2.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
The UI might be able to use a bit of work, I think. The smart watch is probably pulling a bit too much weight, especially considering how little real-estate it takes up and that it's not in a corner of the screen people often look at for pressing info.

Particularly with the energy meter; it took me forever to realize that my energy meter was on the watch, and even then I often don't have it up because I'm looking at a different bit of info on it so energy management feels more awkward than it otherwise might. Given how important energy management is it'd probably be better to have at least that constantly on the screen somewhere instead of in a rotating display.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, since I'm a fan of the games it was pretty clearly inspired by. A touch curious on how far the sleep stuff is going to end up going, since it's a big part of what I like about the...Imouto Life? Living With My Sister? Whatever-that-series-is-called-now series. It doesn't look like you're going to take it as far as they did based on how I'm reading things (and if so, no bother, you're not into what you're not into), but I'm curious as to whether I'm actually reading it right.
Good feedback. I'll think of the watch a bit more. I'm currently making it context dependent where it will switch to the most useful screen based on the interaction type. That might help. If that's not enough for a generally smooth experience, I'll think of something else.

I think a quick skippable tutorial of the UI at the beginning is a necessity as well at some point.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Advent Games drinking sake calls drinking beer (text and variable substract beer)

Code:
 "[drink_alcohol_sake.item_name] ( [inventory_alcohol_sake] )":
                        if inventory_alcohol_sake > 0:
                            $ current_speaker = p
                            p "Let's drink sake."
                            $ current_speaker = s

if trust_level < 3:
                                s "Ehm...[persistent.player_name]. I'm too young to drink alcohol."
                                jump do_nothing
                            else:
                                s "Ehm..."
                                s "OK."
                                $ current_action = action_refresh_beer <<<<<
                                $ had_drink = True
                                $ inventory_alcohol_beer -= 1 <<<<<
                                $ d20roll = renpy.random.randint(1, 20)
                            jump running_commentary
1717083740572.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Advent Games

Xiba21

Aug 5, 2020
can someone make a mod for this game to increase the stats of both characters and the money plz

Helenateddy69

Nov 2, 2023
Its an Interesting Game!
But right now its to hard to get up Attraction, to much Time Consumeing to come to the Nudity Party. Well yes you can Peek and Be a Creep, but this isnt the right way for me :giggle:

Advent Games

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
No more work and school
And you're complaining...why? :LOL:

Joke, it's a bug when you go to sleep between 23:00 and 0:00. It's slated to be fixed in 0.38.

how do you do the chores in the house? like dishes etc
If you are home during the day while she's gone, you can do the chores from the menu. If you work all day or if you work when she's home, she will do the chores instead.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
last question, are there any lewd scenes yet? if so what do i need to start unlocking more things besides peeking at her in the bathroom and at night.

Advent Games

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
last question, are there any lewd scenes yet? if so what do i need to start unlocking more things besides peeking at her in the bathroom and at night.
There are 5 lewd scenes, 2 on the toilet, 2 in the shower room, and there's the nighttime activity. In 0.37 it is possible (though hard) to get her to accept you looking at her boobs while she's awake.

Chó Lái Xe

Mar 5, 2022
Look great , love the music (y) but sometimes she scared me a little bit by her animation sliding show up and staring at me or maybe i just played horor game to much

Reactions: Advent Games

Advent Games

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
total modifications that override the normal renpy saving menu (or access to it) often get pushback.
I notice. People see the renpy tag and have certain expectations. The day and evening cycle plays very similarly to Imouto Life!, yet they don't complain about 'quick menus' and 'skips' and 'roll backs' for that game. It's not a Visual Novel, at least the main gameplay loop isn't and its not tagged as a VN but as a dating sim either ─ yet the renpy tag is there so I guess (despite being an indie-dev who's supposed to seek new norms), I'm expected to follow industry standards.

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
I notice. People see the renpy tag and have certain expectations. The day and evening cycle plays very similarly to Imouto Life!, yet they don't complain about 'quick menus' and 'skips' and 'roll backs' for that game. It's not a Visual Novel, at least the main gameplay loop isn't and its not tagged as a VN but as a dating sim either ─ yet the renpy tag is there so I guess (despite being an indie-dev who's supposed to seek new norms), I'm expected to follow industry standards.
There's 'Different to Innovate' and there's 'Different to be Difficult'; if I get in an automobile, I expect certain controls to function in a particular way. If pushing the turn signal stalk down turns on the 'Right' turn signals, and the throttle and brake pedals are replaced by needing to pull the steering wheel towards me or push it away, I'm probably going to be at least slightly put out.

Advent Games

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
There's 'Different to Innovate' and there's 'Different to be Difficult'; if I get in an automobile, I expect certain controls to function in a particular way. If pushing the turn signal stalk down turns on the 'Right' turn signals, and the throttle and brake pedals are replaced by needing to pull the steering wheel towards me or push it away, I'm probably going to be at least slightly put out.
The rollback wouldn't even work since the values are parsed through functions separate from renpy. That's because those parts of the game are not a Visual Novel and those mechanics are largely incompatible. But, I don't want to be too contrarian here and I know most players have no idea of what's under the hood. They just see the renpy tag and expect it to be a certain way. I'll try and add as much quality of life as I can to the game while keeping it a dating sim.

2.20 star(s) 11 Votes