Ren'Py Abandoned Live Your Dream [v0.1.0] [SantsStudio]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We have played god of war + witcher + skyrim adult mods that look beautiful and we want more.
What predominates is the Rpg tag that makes all the others relative to each one's choice
I understand the desire of creators to keep quiet about what their games are about, because they want to avoid spoiling early surprises, twists, or giving away too much of the plot before the player even starts.

The problem is, it makes so many game descriptions utterly generic, to the point where the descriptions kind of become useless. When every game is basically described as "This is a game! You will get to make choices! There will be people you can have sex with, and stuff will happen!", there's nothing that really stands out from all the other games that describe themselves the exact same way. And worse, it's a redundant description because we already know all those things implicitly when we see a Ren'py game being posted on an adult game site with screenshots of naked people (or genre tags that tell us sex will be happening).

I feel like even a little bit of extra info can go a long way towards making a game stand out and making people interested in playing/supporting it. Is it a light-hearted game where you're mostly just choosing who you want to screw? A psychological drama where characters will slowly come to terms with past traumas? A goofy buddy cop comedy? Is your neighbor secretly a vampire? Are you eventually going to become an action hero and explore ancient tombs? Is there a sinister conspiracy that the MC has to fight? Is the MC's father dead, and there's probably a mafia somewhere in town (aka the standard AVN package)?

There are definitely ways to give a little bit of extra spice without having to give the entire plot of your game from start to finish away. Even "You've inherited a hotel and are going to use it to assemble a harem of love interests" (cliche as it might be) tells me more than "You will make choices that will determine the ending!"

I mean, Choose Your Own Adventure novels didn't just say "Hey, you can make choices and there will be multiple endings!", they'd also give you a little back-cover blurb telling you "This is the one where you're a spy!" or "This is the one where you're a treasure hunter!" or "This is the one where you start a rock band!" or "This is the one where you're a ninja!" or even "This is the one where the writer was really high on LSD when he wrote it!"

For me, I don't mind the lack of a harem ending so much, so long as the game either makes it very clear you should focus on one girl over the others very early on (possibly before you start playing), or at least allows you to pursue multiple LIs early on but then make your choice of which one to dedicate yourself to later without having all of them dump you for cheating. Or having the ones you break up be utterly devastated and emotionally wrecked because you didn't choose them.

I'm also not a huge fan of stories where it's implied that any girl you don't do the romance route for winds up miserable and alone (or worse) without you. I think an ideal game for me would be one where you can "friendship route" any girl you don't romance, so you can still help them out with their issues and get them a happy ending even if you're not screwing them.

Though along those lines, I'm also kind of annoyed by games that either start you off in a relationship or force you into one early on, so the first girl you see becomes the "canon" love interest, and the only way to date anyone else is to break their heart or cheat. Especially if the first girl is relatively sweet and loveable - it's a lot easier to justify kicking a bitch to the curb than a sweetheart. I think the ideal set-up is to have the MC start out single, introduce all of the LIs early, and only start giving the options to seriously pursue them once the player has a clear idea of what their options are (and the consequences - ie, whether harems are possible, if dating more than one girl will piss all of them off, etc).

Though it also depends on the genre. If you're playing a corruption game where you're breaking every LI you come across, harem ending feels pretty much necessary.
Well, I usually don't play more than once, so I find it difficult to choose when there is more than one LI that I like. I'd rather go to another game where I don't have that problem. As it's really complex that I'm only interested in a LI in a game, so it's also difficult that I'm interested in a game without the harem tag.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of games where the only way to have a relationship with other LIs is by cheating on an imposed girlfriend. Nor of those where the LIs with which the MC doesn't have a relationship end up miserable. Although since I almost exclusively play harem games, I don't usually find these things.

I'm more of games with romance. I don't care that corruption exists if there is romance in it.
-unfortunately its barebones at the moment, 3minutes into the game and your kicked to sandbox room where u go through a bunch of rooms to "explore", one of the said rooms kicks you to the main menu, going to the washroom will kick you back to the intro of the aunt.
-5 minutes of "story" max as of v02b.
-lots of "coming soon" rooms
-judging from the phone icon, this is going to possibly be a timetable type of sandbox (find the character in their respective location on this specific time/day/week)
It's usually not a huge problem for me because I generally only really gravitate to one or two LIs in any given game anyway, especially games where the LIs either have a wide range of personalities or fetishes. So at most I might go back to play a second time to see what happens with the other girl I don't choose first time around.

