LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Another developer also wanted in on the whole "black'n'white little sister life" genre apparently. I didn't know this was a "thing" but it might be a thing.

--
"Sister-in-Law, Mirai-Chan"
"Precision Shooting - Air Rifle Edition -"
"The Legendary Matagi - Testimony of the Heir -"
--

Last edited:

rodrigosarri

Sep 22, 2020
sorry my man, but my japaneese is basically unusable at the moment, only know hiragana and a few kanji so unless you want it google translated then i cant sorry xd
This game will only come out in December of this year, so you have time to learn Japanese, hahahaha. Now, seriously, I thought the game was pretty good, so I wrote "if you have time". Google Translate helps a little with a few things.

cursed spark

Nov 27, 2017
This game will only come out in December of this year, so you have time to learn Japanese, hahahaha. Now, seriously, I thought the game was pretty good, so I wrote "if you have time". Google Translate helps a little with a few things.
was about to say that i already seen it translated, then noticed its explorer instead of travel, my bad.
And well maybe? first i gotta get the basics down.

rodrigosarri

Sep 22, 2020
was about to say that i already seen it translated, then noticed its explorer instead of travel, my bad.
And well maybe? first i gotta get the basics down.
Maybe it's the push you needed to get started? I've already "finished" the demo, it doesn't seem to have many words (under 300 I believe). And the game won't be ready until the end of December ;)

cursed spark

Nov 27, 2017
Maybe it's the push you needed to get started? I've already "finished" the demo, it doesn't seem to have many words (under 300 I believe). And the game won't be ready until the end of December ;)
well, how do i even start?
never translated anything so i am ignorant about this.
no promises about actually translating it, but ill give it a look.

Reactions: rodrigosarri

Heksakor

Dec 6, 2018
is there any plans for the guild girls or just the sister?
Not to mean anything disrespectfull for the other guy reply, but actually YES there is a plan for the guild girls, if you look at the previous CI-en post by the developer there is a slight interaction and anything else we just wait and see, Inusuku currently focusing on coding (bugs) before the full extended release, the other guy mentioned Inusuku is focusing on translation (he is thinking on it, but doesn’t promise anything) the guy replied to you earlier got it backwards, coding first and translation is still a consideration

• Red Heart
Reactions: CaptainMan

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Hope everyone has been enjoying the translation! have been having a bit of downtime (catching up on other games on the site, watching some anime, etc etc) while waiting to see if anyone had any issues... which has been very silent, so I'm working on the assumption that's a good thing :)

Assuming theres no major issues, I have looked and re-looked at the Titles that are used, and am thinking on altering it a tad and want to get some opinions from here before changing things :

Currently, most of the titles are as accurate as I could make them, but a couple of them have been bugging me, and some people have kindly pointed out some mistranslations (as well as a sodding duplicate... I've looked at this list dozens of times while translating and just didn't clock it!).

anyway, I'm going to list the problematic ones, their translations, plus what I think is the "closest" fit plus reasoning if needed, If any of you think something should be different, please don't hesitate to comment!

Problematic Titles : Jap, Translated, Currently Used/Closest fit? ()=reasoning
敏感肌 - Sensitive Skin = Sensitive (I don't want double worded translations)
慎重な - cautious, prudent, discreet = Prudent
根菜 - root crops/veg = Photosynthesizing? (Was used in Monochrome, but causes title length issues)
抜け目ない - Shrewd/Cunning = Shrewd (thinking of switching this to Cunning)
守銭奴 - Miser = Miser (really don't like this title... but sadly is still closest)
コミュ障 - Communication disorder = Shy (using Communication disorder screws with the spacing on the top bar)
下心 - Secretive/Bottom Heart = Romantic (this one stumped me for quite awhile, suggestions?)
脳筋 - Brain Muscle/Hot-headed/Meathead = Smart (Placeholder)
ワンチャン - One Chance/Wan Chan = Underdog (Took liberty with this one as its also a move in Mahjhong)
水も滴る - Water also drips /Handsome = Lolicon (had to research this one a bit for meanings, and also, where the hell was Lolicon title?)
波乱万丈 - Ups and downs / Dramatic events = Chaotic (more taking Liberty...)
絶叫 - Exclamation, scream, shout = Shrieking (was in monochrome)
気合 - Scream, yell, fighting spirit = Carefree (Placeholder, as Shrieking was already in)

Once Titles are sorted... and assuming no issues... I will give everything another check over and probably upload V0.5/Final?

Briheas

Nov 21, 2021
根菜 confuses me, as it does mean root vegetable, and I haven't heard it used it any other way. I have no idea what it's supposed to refer to.
抜け目ない means more like "nothing slips past you". I'd go with sharp or keen.
下心 means "having an ulterior motive" or "acting one way while feeling another". Two faced.
脳筋 mean meathead, jock... someone who's all muscle and no brains. The exact opposite of smart, in fact.
ワンチャン does indeed mean one chance. More specifically, gambling on long odds. Not really an underdog, but someone who takes a big risk and just beats the odds and wins. "Never tell me the odds" comes to mind.
水も滴る means handsome. It doesn't mean lolicon.
気合 means more like battle cry. Though it's more commonly used as 気合を入る, which means to focus or put effort on some task or something. So maybe "focused"? But that will depend on the context and if it actually was supposed to be an abbreviation. I dunno.

The rest seem fine to me.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I don't have any knowledge of Japanese, but if you don't like Miser how about Cheapskate or just Cheap?
I like that... gotta admit, Miser brings to mind certain stereotypes (Ebenezer Scrooge for example), which honestly conflicts in my mind when paired with other Titles "Miser Friendly Onii-chan" for example... whereas "Cheapskate Friendly" isn't as bad...

It's not a major thing, but it's just something that niggles me the wrong way I suppose?

脳筋 mean meathead, jock... someone who's all muscle and no brains. The exact opposite of smart, in fact.
Hence why I used it as a placeholder for now, I'm thinking Brawny? eh...
the handsome vs lolicon thing : one of the bits I researched ( ) , and honestly, unless theres a change in the full version (fully possible) it seems strange that Lolicon would be left out considering it was a title in the translated version of monochrome... and Hunk title also translates as handsome... urgh...
also, Underdog is a term used quite often in gambling, usually when one is percieved as "weaker" then the other... (a good example, Rocky in the first movie could be considered the "underdog" against the champ... man, I've gotta rewatch those movies again...)

Last edited:

Cliff_Edge

Jul 26, 2021
根菜 - root crops/veg = Photosynthesizing? (Was used in Monochrome, but causes title length issues)
Maybe use "Green" or "Solar-Powered" or something for this one? If this one was translated as "Photosynthesizing" in the last game, but the length of the word is a problem, a shorter word with similar implications might solve that problem.

気合 - Scream, yell, fighting spirit = Carefree (Placeholder, as Shrieking was already in)
気合 means more like battle cry. Though it's more commonly used as 気合を入る, which means to focus or put effort on some task or something. So maybe "focused"? But that will depend on the context and if it actually was supposed to be an abbreviation. I dunno.
I think maybe "Spirited" or "Hot-Blooded" might also work for "気合", depending on the context. Does this trait give Oniichan a buff in battle?

Note: I can't really read Japanese, so I can't 100% guarantee the accuracy of my suggestions here.

Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
Well depending on what the Titles give as bonuses. Most of these are dirty translates with me looking at the noun used and thinking about how it would be used to discribe someone.

根菜 - root crops/veg
I always felt that this was too liturally translated. Instead it might mean a few different things depending on how its used perhaps? Thinking of it as how and why you might call someone X thing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
下心 - Secretive/Bottom Heart
A quick dirty google search found me it as Shi-Gokoro.
This through a few other translates of the sperated words lead me to, Inferioty, Secret Inention, Ulterior Motive. So perhaps...
抜け目ない - Shrewd/Cunning = Shrewd (thinking of switching this to Cunning)
This one with another dirty translate. Is "Exactly". Nukeme Nai.
敏感肌 - Sensitive Skin = Sensitive
Maybe this is more like things where your thin skinned, so in otherwords easy to be offended or takes critisim poorly...
コミュ障 - Communication disorder = Shy
波乱万丈 - Ups and downs / Dramatic events = Chaotic (more taking Liberty...)
This one came out as Wavy. Perhaps...
絶叫 - Exclamation, scream, shout = Shrieking (was in monochrome)
This one came out as Fired Up.
ワンチャン - One Chance/Wan Chan = Underdog (Took liberty with this one as its also a move in Mahjhong)
守銭奴 - Miser = Miser (really don't like this title... but sadly is still closest)

Last edited:

Briheas

Nov 21, 2021
Hence why I used it as a placeholder for now, I'm thinking Brawny? eh...
the handsome vs lolicon thing : one of the bits I researched ( ) , and honestly, unless theres a change in the full version (fully possible) it seems strange that Lolicon would be left out considering it was a title in the translated version of monochrome... and Hunk title also translates as handsome... urgh...
You are misunderstanding what google translate means by Someone who is 水も滴る is both handsome and young. Not that they're attracted to young people. (Young is, of course, relative. A person in their 20s can be "young", just like how it's used in English.)

In my opinion, lolicon is left out as a title because the player is ALWAYS a lolicon. If it exists as a title, wouldn't that imply that not getting it means you aren't a lolicon?

also, Underdog is a term used quite often in gambling, usually when one is percieved as "weaker" then the other... (a good example, Rocky in the first movie could be considered the "underdog" against the champ... man, I've gotta rewatch those movies again...)
Rocky really isn't ワンチャン, at least not in the terms you're putting it. It'd be ワンチャン if the first movie was his only chance to make it big, and if he lost, he'd be out of boxing forever or something like that. Or if Rocky was getting really tired during the fight and decided to put all his energy into a single punch - it connects, he knocks out Creed and wins. He misses, he's out of energy, and he'll fall to the counter punch. That's more what ワンチャン means.

I should mention that ワンチャン doesn't necessarily mean they'll succeed. It's more about them willing to try in the first place. I agree risk taker or gambler would work.

4.70 star(s) 84 Votes