ーはかせ

Sep 25, 2021
I have to admit that my delusions were running away with me when I said I still have hope that FFFox mod might get ported to mobile.

After thinking about it some more, it probably is possible, but I honestly don't want anyone to go through with it considering how much time and effort it would entail, and I especially don't want BlueFireNick to do it, because I want them to spend as much of their free time as they healthily can making FFFox mod as good as they want it to be.
Yeah, that is exactly my opinion as well: let the man focus on his masterpiece hahah. Though I do hope at least the hair change be implemented being such a cool idea for the color mod. I really really can't make any promises, but if no one steps up for making it in the rpgmaker engine, I might just slowly mod it in whenever I have some free time. So if anyone with spare time is interested in trying and wants to take a shot I'd greatly appreciate. :p

I'm not a complete beginner in terminal, so I plan on making some scripts to automate changing all the images from a standard decensor and base PC version into their counterparts for the mobile version. That way it won't matter which colour version comes after that, I can just overwrite the source files and use the scripts to convert them again.

Thanks for the warning on changed images and image combinations though, honestly until yesterday I didn't notice the (I swear I know the proper word for the 400x100 images back from when I used faststone viewer on windows) because there were so few of them in the directory. (maybe horizontal collage, either way I know how to stitch images together so that's not a problem)

I have a feeling it might be more of a pain in the ass then I first anticipated to check for any smaller changes, though.

I'll probably end up using transparency layers in gimp to make sure everything lines up before automating it.

I'll spend a while learning the process on daseson's monochrome colour version, when I've got it right I'll upload it to the monochrome page so everyone there can have it.
In ImageMagick the function is called montage or array of images, but I think it can be called a tile maybe? But from what you say you won't have any problems with it. Since monochrome have fewer images I manually made the tiles in Photoshop just like you said, just to make sure they align well with transparent layers. But for Fantasy there might be enough of these to try automating the stitching with such a tool: the night H-scenes will prob be the easiest way to test it.

What I am a complete noob at is bugfixing rpg maker errors, no way I could have fixed all the stuff you've got listed in the readme for monochrome, so I think I'll completely give up on the translation for anything other than the internal names readable by Joiplay.
Most of the stuff I had to fix in term of bugs got eventually fixed in some small updates from hbox later. So if they do their job well there shouldn't be anything to fix :unsure:. Like I said earlier, since Shades translation was already done in Translator++ it will be considerably easier to port: it will probably require 1) find the equivalent japanese script to replace since they might be in different order or spread through different number of files during the port to rpgmaker, 2) most likely edit the way the speaker is tagged in the messages, also due to different engines/scripting. Both could possibly be automated, so I was hoping a tool another user had mentioned during Shade's v1.4 translation efforts could be used.

But hey, if you're interested in tinkering and trying stuff out: don't give up! I'm no expert in anything, my programming skills are very basic, my area of expertise irl have nothing to do with technology and had no previous experience with Wolfrpg or Translator++. The best this community has to offer was created due to curiosity and personal interest, Daseson can also attest to that :giggle:. Most people that passes through here are lurkers, so just your motivation for trying stuff out, tinkering and sharing your thoughts about it is something special and very appreciated! (y)

ーはかせ

Sep 25, 2021
Gentlemen, I asked inusuku about the color for imouto life fantasy and this was the answer. Could this be a glimmer of hope that one day we will see an official coloring for imouto life?

View attachment 2959666

Let's wait for that next report
This is a very interesting response, since he always showed no interest in the idea!
Maybe he is thinking about the possibility of making the next imouto game colored (the ones he showed the early drafts of)?

Reactions: akapp

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Gentlemen, I asked inusuku about the color for imouto life fantasy and this was the answer. Could this be a glimmer of hope that one day we will see an official coloring for imouto life?

View attachment 2959666

Let's wait for that next report
wow I never thought I would read something like this coming from Inusuku.

It's a bittersweet feeling, it makes me sad because if they start releasing all the games in color, my hobby will disappear.

But on the other hand I know that a coloring done by him will be simply beautiful, we must consider that I only color the images by mixing colors, inusuku what I would do is paint them from scratch since he has the sketches of his drawings, to this he adds his experience as an artist.

The difference would be simply overwhelming and of course I would love to see this.

If Inusuku releases a color version of fantasy I can already see myself comparing it to my mod and saying "
"Inusuku is another level" or something like that hehe, it would be something really funny.