Though it also depends on how complex the game is. If it's relatively easy to play through a story multiple times to get different content/see different endings, it's not so bad. But if there's a lot of grind or complicated mechanics involved in setting up which LI you're going to wind up with, I tend to be more inclined to just do one run and not bother with others, even if they were sort of enticing first time around.

Not going to lie, I definitely tend to play most AVNs more with an eye for romance and consensual hand-holding than I do to exploit every kink or corrupt every girl. To the point where I'll generally pass up content or optional sex scenes if it makes more sense to me that the MC wouldn't want to cheat on their current partner or corrupt someone innocent they're already sort of in love with. If a game offers both "love" and "corruption" routes I'll generally default to love.

I've got a lot of games with half-empty scene galleries because I refused to chase after certain girls, engage with kinks I'm not into, or otherwise whore myself out (especially when playing as a female protagonist).

Full corruption games (or corruption routes in games with multiple possible routes) mostly only appeal to me when the game makes the targets either kind of assholes or otherwise completely unobtainable, so it kind of justifies why you'd be willing to take that step.
is harem in this?
Not in existing content and not in planned content. We ain”t got any sex scenes now either.

Last edited:

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
an incest patch wouldnt really make any sense in this story, at least not so far.
After just a few lines in the very intro its explained that the mom has left. And dad has a new woman. I suppose a patch could make the new woman the "mom", but that wouldnt make sense.

Honestly, as of now, its not even worth trying this version. 1. its short. 2 nothing really happens, its basically just an intro or prologue perhaps. 3. the writing is..to put it mildly..horrible. - Said writing literally gave me a headache trying to piece together wtf I just read :D

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
WAIT WAIT WAIT! What? Looking at changelog it says 0.02b was initial release, now we're at 0.1.0? Does it make any sense?
And TEN months for one update? And according to what is written in the overview and the first comments, the overview and the (planned) tags seems to have changed!? What is happening here?

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Those screenshots in the op are interesting I know its Daz but some of them look like a hyper upgraded Honey Select or maybe what Honey Select 2 should have been.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
This took 10 months?

I was thinking maybe that he had at least taken all that time to find a proof reader. Nope. The Engrish is horrid in this one.
UI has been butchered so badly that I had to ALT-F4 to exit the game as there's no Quit or Exit button anywhere.
Scattered Portuguese in both the UI and dialogues.
Posing needs work (heel poses while barefoot), lots of clipping with the environment impaling body parts.

Extremely short and not really worth the download.

At this rate, it'll be another 3 years for a release with any substance to it.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
mmm it looks like a rework, I didn't remember the previous version so no problem :KEK:

Charlene and Jane's models look ok and it's nice that they have gestures while they talk. (there was some detail in some render but nothing that can't be fixed easily)

It would be nice to have an idea of what tags are planned and if the fetishes are going to be avoidable (they don't happen by player choice), skippable (they happen but the player doesn't see the cutscene) or forced.

Dev, you should maybe try to get someone to help you translate or proofread (the bad translation ruins the whole story, lots of mistakes) and work on the Ui.

Leaving that aside
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

By the way,you better eliminate those options of selecting the door to leave the room since previously there is an option already and despite choosing to go to watch TV you have to press the door :FacePalm: , it is unnecessary and more work for you

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

BigPoppaLoppa

Jun 29, 2020
Why does it say Android but their is no link? Just curious cause I wouldn't mind if the Android version was available :sneaky: :ROFLMAO: ;):eek:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The dev notes made me want to try this game but it's too short to really have any idea of where it's leading.

The worldbuilding is very limted.
The characters are very few, different and could be described better.
The plot is too vague to know if it'll be interesting.
The artistic side is correct.

A dream, a conversation with an angry girl, an overheard conversation and another one before saying goodbye.
The protagonist seems likeable. Charlene is nice and Jane is too much. We don't know about Vivian yet.
The animation is too brief and specific to have a real opinion about it.
The english needs some work. The interface when right clicking is incomplete and in portuguese or brasilian.

Good continuation.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote