3.70 star(s) 46 Votes
Jun 15, 2020
Ok you have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm talking about him recoding the entire thing to work out all the bugs. Because there are a lot, and he breaks the saves every time he updates because of it.
I haven’t experienced “a lot of bugs” and It doesn’t break the save every time so I’m not sure what you’re talking about, but the point is if you’re going to ask someone to rewrite their entire game don’t be a jerk about It.

Also it’s a slow burn game, does that mean you’ll have to wait a little longer for things? Yes. If you don’t like It don’t play It. If you’re unhappy with your copy don’t download It. If It keeps breaking for you provide constructive criticism about why it’s breaking. That’s all I’m saying.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
slowburn is fine as long as story advances somewhat on each update but this game has plenty of images missing (or wrong named or wrong name in code) and usual save from end pf prev. update not working.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This Dev needs to seriously go back from scratch and recode everything. I mean it too. Just recode every single line and test constantly along the way.

Then there needs to be some discussion his Patreon about what length of gameplay time constitutes an update he should release.
a good advice, hopefully you have posted the same thing on his patreon?

though i got you, partly....this game/dev surely is one of the most overrated around, with scarce short updates, bugs/missing images, saves troubles etc...nothing like radiant and similar underrated devs/games producing steady top-quality updates with virtually no support/pledges.

qweasd55

Nov 28, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 257, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 261, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
python:
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\game.py", line 337, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 866, in run_context
context.pop_all_dynamic()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 337, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Live to Fight 0.5.8
Wed Jul 07 19:09:00 2021
i got that problem when i play the new update with my old saves .. any help please ????

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\game.py", line 337, in call_in_new_context
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 866, in run_context
python hide:
File "D:\n\LiveToFight_0.5.8-0.5.8-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 337, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Live to Fight 0.5.8
i got that problem when i play the new update with my old saves .. any help please ????
using mods?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1. try earlier save if you have any
2. try autosaves
3. restart from start
4. forget this game
5. wait that it gets completed.

Reactions: Ted-E.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
1. try earlier save if you have any
2. try autosaves
3. restart from start
4. dont use outdated mods
5. search the thread for that particular error - perhaps the answer is there already
now, it seems more like it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well yea maybe try w/o mods but still best option is original 5th and then come try other saves and last forget this. i don't play until mod is updated and still on near every update saves don't work (had to restart once when none of saves worked and didn't use any mods and that was end of multiple paths).

on my playlist there are 2 games which tend to break saves when next update comes.

not to start fight and incur mods wrath let's agree that we disagree and be done.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
No .. never before
I try earlier but it gets me the same error
Keep trying even older saves or try and edit 00start.rpy (found in game/renpy/common/) - open it with any text editor and check if every "renpy.execute_default_statement" is set to "False". if not, change the one/s that arent - it should look like "renpy.execute_default_statement(False)".
Hopefully that will work for you.
Cant test it as im playing it in repacked 7.3.5 version for a while, so things could differ between renpy versions we are talking about.

MFGonad

Dec 22, 2020

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:
python hide:
del store[k]

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Live to Fight 0.5.8
It's possible that v0.5.8 was rendered with an older version of Ren'py then say v0.5.7. That can cause the older saves to not work with the new release. I don't have a copy of an older version of LTF, but if it was rendered with something newer than 6.99.14.1.3218 of Ren'py, that would do it. If that's what it is, simply re-releasing the game rendered with the same or newer version of Ren'py as the earlier release should fix the issue. Worth a try anyways...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
don't think any1 uses older renpy to render update when prev. was renpy was newer.

3.70 star(s) 46 Votes