I am also very excited for your next progress report!!!

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I have to admit that my delusions were running away with me when I said I still have hope that FFFox mod might get ported to mobile.

After thinking about it some more, it probably is possible, but I honestly don't want anyone to go through with it considering how much time and effort it would entail, and I especially don't want BlueFireNick to do it, because I want them to spend as much of their free time as they healthily can making FFFox mod as good as they want it to be.

I'm not a complete beginner in terminal, so I plan on making some scripts to automate changing all the images from a standard decensor and base PC version into their counterparts for the mobile version. That way it won't matter which colour version comes after that, I can just overwrite the source files and use the scripts to convert them again.

Thanks for the warning on changed images and image combinations though, honestly until yesterday I didn't notice the (I swear I know the proper word for the 400x100 images back from when I used faststone viewer on windows) because there were so few of them in the directory. (maybe horizontal collage, either way I know how to stitch images together so that's not a problem)

I have a feeling it might be more of a pain in the ass then I first anticipated to check for any smaller changes, though.

I'll probably end up using transparency layers in gimp to make sure everything lines up before automating it.

I'll spend a while learning the process on daseson's monochrome colour version, when I've got it right I'll upload it to the monochrome page so everyone there can have it.

What I am a complete noob at is bugfixing rpg maker errors, no way I could have fixed all the stuff you've got listed in the readme for monochrome, so I think I'll completely give up on the translation for anything other than the internal names readable by Joiplay.

what else was I thinking as my abstract minded self.

right, the readme.

I'm copying the format of your readme and I've edited the Joiplay cheatmenu tutorial with some more tips for the later versions, like changing the default gamepad to have F5 and F12 on the second cycle, using the on screen keyboard to interact with the cheat menu, and the tabs that you'll generally want to use: items, variable and switches.

I've got placeholders throughout my ~Fantasy~ readme for the version names and stuff anyone might want to keep in mind, and reminders for my self.

I'll probably upload a version for proof reading and other stuff to include later in case anyone is curious.

Also contains a shameless request for someone to upload the mobile version when they get get it next month.

Also absent mindedly I realized that fox eared imouto is coming to the FFFox mod sometime so I added that to my TDL to repack as much of it as possible in another directory.

The FFFox and daseson color mod updates are my most looked forward to things next month. Making the mobile fantasy version take 5th place.
There's quite a lot of coding for FFFox, and while the early versions were mainly call-and-answer events to prevent touching the main code too much, I've changed focus since to changing the code wherever needed, and just manually adding in the updates Inusuku brings, rather than porting from version to version. However, once the Kitsune update comes out, it shouldn't be too hard for one to do a simple image replacement, outside of a couple images, if one wanted to port a kitsune only version.

Also, I know at least some of Inusuku's files are already multi-frame images, such as the hscene folder, the eyebrow, eye, and mouth files, etc, and is possibly a technique Inusuku learned from them porting the last game (Inusuku's code has obvious improvements from the base game to this latest update). So that part depends on just how much they change it to fit the new engine. Good luck with your project.

ーはかせ

Sep 25, 2021
Also, I know at least some of Inusuku's files are already multi-frame images, such as the hscene folder, the eyebrow, eye, and mouth files, etc, and is possibly a technique Inusuku learned from them porting the last game (Inusuku's code has obvious improvements from the base game to this latest update). So that part depends on just how much they change it to fit the new engine. Good luck with your project.
Nice! It makes sense since this port have been in development for quite some time. Let's hope it turns out to be a mostly 1:1 replace for the port's images! :D

Aug 7, 2023

It's a bittersweet feeling, it makes me sad because if they start releasing all the games in color, my hobby will disappear.

But on the other hand I know that a coloring done by him will be simply beautiful, we must consider that I only color the images by mixing colors, inusuku what I would do is paint them from scratch since he has the sketches of his drawings, to this he adds his experience as an artist.

The difference would be simply overwhelming and of course I would love to see this.

If Inusuku releases a color version of fantasy I can already see myself comparing it to my mod and saying "
"Inusuku is another level" or something like that hehe, it would be something really funny.

So... if the creator started a color project, would you abandon your mod?

Annon-kun

Feb 16, 2022
Hmm... this is a difficult question to answer... really right now I can only say "I don't know."
That's a freaking curveball...and a bit unfair but understandable. What im sure about that situation is tons of fans would pretty much say something about the existence of your work Daseson. :)

Markuno

May 28, 2023

I see you took it well.

For a second I thought you'd get mad or something. And if we all want to see that next report, maybe Inusuku will surprise us.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
That's a freaking curveball...and a bit unfair but understandable. What im sure about that situation is tons of fans would pretty much say something about the existence of your work Daseson. :)
As I mentioned before, I honestly wouldn't know if this is good or bad, I don't know what reaction Inusuku might have if he realizes that someone has been modifying his game.

But well, let's wait and see what happens.

I see you took it well.

For a second I thought you'd get mad or something. And if we all want to see that next report, maybe Inusuku will surprise us.
I would have no reason to bother, I am a fan of Inusuku's work and I made the color mod out of a dream of my own, not because I was looking for other things.

As a fan of Inusuku's work I would be genuinely happy to see the game in official color.

Reactions: Heml0ck

akapp

Mar 14, 2020
"Inusuku is another level"
Heh, I think so too... Besides the fact that she draws well, she also draws very quickly (the latter amazes me, perhaps even more than the former).

Well, regarding your coloring compared to Inusuku's... I'd like to see that in the new games! This was actually already mentioned on the ci-en blog (sister explorer was in the demo). In any case, even if the developer wanted to color the fantasy, I would play it, but I would also leave the daseson version of the color. To put it bluntly, I absolutely love this game, so I love playing with both color and the original monochrome. I love the progress I've seen as you develop, and that's what keeps me looking forward to your coloring anyway, regardless of its peers. Also, I don’t think I would compare them... it’s not so much a “another level”, but simply my conviction not to do such things, since different authors have a different style, and different styles give different sensations, that’s my thought on this matter.

nikome7713

Sep 8, 2021
As I mentioned before, I honestly wouldn't know if this is good or bad, I don't know what reaction Inusuku might have if he realizes that someone has been modifying his game.

But well, let's wait and see what happens.

I would have no reason to bother, I am a fan of Inusuku's work and I made the color mod out of a dream of my own, not because I was looking for other things.

As a fan of Inusuku's work I would be genuinely happy to see the game in official color.
Maybe Inusuku will reach out to you and your Mod and ask for Permition to use it. Your Mod has awesome Quality.

• Thinking Face

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
since different authors have a different style, and different styles give different sensations, that’s my thought on this matter.
I love this message ♥

Sometimes I spend hours watching Twitter, I love appreciating all types of art, minimalist, abstract, worked, etc.

Each art makes you feel a different sensation, each person colors and draws in such a different way but they transmit their feelings in their works... it is something magical ♥.

Although on the other hand I think it's okay to compare, since with comparisons you strive to improve every day.

Maybe Inusuku will reach out to you and your Mod and ask for Permition to use it. Your Mod has awesome Quality.
I'm glad you think that way about my mod, lately I feel really good with the results... especially with the CG landscapes, before I felt them bland or very flat, now I see them I feel really proud of my work >:3

Mar 28, 2023
I love this message ♥

Sometimes I spend hours watching Twitter, I love appreciating all types of art, minimalist, abstract, worked, etc.

Each art makes you feel a different sensation, each person colors and draws in such a different way but they transmit their feelings in their works... it is something magical ♥.

Although on the other hand I think it's okay to compare, since with comparisons you strive to improve every day.

I'm glad you think that way about my mod, lately I feel really good with the results... especially with the CG landscapes, before I felt them bland or very flat, now I see them I feel really proud of my work >:3
If Inusuku does decide to color in Imouto for the DLC, or whatever upcoming project is in the works, I just want to say thank you daseson for your hard work on this mod ♥

Gregorian24

Jul 24, 2020
The quality is relatively low when I play the game in fullscreen. Is this normal or is there a way to fix this?
To answer your question, the image resolution of the game was not intended for fullscreen gameplay. As a result, as you may expect... It's pixelated.

akapp

Mar 14, 2020
@akapp:Wait, Inusuku is a woman?
This is my belief, I once heard something like this (without any special arguments now). There was even someone's cool theory that Inusuku is Imouto, and the author Oreimo is the brother (although the ci-en blog specifically mentioned that the author has a brother). In general, perhaps I saw something specific and remembered it, but now I don’t think I can find it,

4.70 star(s) 80 Votes