Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
soooo, if i'm understanding right, the translator++ just isn't updated enough to deal with the new elements of the newest WolfRPG version?
It's worse than that, trying to edit the 1.3.1 translation borks it too, I suspect this is due to translate++ being updated and something just not working as intended.

either way, dev of Translate++ is aware of the issue.

Plushups

Apr 5, 2020
It's worse than that, trying to edit the 1.3.1 translation borks it too, I suspect this is due to translate++ being updated and something just not working as intended.

Ah, so regardless, translator++ needs a fix in order to not bork itself when doing anything WolfRPG related, as whatever they did with their update screwed itself over.

so now the real question is, do we wait paitiently for that fix, or do we try other tools and pray they can get the job done properly?

guccifear

Sep 30, 2022

Hi Shade, In case you're interested, I made a script that can convert translator++ csv files to a json file. This json file can be loaded by MTool.
The idea is to export your translator++ project as .csv files using one of the options below (export whole project or export selected content), this process will export the csv files into a "Data" folder.
Then the `script.py` from the attached file can be placed alongside the "Data" folder and once it's executed (Running "python script.py"), a "TrsData.json" file will be created. This file can be placed in the game folder and loaded with MTool.

1685241609206.png

Export selected content may be needed as some sections (such as CommonEvent/264-272) will throw an error and stop the exporting process of the project, at least on my end:
1685241656208.png

The script creates a json file like so:
1685242161830.png
This json file will mostly work, but some translations will require a quick fix to make sure the key value matches with what MTool expects. For example if I export the "text to be translated" from 1.4.1 using MTool (Trasnlate tab -> Export the text needs to be translated), in the json file created i get:
"」を手に入れた。": "」を手に入れた。"

While the json file generated from translator++ is something like:
"@1\n「\\cself[8]」を手に入れた。": "Translated text"

So here the idea is that MTool expects "」を手に入れた。" as a key, so "@1\n「\\cself[8]" should be removed and the final result should be:
"」を手に入れた。": "Translated text""
This process of fixing translation should be quick using "Find and replace" from a text editor.

I hope this helps. In the attached file I uploaded the `script.py` file needed along with a README.md file with extra instructions. Also the zip file contains a sample "Data" and "TrsData.json" file.

Proof that it works:
1685243130996.png

Also, if you decide to go with MTool, I can make another script to automatically create a json file for the new untranslated lines from 1.4.1+ so you can focus on translating only the differences between versions, then you can just copy paste the result into "TrsData.json". If you upload the "TrsData.json" with the current translation I'll make the script as soon as possible.

Last edited:

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
shade
Hi Shade, In case you're interested, I made a script that can convert translator++ csv files to a json file. This json file can be loaded by MTool.
The idea is to export your translator++ project as .csv files using one of the options below (export whole project or export selected content), this process will export the csv files into a "Data" folder.
Then the `script.py` from the attached file can be placed alongside the "Data" folder and once it's executed (Running "python script.py"), a "TrsData.json" file will be created. This file can be placed in the game folder and loaded with MTool.

View attachment 2655358

Export selected content may be needed as some sections (such as CommonEvent/264-272) will throw an error and stop the exporting process of the project, at least on my end:
View attachment 2655363

The script creates a json file like so:
View attachment 2655378
This json file will mostly work, but some translations will require a quick fix to make sure the key value matches with what MTool expects. For example if I export the "text to be translated" from 1.4.1 using MTool (Trasnlate tab -> Export the text needs to be translated), in the json file created i get:
"」を手に入れた。": "」を手に入れた。"

While the json file generated from translator++ is something like:
"@1\n「\\cself[8]」を手に入れた。": "Translated text"

So here the idea is that MTool expects "」を手に入れた。" as a key, so "@1\n「\\cself[8]" should be removed and the final result should be:
"」を手に入れた。": "Translated text""
This process of fixing translation should be quick using "Find and replace" from a text editor.

I hope this helps. In the attached file I uploaded the `script.py` file needed along with a README.md file with extra instructions. Also the zip file contains a sample "Data" and "TrsData.json" file.

Proof that it works:
View attachment 2655407
You mentioned the wrong shade

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Just wanted to thank all the translator and the one that colors this astounding game. Thank you guys.
Dont push yourselves too hard. Rest when you need to or talk to us to avoid getting burned out. :)
I imagine that when you say the one that colors, do you mean me?

I must confess since I no longer have a weekly update promise, I have felt calmer.

I feel that making an effort to meet deadlines affects the final result, there is nothing better than going at your own pace and putting your heart into your work, that kind of dedication will be seen in the final result.

Man i Iike reading the community efforts going on here
You're right, it's quite comforting to see that more people like this game so much that they take the time to work on it.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
It's a damned shame that most of the tools I use for the translations need updating, especially as I set time aside for this entire week...

right now I'm going to work on the assumption that Translator++ will be updated, so I will concentrate translating what I can, with the assumption that I can quickly move the data over once the issues are resolved. not being able to access the databases of the game is annoying, as I cannot see a reason why Translate++ doesn't recognise them.

I will also be looking into other methods such as Mtool as other people have suggested.

7ndzts.gif

RemyDaikon

Jul 16, 2021
View attachment 1909401

Overview:
The latest release by Inusuku!
Life simulation with your younger sister in a fantasy world.
Build your relationship with your Imouto, Improve your Guilds reputation and upgrade your Onii-chan to be a better fighter and lover (and pervert)!​

Thread Updated: 2022-07-05
Release Date: 2022-07-05
Developer: Inusuku -
Censored: Yes
Version: 1.3.1 TL 0.4
Prequel: Imouto! Life -Monochrome-
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Notes:

Do anyone have any desire to get the v1.4 version?

Reactions: Arsvaarg

striderfox321

Jan 22, 2020
still waiting for dlc and the translate, some comment right about community just go full work mode to get translation working

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes