Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Status report : not much got done yesterday and a fair bit of today, have a bit of a cold. but I'm feeling a bit better, so am working on events that happen after daily guild work.
Completely threw out the ramen stand events and am re-doing it, with a blatant reference for those that like slice of life anime shows.

Ahh, still feeling drained, but at least I have an excuse to re-watch an anime for the reference :p
1.jpg

that and I needed a better... hmm... well, I'm sure most of you who got the event noticed it was a bit of a mess, and I needed a reason for Brother and Akatsuki to argue/have their eating contest.

some people may not like me putting references into the translation, but personally it always made me smile when I read a reference and have a captain america moment :
captain-america-i-understood-that-reference.gif

cheeseburger

Jun 4, 2017
A random question: Is there anyone here who has a cute little sister? I had the tought that if someones has a cute little sister they could be feeling very complex emotions by playing this game or not feel anything so i wanted to see if there was such a case here
I'm not really feeling anything toward anything IRL while playing the game, although if you refer to complex emotions about having a cute little sister, all i can say is having siblings, whatever their sex is, is a pretty complicated experience. At least from my experience, we bicker at each other a lot into our late teens and then it's all normal till now.
Nevertheless, i must say I'm feeling blessed Inusuku's dropped this kamige on my lifetime :)

The3DWeiPin

May 2, 2020
A random question: Is there anyone here who has a cute little sister? I had the tought that if someones has a cute little sister they could be feeling very complex emotions by playing this game or not feel anything so i wanted to see if there was such a case here
Well... Two, one of them is punchable cute
The other is... Cute? I guess? Bad personality however, she hates me for some reason

Do I feel anything? No, not really, it's more so... "Why can't I have sister like these"
Plus my natural impulse kinda hinders me from developing any kind of those feelings towards my sisters

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
Completely threw out the ramen stand events and am re-doing it, with a blatant reference for those that like slice of life anime shows.
I personally love that occasionally. You rarely see it much nowadays but as someone that grew up with Manga fan-translations in their early days, every time I caught a reference I would be like;
leo pointy-pointy.gif

Though I guess at least for Manga a lot of authors include references like that themselves anyway if it's a gag series.

Ivriktwo

Oct 14, 2021
Status report : not much got done yesterday and a fair bit of today, have a bit of a cold. but I'm feeling a bit better, so am working on events that happen after daily guild work.

Ahh, still feeling drained, but at least I have an excuse to re-watch an anime for the reference :p
View attachment 2695628

that and I needed a better... hmm... well, I'm sure most of you who got the event noticed it was a bit of a mess, and I needed a reason for Brother and Akatsuki to argue/have their eating contest.

some people may not like me putting references into the translation, but personally it always made me smile when I read a reference and have a captain america moment :
View attachment 2695636

Ah yes I watch Danganronpa to relax everytime i feel too tired......... funny anime altough I 100% prefer the games..... altough they are a bit expensive for me to buy together. I just have Danganronpa 2 because it covers everything that isn´t in the anime

• Red Heart
Reactions: akapp

SSRAndariel

May 31, 2023

View attachment 2695628

View attachment 2695636
For me, it depends on how off-script the reference goes. I'm just one of those people that likes translations as close to the author's original intent as possible. Not that I don't like references but sometimes they can be heavy-handed. In the end it doesn't really matter, it's just about how well anything is done and as long as it doesn't pull you out of the game.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Hello,

I was looking at my twitter and I found this image of the artist who works with inusuku... does it refer to a new sister? Or some other game that I don't know?

Curious note: right now I just colored the 2 images that appear on the sides u.u and I even published one in the monochrome mod thread.

1686717471503.png

Victor1999

Jun 3, 2020
Sadly my sister don’t look cute nor having cute personality

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
Hello,

I was looking at my twitter and I found this image of the artist who works with inusuku... does it refer to a new sister? Or some other game that I don't know?

Curious note: right now I just colored the 2 images that appear on the sides u.u and I even published one in the monochrome mod thread.

View attachment 2696080
I think the middle sister (new one) is from their upcoming game Sister Explorer, would be reasonable as it is the only big project that was announced yet haven't been released yet.

Reactions: maybe973

KING_S0FA

Apr 29, 2022
Hello,

View attachment 2696080
The one in the middle is Riko, the merchant girl from Sister Explorer. Dwroe_FVYAEIs1-.jpg

gaiar31

Oct 12, 2018

View attachment 2695628

View attachment 2695636

4e954b4dff8729bf4476d76d8185bce6.jpg

Reactions: akapp

Emereo

Jan 27, 2018
I have 2 younger sisters. I don't feel anything because the imouto here isn't my irl sister, it's the MC's. I'm just self-inserting as the MC

kengador

Aug 6, 2020
I have 2 sisters and games like this don't bring up any emotion towards them. I tried to invoke emotions by imagining how certain scenarios from games like these would be in real life. It just felt awkward and weird.

Reactions: Padav22

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
NORMAL DAY ON F95.png
Cute? Maybe.
Complex emotions? Is wanting to hit this annoying shitter with a shovel complex enough?

Hente

Feb 16, 2019
I have 2 younger sisters. I don't feel anything because the imouto here isn't my irl sister, it's the MC's. I'm just self-inserting as the MC
Yeah, I think that's exactly it. The irony about this sister game is that she isn't our sister so it all works out. There's a lot of evolutionary pressures to keep siblings from being attracted to eachother because of the genetic costs of inbreeding. And I bet it's not just pure biology. Even siblings where one was adopted at a young age is probably unlikely to result in attraction but I have no evidence to back that up. Spending too much time together at a young age might act as circumstantial evidence for relatedness.

But again, playing this game has no bearing on likelihood of having attraction to real sisters because this game is portraying someone else's sister. We just share the brother's mind and influence his actions.

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes