torresm

Apr 5, 2020
The quality is quite low when I play the game in fullscreen. Is this normal or is there a way to fix this?
The game runs at a fixed resolution, increasing the window size just stretches it and makes it look terrible.

Best you can do is use something like Lossless Scaling, which is what I and some others here use. It applies a fancy upscaling filter to make it not look like crap, and does a pretty good job at that.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
This is my belief, I once heard something like this (without any special arguments now). There was even someone's cool theory that Inusuku is Imouto, and the author Oreimo is the brother (although the ci-en blog specifically mentioned that the author has a brother). In general, perhaps I saw something specific and remembered it, but now I don’t think I can find it,

According to ーはかせ Inusuku is a man, he just has a taste somewhat developed by the sisters hehe.

I also remember that in the message it said that he had an older brother who is also an artist (name unknown) and that the person who makes the Chibi images for him is a close friend.

Also according to what I read in his CI-EN he said that he is 14 - 15 years old o_O

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Heh, I think so too... Besides the fact that she draws well, she also draws very quickly (the latter amazes me, perhaps even more than the former).
I had forgotten to mention, but I'm also amazed by this about Inusuku, he said that a CG with landscape takes between 6 - 8 hours.

Considering the level of drawing it seems VERY little to me, compared to me, coloring a CG image takes me approximately 5 - 6 hours (I think that in the last one of the sunset it easily took about 10), if we consider that the color consists 30% of an image it is surprising to see how fast Inusuku draws.

Reactions: akapp

akapp

Mar 14, 2020
The question about coloring from the author became too relevant, so much so that he posted a post about it.
1696049791272.png
1696049682771.png

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
The question about coloring from the author became too relevant, so much so that he posted a post about it.
View attachment 2968389
View attachment 2968386
Oh you beat me hehe,

I was already writing the message >:3

Well I'll leave it as a spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But I see that inusuku is aware that coloring the game takes up a LOT of time and is not something to be taken lightly.

I feel sad, I really wanted to see an official color version, but on the other hand happy because I will be able to continue working on the mods :3

So I will continue giving my best :3

I leave the link in case anyone wants to read the full statement:

Last edited:

Markuno

May 28, 2023
Oh you beat me hehe,

But I see that inusuku is aware that coloring the game takes up a LOT of time and is not something to be taken lightly.

I feel sad, I really wanted to see an official color version, but on the other hand happy because I will be able to continue working on the mods :3

Well I guess it was inevitable.

But I think that with this statement from the author people will really appreciate the effort you make when coloring this game, in the time that I have followed you it would not be news to anyone that there have been some "haters" and when you tell them "do it yourself" there if they stay silent, it's really funny.

Keep up the good work, and I really appreciate your answer about "it doesn't bother me."

I already want to see your next update and that of the FFFOX MOD.

akapp

Mar 14, 2020
Oh you beat me hehe,

I completely agree that Inusuku would have had to do a LOT of work to colorize the images, almost painting them all over again (which for him as the developer would have been a bit pointless, perhaps... rather disadvantageous :unsure: ). On the other hand, he announced that his next work will be monochrome encore, so, as he mentioned, his works in the near future will be close to the manga style and he is also trying to reveal this direction as much as possible. That's cool too. I like how the monochrome remake looks, and I'm also interested in what will be added in the DLC, as new features will be added.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daseson

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
I completely agree that Inusuku would have had to do a LOT of work to colorize the images, almost painting them all over again (which for him as the developer would have been a bit pointless, perhaps... rather disadvantageous :unsure: ). On the other hand, he announced that his next work will be monochrome encore, so, as he mentioned, his works in the near future will be close to the manga style and he is also trying to reveal this direction as much as possible. That's cool too. I like how the monochrome remake looks, and I'm also interested in what will be added in the DLC, as new features will be added.
Yes, you always have to think that he lives off of this,It would not be profitable at all to color a game by spending more time and not receiving equivalent money for your time spent.

It also caught my attention that he mentioned that coloring the current monochronous images would only lower the quality of the game, which makes me think even more that if he finds out that someone modifies his game, the most likely reaction is that it bothers him u.u

Something that Markuno mentioned one day "you can't compare the work speed of a developer to that of a fan", I think another good example would be your Akapp, while inusuku draws 10 - 20 or more images a week, you alone you draw 1 and it is totally understandable since you draw in your free time.

This also applies to the translation, the FFFOX MOD, the uncensored images of Mello, etc., are works of Fan for Fan.

I'm also very excited about the DLC, it's currently almost halfway done, so Inusuku is at a good pace.

And also mention Encore, which is also halfway done.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
>will use black bars instead of mosaic

Hmm, I wonder if this makes it harder or easier to uncensor, or just about the same amount of work... Maybe mello.second could answer this one?
Well, if that image is any indication, the black bars are partially opaque, allowing one to directly redraw for a nearly one-to-one recreation if one was inclined.

Reactions: torresm

mello.second

Jan 9, 2019
>will use black bars instead of mosaic

Hmm, I wonder if this makes it harder or easier to uncensor, or just about the same amount of work... Maybe mello.second could answer this one?
Much much easier, you redraw much less rather than redraw the whole package... meaning you can preserve the artsyle much closer to the original. Even more with what BlueFireNick mentioned, ALMOST TRANSPARENT BLACK BAR (second best kind of censorship imo)... almost feels like you don't need decensor mod for this one

Last edited:
Reactions: torresm

jokersama

Apr 4, 2018
That 'Monochrome Encore' is looking stunning, looks even better than 'Fantasy' and Fantasy already had amazing art.

SUNCRIS1010

Dec 15, 2020
Wait, the author is working on a DLC for this game or is already working on the next one?

And if they're working on a DLC, what's about?

4.70 star(s) 77 Votes