4.20 star(s) 47 Votes

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
You need to restart, because of code changes
My guess, you will have to say this a lot more often ... some players here are, well .. you know ... :rolleyes:
Your frontpage statement is not really that visible in white and understandable without versions number.
My suggestion, use a more visually vibrant color, state the actual version number and maybe make the " A restart is required! " in bigger font size ... this could help a little :)

Other than that, great game so far EchoFoxtrot - I like it ... the story is special and intriguing ^^
I also like the choices you give us for the MC ;)
And thank you very much for sharing your project with us (y):cool:

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
My guess, you will have to say this a lot more often ... some players here are, well .. you know ... :rolleyes:
Your frontpage statement is not really that visible in white and understandable without versions number.
My suggestion, use a more visually vibrant color, state the actual version number and maybe make the " A restart is required! " in bigger font size ... this could help a little :)

Other than that, great game so far EchoFoxtrot - I like it ... the story is special and intriguing ^^
I also like the choices you give us for the MC ;)
And thank you very much for sharing your project with us (y):cool:
Thanks yeah big red front may help :)

Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself

Reactions: pochops and PPLayer

EchoFoxtrot

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
You forgot to update the texts in the phone. Jessie is still calling the MC Jack there.
True it was added to 0.31 in the editing process. The subtitles if I can call them that to the texts are renamed

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
Thanks yeah big red front may help :)

Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself
It is not a font issue. My understanding (and for many many others) was that you dont need to restart if you dont care about renaming. Apparently not the case. But that opening post is not very clear about that.

edit: are there any changes whatsoever except the name? asking cuz I wonder if I can safely skip everything or there are some changes?

Reactions: EchoFoxtrot

EchoFoxtrot

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
It is not a font issue. My understanding (and for many many others) was that you dont need to restart if you dont care about renaming. Apparently not the case. But that opening post is not very clear about that.

edit: are there any changes whatsoever except the name? asking cuz I wonder if I can safely skip everything or there are some changes?
No, a few small dialogue changes for the sake of clarity is all

Reactions: Okyturi

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Little Regina [v0.31] [EchoFoxtrot] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,36 GB / 447 MB - LittleRegina-0.31-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,34 GB / 432 MB - LittleRegina-0.31-mac-crunched.zip
= ~32,9% of the original size, image quality 80% (png 90+%)

Download (PC*/Mac): -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
FYI... This error happened just after the new chapter started (right before the scene where MC is lying on the sofa with red), also my save is from complete play through using last game version (not an old save).
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/episode3.rpy", line 37, in script
    j "I don't think [jk] sleeps much at night, or very well. If at all"
KeyError: 'jk_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 218, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 235, in format_field
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1122, in __format__
    return format(str(self), spec)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1114, in __str__
    rv = renpy.substitutions.substitute(who)[0]
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Little Regina 0.31
Fri Dec 16 18:17:57 2022
[/CODE]

Update:
OK, after this renpy error, I keep seeing these same errors when ever MC's name is used. (Jack) I'm really not interested in re-playing this title again, considering I played this less than two weeks ago....so I give up for now.

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019

Such are the downsides of playing an active-development game. Nearly all code changes are going to require a restart. Only thing that often won't are dialogue changes.

FYI... This error happened just after the new chapter started (right before the scene where MC is lying on the sofa with red), also my save is from complete play through using last game version (not an old save).
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 218, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 235, in format_field
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1122, in __format__
    return format(str(self), spec)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1114, in __str__
    rv = renpy.substitutions.substitute(who)[0]
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\LittleRegina-0.31-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Little Regina 0.31
Fri Dec 16 18:17:57 2022
[/CODE]
The renaming was added following the last update, which seems to be the issue here. Try restarting and skipping back to the point where you were and see if you can get it to work.

EchoFoxtrot

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Key error jk_name
Jack's code for speaking use to be 'k' now it's 'jk' you need to restart

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok ,, with this update ,, now i'm thinking of a movie i once saw .... very similar to the way this update ended .... can't remember the actor's name otm :unsure:

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Great update, really enjoy the deep characters & their relationships developing realistically. Also enjoyed the soccer match a lot - first time i saw a well depicted one that actually makes sense (well the last minute turnaround was pretty crazy, but i saw a few even more extreme matches irl). Looking forward to the next installment.

Jan 7, 2022
I often bail on a project when there's a restart required but there aren't a whole lot of choices in this one are there? If I remember correctly, it's almost a kinetic novel where you can just hold down ctrl and whiz right up to where you were. Maybe two stops to re-make choices?

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
I often bail on a project when there's a restart required but there aren't a whole lot of choices in this one are there? If I remember correctly, it's almost a kinetic novel where you can just hold down ctrl and whiz right up to where you were. Maybe two stops to re-make choices?
Pretty smooth sailing. You get a few decisions how much of a monster you want to be towards your enemies, how cold you are regarding an innocent witness and whether you want to have a good time with the sheriff or stay just friends. But its not juggling relationship points but rather 3, maybe 4 decisions.

Reactions: Cavpal

Moonie1369

Apr 23, 2021
This is one game I did mot mind restarting! It has an excellent story and I like the characters (especially Loki!). My only wish is that Jessie is willing to share (polyamory for the win!) :cool:.
Keep up the great work I am really going to enjoy this one!

(The only issue I have is that a Fox would have claws, an eagle would have talons, but hey it is your story ;))

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I do like that this is not an out and out fuck fest and actually has a pretty good storyline.

Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: Moonie1369
4.20 star(s) 47 Votes