torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Is this translation still being worked on? Any word on if the official one is actually happening? Kinda wanna stop playing for now if it's been confirmed.
Yes it's happening, we have confirmation that Kagura Games would be handling it.
That said, it's been like half a year already, they seem to be taking their sweet fucking time.

Cliff_Edge

Jul 26, 2021
Ahh, awesome. Shame it's taking so long though.
Maybe they're waiting on the DLC?

They're gonna be translating and publishing the base game, so it makes sense that they'd also handle the translation and publishing of the DLC. Maybe they plan on releasing it together?

taotio

Jun 10, 2019
Maybe they're waiting on the DLC?

They're gonna be translating and publishing the base game, so it makes sense that they'd also handle the translation and publishing of the DLC. Maybe they plan on releasing it together?
As much as i would like it to be true , i doubt it.
I remember that Inusuku said that he submitted data to translating company.
Kagura games is known for long long games backlogs , meaning long translation times.
Most realistic scenario is that official translation will be only for base game , DLC will remain untranslated unless fan translated.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Kagura games is known for long long games backlogs , meaning long translation times.
I'm not familiar with their work at all, but I was suspecting this.
They don't have a single mention of this game on their website and social media, even though they have worked with Inusuku in the past for Sister Travel.

Oh well, good thing we do have this fan TL already...

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I'm not familiar with their work at all, but I was suspecting this.
They don't have a single mention of this game on their website and social media, even though they have worked with Inusuku in the past for Sister Travel.

Oh well, good thing we do have this fan TL already...
Kagura games might, just might... be waiting for me to complete the translation & DLC 100% so they can slightly reword parts of it, re-do the font and claim it as their own.

I shall have to hide some things in the files just to see if that is true ;)

and if they did do that? hoo... may have to ask for a job with them lol.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Kagura games might, just might... be waiting for me to complete the translation & DLC 100% so they can slightly reword parts of it, re-do the font and claim it as their own.

I shall have to hide some things in the files just to see if that is true ;)

and if they did do that? hoo... may have to ask for a job with them lol.
Basically monochrome all over again.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
As much as i would like it to be true , i doubt it.
I remember that Inusuku said that he submitted data to translating company.
Most realistic scenario is that official translation will be only for base game , DLC will remain untranslated unless fan translated.
Yes, yes, yes and no.
Depending on the title, Kagura will boost a translation up on the list of backlogs. We've seen this with the second Apostle game. Once it got announced, it then was released ahead of games that were announced half a year or more ahead of it.

shionels

Dec 12, 2017
to my experience playing both fan-TL and KG version of summer memories,
I sensed similarities in the translation (writing style/pattern) with some rewording
did I mention the distance between KG's announcement & release date of said game was quite short?
I have no solid proof though, so this is just my hard assumption based on both of above

Reactions: hurrdurrderpderp

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
to my experience playing both fan-TL and KG version of summer memories,
I sensed similarities in the translation (writing style/pattern) with some rewording
did I mention the distance between KG's announcement & release date were quite short?
I have no solid proof though, so this is just my hard assumption based on both of above
Essentially, whenever a fan translation exists, Kagura will put out an inferior translation. Fan translations tend to be pretty accurate to the source material, and any translation by Kagura would be pretty much a one-to-one copy of that translation if they weren't using the fan translation. Since things are reworded it not only deviates from what the original text says, it also sounds a bit off due to having to awkwardly reword things.

Icetea-Lemon18

Formerly 'Annon-kun'
Feb 16, 2022
Im not defending Kagura games but as I see it. The reason why they do work slowly is cuz they're focused on quality over quantity. Im not talking about just translation.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
and how can i use it? idk how to use the cheat table :(
As I just said, you need to use a program called Cheat Engine. I wouldn't say it's hard to use, but it might not be too user-friendly if you've never used a similar tool before.

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes