eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
PRE-REVIEW (not quite finished CH4 ACTII)

There are a LOT of things I really like about this game:
- the models (in general) are interesting and not the same old faces, expressive too. I think the father and Mikaela are extremely well done (character-wise too, interesting)
- the plot, while nothing too fanciful, works fine and maintains immersion
- the MC (weaknesses and strengths; complex)
- the stats and UI are well designed and easy to use and understand. STR/INT/CHA is a nice combo for players customisation and so far the author(s) is implementing player choices well
- a variety of potential LIs each with a good semblance of unique personality and motivations while avoiding some/a lot of the tropes

I do have a few reservations:
- (minor) I would have made the MC financially independant, like a grandparent providing an education fund for the MC [ok mo whatabout the sister?] that bypasses his father's control. It would make much more sense imho, and seriously the part-time IT job is unneccessary again in my eyes
- (minor) the mother looks younger than the 24 year old nurse
- (major) MC's relationship with his mother, his father and the whole 2 month thing. Sorry but that's not working for me. The story behind MC leaving home needs more tension and drama. Give the MC a reason(s) to not have spoken to a single family member. Make the mum either weak and utterly dominated by the father and siding against her son, or have father basically throw out MC, generate that hate, but have MC secretly in contact with mother and sister. But as it is THIS IS THE WEAKEST LINK. The MC has undergone a dramatic life change (the positive crux of the story) but decides to go and spend 2 months with a family he hasn't spoken to in 2 years? UGH?! Completely breaks immersion and it doesn't make any sense. Here's a solution, rewrite and have one of the immediate family members (mom, dad, sis) in hospital or dead or missing; personally I'd make it either the mom or the sis as that would create far more tension, everyone hates the dad already (good job btw). But not 2 months and not because of a single text message. Fix this and your work will be remembered... and don't take them presents.

Another suggestion. I don't like the mother and sister's characters. I think the mother needs some tweaks but needs more depth (like something annoying about her) and the sister is basically dull as dishwater (yaaaawn!). Make the mum bitchy and resentful to her daughter (a younger her)? Make the sis a nerd/intelligent/rebel (smarter-than-mom route) or dumb as a box of rocks/daddy's girl/nasty (mom jealous of relationship); the father-daughter relationship could be an interesting development. I'll provide an example... you made Charlie's aunt more believable and 3D than both the mom and the sis, and she has a cameo performance. Why? Cause and effects. Attention to detail. Uniqueness. Charlie's aunt has all of these BECAUSE the auther created her so. A small role but a well thought-out role. They could do so much better with the mom/sis.

Good luck.

EDIT: the "bad" sister could be a cheerleader and historically antagonised MC bc they were over-weight. Make the sis self-centred, stupid and selfish. Give her life!

Last edited:

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Guys, we learn that Fiona will meet with her ex-boyfriend, and then if we make the right choices, Fiona's friend tells us where she is. But I can't find Fiona where she's going. Did it depend on the choices?

meltyquestfan

Aug 2, 2020
dev note really is the biggest turn off lmao, imagine being attached to pixels that you have strong opinions about what to include.
then in the same note he says that he is not sure yet for alot of the content but the mom? he is 100% sure lmao what a contradiction

2 stars, dev is the biggest issue with the game.

Reactions: BrandonX13

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I started this game but after a while i stopped, i spent most of the time fighting with almost naked handsome guys, that was annoying, is this a secret gay game with just some chicks here and there for a quick fuck just to say "Hey see, i'm sraight".
Finally, i prefered the MC when he was fat, that was way more funny.

• Haha
Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
I started this game but after a while i stopped, i spent most of the time fighting with almost naked handsome guys, that was annoying, is this a secret gay game with just some chicks here and there for a quick fuck just to say "Hey see, i'm sraight".
Finally, i prefered the MC when he was fat, that was way more funny.
Fighting almost naked handsome guys? That never crossed my mind.
I'd say your perspective is gay and not the game. You look at the world that way, so that's inside you.

Fat MC wouldn't be believable with having women swooning over him.
It would completely change the tone of the game and for the worse.
He couldn't get away with being a charming scoundrel.
dev note really is the biggest turn off lmao, imagine being attached to pixels that you have strong opinions about what to include.
then in the same note he says that he is not sure yet for alot of the content but the mom? he is 100% sure lmao what a contradiction

2 stars, dev is the biggest issue with the game.
You are truly a motherfucker. :ROFLMAO: Don't get angry, just joking.:whistle:
They may not be blood-related, so don't lose hope.
If they are blood-related, no thanks.:sick: That would ruin believability and it's gross.

Last edited:

enaielei

Sep 17, 2021
Am I the only one or the MC sounds like a prick, especially towards her sister?
You went there to visit your family because you're longing for them yet you don't give too much attention to your sister?

And leaving her on her own at a party that you forced her to come to? What a dick move.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You went there to visit your family because you're longing for them yet you don't give too much attention to your sister?

And leaving her on her own at a party that you forced her to come to? What a dick move.
yeah I thought he was being a bit of dick. But I assumed the MC was acting that way because it seems the father controls her and keeps her kind of sheltered. So it felt like maybe it the MC way's of trying to force her to get out and do things on her own and try to have fun without needing him to be around. Cause to me it didn't feel like he was being a dick on purpose.

I don''t believe May was actually attracted to Alex, so when do we get them both? That was a disappointing development. lol
Yeah I kind of thought she was trying to make the MC jealous or something. Or at least was being stubborn and didn't want to admit she actually did think the MC was hot or anything. Cause she cam across like she disliked the MC for just talking to them then instantly liked Alex.

Last edited:

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Man Piper is such a stupid bitch
She is surely a wild one, purposely instigating the MC with that guy.
Adds realism and diversity to the cast since there are really women like that in life.
I'm pleased that none of the women are Mary Sues.

I wonder how Mikaela will differ to her as a baddie.

Are your rude stats higher than your respect ones?
MC mostly has prick responses if your rude stats are higher.
I'll have to complete this chapter with a respectful MC to see how much that differs.
I don''t believe May was actually attracted to Alex, so when do we get them both? That was a disappointing development. lol
I'm hoping we'll be able to have a rendezvous with Pineapple May.:sneaky:
For a selfish MC, that would surely cause issues with April.:whistle:

Reactions: Ken Moreno
4.40 star(s) 42 Votes