Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Now it would be perfect if someone posted saves before scenes (since old posts are outdated) for the lazy fucks such as myself

Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
There are many technical differences but the one that really matter to us as player is the difference in image resolution. The "RPG Maker MV" version have all images at 1280x720 resolution (horizontal pixel count x vertical pixel count). The VX-Ace old version just used 640x480 (a limitation of the vx-Ace platform). MV can also support multiple platforms more easily (e.g. potentially Android). All in all MV is a newer tool so if you are starting to develop to day most would pick MV over Ace.

BTW I see you use Kelly in your footer. I loved The Humbling Experience :) - it was really well done and had so much potential. Really sad to see it halted :(.
for originality and quality the humbling experience was truly unique. really sad that it was abandoned

cratos

Oct 11, 2017
I finish all scenes in normal version lily 8 day 2 , i can transfer my old saves to MV version? It will work?

Vaman

Sep 26, 2017
I need some help, I've run into the situation where I have to clean up Fred's mess in the house, but there is no mess to clean up and I can't seem to go around this bug.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
I need some help, I've run into the situation where I have to clean up Fred's mess in the house, but there is no mess to clean up and I can't seem to go around this bug.
Which day is it? (number)? as a reference, that last day (day 2) is = day 16

GentlePro

Jul 10, 2017
I dont like Ren'py, its just a slide show not a game.
If i wanted a image slide i just extract the images.
I agree that Ren'py games can feel like slideshows IF the creator wishes them to be so. However, the beauty of Ren'py is that the creator also has the flexibility to make fully fledged games just like RPGM games are.

However, the main appeal of Ren'py games is that they save you the hassle of having to spend so much time just needlessly traveling between locations, giving you time to actually enjoy the narrative of the game rather than have to wait sometimes a considerable amount of time between scenes.

That and the ability to save at any given point gives you the option to quickly test all the different outcomes without needing to start over from what can be a much older point in the game, saving you a lot of time that you sometimes don't have.

Now you may not want any of that which is fine, but others do and it's good to have options should you need them, rather than be stuck with the way RPGM games force you to play.

So in Lily of the valley's case, if I now decide to start the game over I would have to spend hours just going back and forth between locations, when all I care about are the interesting scenes in the game. But had the game been Ren'py instead, I would have the option to just skip anything that I personally don't care about and focus on the parts that interest me. Wouldn't it be nice to have that option when you need it?

That's just a very brief explanation as to why many of us prefer Ren'py games, they're simply much more convenient and flexible.

blink66

Jun 20, 2017
I agree that Ren'py games can feel like slideshows IF the creator wishes them to be so. However, the beauty of Ren'py is that the creator also has the flexibility to make fully fledged games just like RPGM games are.

However, the main appeal of Ren'py games is that they save you the hassle of having to spend so much time just needlessly traveling between locations, giving you time to actually enjoy the narrative of the game rather than have to wait sometimes a considerable amount of time between scenes.

That and the ability to save at any given point gives you the option to quickly test all the different outcomes without needing to start over from what can be a much older point in the game, saving you a lot of time that you sometimes don't have.

Now you may not want any of that which is fine, but others do and it's good to have options should you need them, rather than be stuck with the way RPGM games force you to play.

So in Lily of the valley's case, if I now decide to start the game over I would have to spend hours just going back and forth between locations, when all I care about are the interesting scenes in the game. But had the game been Ren'py instead, I would have the option to just skip anything that I personally don't care about and focus on the parts that interest me. Wouldn't it be nice to have that option when you need it?

That's just a very brief explanation as to why many of us prefer Ren'py games, they're simply much more convenient and flexible.
I understand your point, but for me at least i dont mind run across the map discovering what to do.
I'm a patient person, maybe that's why I prefer this style of game. And Lily and many others games RPGM have a CG room.

googunogu

Oct 20, 2017
I understand that Ren'py is cool But what if the game was originally on RPGM. This happened with the game a Wife and Mother, she became a Ren'py although the author was conceived as RPGM. Let the developers choose the path of their game they are talented people. P.S. Sorry for my English.

ZanderTrex

Jan 2, 2018
Anyother error on the loyal path. When it tells you to clean the mess fred made, theres no mess to clean so basically you're stuck

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes