VPedge

Sep 19, 2019
Bruh I haven't seen on checked out this game in prob 3 years and its still THIS little in content amazing

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
It's build from scratch using Java and some built in libraries. Well, a least javafx was built-in back in Java8. Long as you grab that library any newer Java version should work. I'm warning you now figuring out how this project works is a task in of itself.
Where can I find those libraries?

rf300400

Oct 8, 2018
Where can I find those libraries?
Install Maven and run in the command

mvn install

in the directory with pom.xml(Probably the first directory when you open the public build)

Unfortunately build is failing thanks to Innoxia's funny programming habits such as:

1)Using Java FX

2)Using Nashorn

Both of these are not included in latest builds of openJDK so good luck getting the game to compile.

Are you a Windows user? In that case just use the exe file. Let us Linux users struggle for the lulz lol.

• Sad
Reactions: jfmherokiller

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
Install Maven and run in the command

mvn install

in the directory with pom.xml(Probably the first directory when you open the public build)

Unfortunately build is failing thanks to Innoxia's funny programming habits such as:

1)Using Java FX

2)Using Nashorn

Both of these are not included in latest builds of openJDK so good luck getting the game to compile.

Are you a Windows user? In that case just use the exe file. Let us Linux users struggle for the lulz lol.
I am indeed a windows user

Zazislazy

Nov 2, 2019
Is there any chance Innoxia would try and seek legal trouble if I continue the game? Also, I would like to know if anyone could assist in this endeavor, which will likely be massive?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sparrow_rose

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Just make a new game and change virtually all the names of the assets. They can't sue you for a (better) idea. :KEK:
Don't let the gaslighters talk you out of competing against this joke of a dev;
we all know Inno would instantly lose all monopoly if even one competent person started their own project against theirs.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
All I can suggest is either Python or C# (they're closest to Java) and I'm familiar enough with both to be able to say I'm heavily biased in favor of Python, since this whole AI thing is breaking out into the world and you could simplify a chunk of the effort by outsourcing it to a bot (a.k.a. creating NPCs or code-rebuilding).

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
By the way... if you do follow through with this, make sure you don't outright declare yourself an opponent to this game or make it obvious what you're trying to do.
It should be obvious that there are really mentally ill people on this planet that won't take kindly to you threatening their precious idol's stranglehold on this, and will mass report you or something to get you shut down.

rf300400

Oct 8, 2018
What program should I use? I can't seem to find a good one
If you're that determined to work on it then please consult someone who's well-versed in finding loopholes in such licenses. Don't take the advice of random people on this site.

Anyways, so here's the thing: the game is in Java. Even though Java is my primary language, I'd say that Java is kinda hell when compared to other languages.

Modifying the files to get the game working or updating would be a BIG hassles, and from what I've heard, Innoxia is a terrible programmer so I don't expect the code to be decipherable as well.

If you want to make the game from scratch...ehh...good luck with that. It'll take quite some time. You need to read all the even tries and stuff. Plus you'll have to live up to the expectations of everyone.

Why don't you try modding Degrees of Lewdity? Or work on vanilla DoL to help Vrelnir. The code for it is pretty well defined, and it's an HTML game so it's far easier to work on.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes