DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Where can we find an older version? Right now I have the latest public version 5.3.31 (which doesn't work for some things), and the only earliest older version I can find is 4.9.*, but that doesn't work with the game files.
I think patreon and maybe wayback machine if required could have it

guccifear

Sep 30, 2022
So, In light of Translator++ being fairly borked with Wolf 3 (and the older versions too, as I found out when I went back to 1.3.1 translation), I am open to hearing other methods in order to translate.

failing that I will just work on translate++ so I have a quick transfer over of things once the issues are resolved.

- Sad and Annoyed Shades
Maybe using MTool? DenseFool is reporting that the translation from 1.3.1 can be ported to 1.4.1 using MTool. But It's not working on my end for some reason. MTool is creating a "translated text": "translated text" pair instead of a "unstranslated text":"translated text".
DenseFool do you think you could upload the `TrsData.bin` file in your 1.4.1 folder (or the translation .json file generated from 1.3.1)?

MTool creates a pair like this btw, so a manual translation would require to translate the 2nd value of the tuple. I think something like can be used to start a machine translation on the 2nd values (also chat gpt 4 may translate all the 17k lines in a few batches of copy pasting text and telling it to translate it). Then it's a matter of loading the translated file using MTool. The only "gotcha" is that the translation would require MTool to work, but MTool can be copied into the game directory and be portable.

1685210003837.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DenseFool

Mczipper

Apr 7, 2020
Another problem with MTool that I have is this:

Screenshot 2023-05-27 212831.png

Text goes out of boxes and I haven't found a way to fix that. With translator++ the boxes are automatically enlarged.

Reactions: DenseFool

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Maybe using MTool? DenseFool is reporting that the translation from 1.3.1 can be ported to 1.4.1 using MTool. But It's not working on my end for some reason. MTool is creating a "translated text": "translated text" pair instead of a "unstranslated text":"translated text".
DenseFool do you think you could upload the `TrsData.bin` file in your 1.4.1 folder (or the translation .json file generated from 1.3.1)?

MTool creates a pair like this btw, so a manual translation would require to translate the 2nd value of the tuple. I think something like can be used to start a machine translation on the 2nd values (also chat gpt 4 may translate all the 17k lines in a few batches of copy pasting text and telling it to translate it). Then it's a matter of loading the translated file using MTool. The only "gotcha" is that the translation would require MTool to work, but MTool can be copied into the game directory and be portable.

View attachment 2654281
Here you go

Icetea-Lemon18

Formerly 'Annon-kun'
Feb 16, 2022
Just wanted to thank all the translator and the one that colors this astounding game. Thank you guys.
Dont push yourselves too hard. Rest when you need to or talk to us to avoid getting burned out. :)

Reactions: akapp

guccifear

Sep 30, 2022
Do you guys know where I can get the untranslated 1.3.1 version of the game? I want to try something to see if I can port the previous translation to the new version.

ーはかせ

Sep 25, 2021
Where can we find an older version? Right now I have the latest public version 5.3.31 (which doesn't work for some things), and the only earliest older version I can find is 4.9.*, but that doesn't work with the game files.
I have been using v4.3.31, let me upload here just in case someone needs it, even though prob won't work with Wolf3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
So, In light of Translator++ being fairly borked with Wolf 3 (and the older versions too, as I found out when I went back to 1.3.1 translation), I am open to hearing other methods in order to translate.

failing that I will just work on translate++ so I have a quick transfer over of things once the issues are resolved.

- Sad and Annoyed Shades
There is still the Wolf Editor for the engine itself, though that would take searching out each line and manually replacing the text. With the engine update, you'll need a 3.x version of the editor, but thankfully someone has translated the basics of the engine here. Takes a bit to get used to, but there's a search engine for both map and common events, so you can use the extracted text from Translator++ to then find it in the code and replace it.

Plushups

Apr 5, 2020
soooo, if i'm understanding right, the translator++ just isn't updated enough to deal with the new elements of the newest WolfRPG version?

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes