4.20 star(s) 47 Votes

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
A good update, Jessie just gets better and better, so annoying slow burn to get into that ass.

"How odd, we have a dog and Alistair is the dumbest one in the party".

"Can I get you a ladder, to get off my back".

• Haha
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Woke? STW? You seem to have some deep issues mate.

If memory serves the term woke came from US citizens of colour not being OK anymore
with having to sit in the back of the bus or not being allowed into a cinema.

Since you use that term in a negative way, please explain to me what is wrong for you
about citizens of colour wanting or having equal rights? You don't believe that
afro-americans are 2nd class citizens, or do you?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017

If memory serves the term woke came from US citizens of colour not being OK anymore

Since you use that term in a negative way, please explain to me what is wrong for you
How the term came about is of no importance, it's how it's used in so-called "common usage" that matters. "Gay" is a good example.
Either way, my BioWare rant aside, this isn't the place for this debate.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Interesting how you ignored the question.

In the future please refrain from quoting or replying to my postings please.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Interesting how you ignored the question.

In the future please refrain from quoting or replying to my postings please.
And it's unsurprising how you ignored my comment about proper place.
Here's a tip for you (and others like you) :
Mouse over someone's forum avatar and click the "Ignore" option at the bottom if you don't like what they're saying. That way you won't spread your misplaced moral outrage all over the place and the forums will be a better place for it.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021

get this weird shit out of here

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021

Uhhhhhhhhh no. Jesus the amount of brain hurt...... current day usage of the term is used by modern intersectionalists to describe calling everything an ist or ism, even if its not, because its easier to feign victimhood over anything else and injecting it into everything to convey a political and ideological message, usually beating people over the head with it, and making everyone hate whatever it is. Its usually pushed by grifters, corporations, politicians, terrible writers, or idiotic celebrities. They call black people white supremacists because they don't vote the way they want. They call people who don't want to pretend minorities aren't stupid racist. They call air conditioning sexist. They call not wanting to pump 5 year olds full of chemicals transphobic. All of which btw to usually directed by activists to grift money off of people.

Your comment is a prime example of this. You don't like woke, so you must hate black people. That makes zero sense in a normal logical lens and its a massive reach. Usually people don't like it because its so heavy handed it ruins everything it touches. Also no, it has nothing to do with the civil rights era of the 50/60s. You didn't have to be "woke" to see it back then, it was pretty in the open.

Also its pretty stupid to assume someone is a racist because they aren't a fan of an ideology. That's literally what you just did.

Jan 7, 2022

My first facepalm! Nice one!

Jan 7, 2022
"Woke" started as more of a commentary on black Americans losing some of the bigotry deeply ingrained their own community. The American left culturally appropriated and weaponized it.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Pretty good game so far. Though i do hope i can have good full romance with Christa and keep Jessie as little sister type of character that you protect, since those are the vibes i get from her.

saltydogmk

May 25, 2022
I'm new to this game, and I'm not that far into it I do not believe.
But I like the story thus far, and the MC is better than most other's in my opinion.
Christa (I believe her name is) may end up being a thorn in the side of the MC.
Or perhaps she will ease up later in the story, I don't know yet.
At any rate, good job thus far.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Kinda surprised the game got some 1 star reviews. They are both really idiotic reviews I suppose, one cannot expect humanity writ large to have good takes on shit.

1) One of them posits "The MC is basically changed every scene to be a completely different character."
That. Is. The. Point!
This player seems to have completely missed the point as to the reasoning that is the case AND that it is very obviously intentionally written that way. The MC is traumatized and is compartmentalizing their trauma to some degree.

The whole plot revolves around those dynamics. MC is a bit like Dexter Morgan. The player gets to steer him towards redemption or further towards losing his humanity.

2) The second one pretty much just has a dented head.
#me no like violence
#where pussy

Its okay to dislike narrative violence and to just want a game to be a balls-to-the-walls fuck fest- but it doesn't make a story that has violence / slow-burn a 1-star a priori.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I have not gotten super far with this yet, but I was able to use UnRen and simply key in Shift + O to open the Console editor and then type jk_name = 'Jack' (or whatever name you want instead of Jack). This way you don't have to start over completely. So far so good.
Fair enough. Though, clearly a few either don't know how or want to go as far as UnRen'ing the VN to do so. It's just a bit easier to say "Restart the game/VN" instead of linking them to UnRen and guiding them through the process step by step.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Kinda surprised the game got some 1 star reviews. They are both really idiotic reviews I suppose, one cannot expect humanity writ large to have good takes on shit.

1) One of them posits "The MC is basically changed every scene to be a completely different character."
That. Is. The. Point!
This player seems to have completely missed the point as to the reasoning that is the case AND that it is very obviously intentionally written that way. The MC is traumatized and is compartmentalizing their trauma to some degree.

The whole plot revolves around those dynamics. MC is a bit like Dexter Morgan. The player gets to steer him towards redemption or further towards losing his humanity.

2) The second one pretty much just has a dented head.
#me no like violence
#where pussy

Its okay to dislike narrative violence and to just want a game to be a balls-to-the-walls fuck fest- but it doesn't make a story that has violence / slow-burn a 1-star a priori.
Ah, the reviews on this site (or really, most internet review mechanisms) will definitely have a sane person banging their heads on the desk in frustration sooner rather than later.

table flip.gif

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes