, but continuing it as-is opens you up to the potential for C&Ds. I think you'll also be more likely to find people willing to contribute, given how much of a mess LT's code is. Refactoring it would take just as much work as starting a new project, as much of the rough bits are buried several layers deep.

Also, for the love of $deity, make sure you know how to 1) code, 2) structure projects, and 3) plan projects before tackling something like this. ;)
I certainly have at least 2 of those handled :BootyTime:

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
She can copyright the code, the story, the design, but not the idea. You would just have to come up with your own story, or a different enough spin on the existing story.
Already have a basic idea down for a story, as stated in my listed thread

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Poseidon2699

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
So games abandoned is there any updates on subscribe star or discord. Also since it's abandoned is it free game for someone else to work on it
(I'm not offering just curious)

sliskal

Apr 6, 2021
I usually enter this thread every couple of months to see what's Innoxia's latest excuse for not releasing a new version and imagine my surprise when I see the "Abandoned" tag

Reactions: CairnWD
Dec 26, 2018
Degrees of Lewdity is a decent game gimped by Twine/Sugarcube. Having to control each limb and orfice manually for scenes using a UI made in Twine feels awful and I suspect the only reason why people tolerate it is because they're driven by coomerbrain.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes