Cr8tive M3dia

Developer of Limitless & OctoPussy Island
Game Developer
May 19, 2020
i checked the mod and apparently theres something wrong with the day 2 part of the mod. it prevents the game from starting up and just give an error.

"Parsing the script failed"

File "game/day_02.rpy" line 7579
I'll have a look in 5 hours when I'm back home and see what the issue is.

Reactions: Look-see

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Ha
i checked the mod and apparently theres something wrong with the day 2 part of the mod. it prevents the game from starting up and just give an error.

"Parsing the script failed"

File "game/day_02.rpy" line 7579
Have updated it, had a line in the wrong place, should be all good now.

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
I just can't wait for next update i hope that work is not hard :)
Glad to hear that. It's getting tricky with all the different routes but it's enjoyable, having a new 24gb gfx card certainly helps matters but does mean I am doing more animations when I probably don't need to but make it look really good. Next update is looking 100 times better than 1st release also there is whole different scenes for every different route.

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
I am aiming for the end of the month. Day 2 was considerably bigger than day 1 and currently day 3 is even bigger than 2. With having so many different routes etc it makes it a lot longer to produce. I have a new gfx card (rtx 3090) which will hopefully speed things up.
that's great, I'm loving this AVN. It's one of my upcoming great VN's list right now. I hope you have a great and long career.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Glad to hear that. It's getting tricky with all the different routes but it's enjoyable, having a new 24gb gfx card certainly helps matters but does mean I am doing more animations when I probably don't need to but make it look really good. Next update is looking 100 times better than 1st release also there is whole different scenes for every different route.
Just make sure you do not get overwhelmed by too many branching stories. I'd hate to see the dreaded 'Onhold' or even worse, 'Abandoned' tags added to your game here.
Too many promising games died already because their dev realized he got overambitious!
Edit: btw, could you link your account here on F95 to your patreon? I'd like to promote your work with a 'supporting' icon, or is there a sexy banner I could use in my sig (tried creating one myself, realized I suck at it) ?

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Just make sure you do not get overwhelmed by too many branching stories. I'd hate to see the dreaded 'Onhold' or even worse, 'Abandoned' tags added to your game here.
Too many promising games died already because their dev realized he got overambitious!
Edit: btw, could you link your account here on F95 to your patreon? I'd like to promote your work with a 'supporting' icon, or is there a sexy banner I could use in my sig (tried creating one myself, realized I suck at it) ?
Exactly this, i'd hate to see this game go that way cuz of maintaining branching paths and distributing content over many branches per update, it may not look like a big deal at first but i've seen many devs burn out and completely scrape the projects cuz of how convoluted it becomes, i'd say this game appeals much more to the "Harem" focused demographic and trying to make different scenes for every routes seems too much work in the long run...i just wanna live out my "limitless" harem and power fantasy in this game so just my two cents :)

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Unless some serious changes happen to my circumstance there won't be any chance of the dreaded 'Onhold' or 'Abandoned' happening, I am enjoying developing this game far too much.

I believe I have synchronize my account here with Patreon, so it should come up now, very much appreciate your support. I'll look into making a banner or something for signatures, since you are the first to ask, any particular character you are interested in having on it?

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Exactly this, i'd hate to see this game go that way cuz of maintaining branching paths and distributing content over many branches per update, it may not look like a big deal at first but i've seen many devs burn out and completely scrape the projects cuz of how convoluted it becomes, i'd say this game appeals much more to the "Harem" focused demographic and trying to make different scenes for every routes seems too much work in the long run...i just wanna live out my "limitless" harem and power fantasy in this game so just my two cents :)
The Harem route will have the most content and the route my little walkthrough I have mainly suggested is the best to go, however the images creation side of things for different routes is not an issue, its more the coding aspect that becomes tricky, when you say could be in 10 different routes depending if you interacted with one person or not, or are there with someone or not etc.

But it also makes it quite enjoyable and makes your brain really have to work, which keeps me on my toes.

BitTorah

Sep 24, 2020
So MC was forced to live on his own by Dale, because Dale himself had lived on his own at the same age.

...but why then prevent him from going to college, which would have also gotten him out of the house? And why prevent MC from being welcomed back to his town?

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
So MC was forced to live on his own by Dale, because Dale himself had lived on his own at the same age.

...but why then prevent him from going to college, which would have also gotten him out of the house? And why prevent MC from being welcomed back to his town?
Why indeed did the stepdad want our MC and also the older "Room-mate / Sister" out the way. Maybe we will find out in later updates.

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Dev thoughts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good weekend this should be!
Just to let people know 100%, should they have seen this. This doesn't mean I will be releasing this update the next day (as in tomorrow) I was meaning the next day within game I cannot wait to release. Looking around end of the month.

JaCabe

Oct 16, 2021
Hey there,
I wanted to share my thoughts. Awesome concept. I loved the movie and the TV Series. Although to share, I was a little disappointed how the series ended, and it could have ended a bit better and was delighted to find another avenue with the same premise.

I hope you do not get nailed for copyright infringement. However, this being a parody of sorts, you should be ok for the most part. That is to say, at least what I know about the topic.

Aside from that, I had just a few professional critiques.

First, there were the occasional grammar mistakes, but they were minor by only a word here or there that could get 's corrected in the next update. Not enough to distract from the flow, but as this is a visual novel, I felt it worth mentioning.

The other, which is more significant, deals with the central premise of "Limitless brain potential." One of them being when he mentions not knowing much about wine. As the MC had done with the legal suggestion, he used memory recall, and it would be easy to add it there as well.

Granted, I may have been a little in-depth with my analysis, so I hope you're not put off by it but know it comes from a desire to be of friendly assistance.

That said, keep safe.
Best,
J

Reactions: shamtiiomi

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Hey there,
I wanted to share my thoughts. Awesome concept. I loved the movie and the TV Series. Although to share, I was a little disappointed how the series ended, and it could have ended a bit better and was delighted to find another avenue with the same premise.

I hope you do not get nailed for copyright infringement. However, this being a parody of sorts, you should be ok for the most part. That is to say, at least what I know about the topic.

Aside from that, I had just a few professional critiques.

First, there were the occasional grammar mistakes, but they were minor by only a word here or there that could get 's corrected in the next update. Not enough to distract from the flow, but as this is a visual novel, I felt it worth mentioning.

The other, which is more significant, deals with the central premise of "Limitless brain potential." One of them being when he mentions not knowing much about wine. As the MC had done with the legal suggestion, he used memory recall, and it would be easy to add it there as well.

Granted, I may have been a little in-depth with my analysis, so I hope you're not put off by it but know it comes from a desire to be of friendly assistance.

That said, keep safe.
Best,
J
Hey there, thank you for the comments. Yes I do admit when it comes to grammar, I admit I am not the best. I now have a good bunch of subscribers who are willing to offer there services with beta testing and going over all spelling etc so this will hopefully be rectified in the next update. I have corrected a loads already but I am not one to constantly bring out an update with just spelling corrected.

I have to admit I have not seen the TV series, only the film. However from my understanding Bradley Cooper's character was able to recollect information about law etc from a woman he was dating in Uni who had the book and he looked through it. So you could say maybe our MC never had any history with wine so has no idea about it.... Or he could just be saying that to be more friendly with Josie (Or maybe I didn't think about it)

Reactions: JaCabe

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i honestly wouldnt worry about the little things like "how would MC get info on this or that?" considering what this pill can do it wouldnt be hard to bullshit your way through a topic.

let's face it. if this pill did in fact let him controll 100% of his brain activity he'd be too focused trying to stay alive cause everything his brain does automatically like preventing him from using 100% of his muscles or his brain telling his body that there's no pain from stomach acid or so on and so forth would all be on him instead to manage those functions.

but that's only if you wanna get really into it. basically just enjoy the fantasy:p

AK Khan

Mar 14, 2020
The Girl's State does not have the name of Rita's mother, Honey. I want to know whether Honey is a main character or not?

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
The Girl's State does not have the name of Rita's mother, Honey. I want to know whether Honey is a main character or not?
She is, don't worry you will get your fill of her or more so she will get her fill. I just missed her off by mistake, but the small stats box will change with the new update to have all info displayed on your phone which has now been fully implemented (and oh my does it look good, you can receive picture message as well)

• Love
Reactions: AK Khan and randi99
4.00 star(s) 45 Votes