cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
still as buggy as ever with occasional crashes so needs to save often.

that freaking obstacle race is impossible to win unless has pianists fingers.

Reactions: darkmine

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
still as buggy as ever with occasional crashes so needs to save often.

that freaking obstacle race is impossible to win unless has pianists fingers.
That's a problem with RPGMV, memory loss crash I believe. Can't really do anything about it except save often and pray.

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
Wait, he is now developing the RPGM and Renpy versions simultaneously ? Where the Renpy one is lagging at least a version behind? Why?

tc23emp

Nov 10, 2017
If the timers on the minigames seem too fast, try turning down your display refresh rate to 60hz. I was on 144hz and the arrow games were impossible with a timer that was running too fast.

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I can not win the 8-second race for Dad's office.
Does anyone share a save game winning this race?
please.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Well - was going fine right up until I beat the 8 sec race to dad's office, and then it just flat out shut down on me...don;t know whut happened...

lockhear

Engaged Member
Oct 10, 2017
I had no problem with 8 sec limit. Just turn on the autorun (Always Dash ON). Then run straight to the right down part of father's table. But actual game version ends short after that, so you can spare your misery till full version is out :HeyGuys:

babar

Jun 17, 2017
Did anybody understand how to get from Mia's room to the father's office in 8 seconds?
si tu ne demande pas au père de toucher ton cul ça te donne 13 seconde pour aller a son bureau

if you do not ask the father to touch your ass it gives you 13 seconds to go to his office

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Actually my issue was just MV related - too much dashing and running into what I'm sure is MV trying to catch up and hiccupping. Slowed down and reached end of content. And as for a save - here is where I got to with free roam enabled - 18 of 30 pics collected...

Reactions: hasan caglar

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Someone mind explaining the whole setup of this so I can properly format the OP?

What is Living with Mia in relation to My Sister Mia, does it replace these versions or what? Is it something completely new?

(I haven't actually read through topic to keep up with what updates are what, lol)
It seems that the original RPGM game My Sister Mia has been renamed to Living With Mia now - you know why. And Summer With Mia is its complete rewrite for the Ren'Py engine.

I think that the first Ren'Py version called Ren'py V.0.1 in the OP is the first attempt to rewrite My Sister Mia for Ren'Py that later was started from scratch as Summer With Mia. Since I don't remember its contents, it may actually not be the first version of Summer With Mia, but a separate and abandoned fork. I'm not sure about it.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
It seems that the original RPGM game My Sister Mia has been renamed to Living With Mia now - you know why. And Summer With Mia is its complete rewrite for the Ren'Py engine.

I think that the first Ren'Py version called Ren'py V.0.1 in the OP is the first attempt to rewrite My Sister Mia for Ren'Py that later was started from scratch as Summer With Mia. Since I don't remember its contents, it may actually not be the first version of Summer With Mia, but a separate and abandoned fork. I'm not sure about it.
My understanding from reading and playing is that Summer is a Ren Py port/conversion of Life (formaly Sister) it uses all the same pictures. It has only got to just after Emma watched the film with Mia and MC. I thought that is was continuing, the delays to everything are no doubt to do with required changes, but hopefully the port will continue.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Ren'Py version does not use the same pictures as RPGM.
RPGM version has a much lower render quality and resolution. All pictures of the Ren'Py version named Summer With Mia are new high resolution renders.
Scenes and scenario is somewhat changed, too. It's not an exact conversion but a re-write of the game from scratch with all new renders.

The continuity of the game looks like this:
Code:
RPGM: My sister Mia Act 1 -> My Sister Mia Act 2 -> Living With Mia v1.1a
              ↓
     re-write from scratch
              ↓
Ren'Py: Summer With Mia
What are you confused about?

3.80 star(s) 27 Votes