Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
Here's a link about it:

But essentially, yeah, back around 2019, Japan decided the wording around what constituted a mod that was for 'cheating' or 'distributing copyrighted data' was too vague, and just banned it all outright. There is a bit of grey area, and there are plenty of developers that don't stop modding despite knowing the communities, but technically...illegal. The wording in the law is also vague enough that some save editors even decided to withdraw their products just in case.
I remember that shit, still think it's a weird law but not exactly untypical, very Nintendo of Japan in a way lol.

Knowing Japanese lads, I'll tell you most don't care, I still play modded Skyrim with my friend from Osaka all the time (the co-op mod of course) who also misses around a lot with his own OP mods.. The law is directed more so to publishing the mods rather than usage, I'm sure many Japanese lads use your wonderful mod too... Though rather, logically it's probably just another tool for big Japanese companies to sue someone to the ground if they even think about modifying a single game file of theirs.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I remember that shit, still think it's a weird law but not exactly untypical, very Nintendo of Japan in a way lol.

Knowing Japanese lads, I'll tell you most don't care, I still play modded Skyrim with my friend from Osaka all the time (the co-op mod of course) who also misses around a lot with his own OP mods.. The law is directed more so to publishing the mods rather than usage, I'm sure many Japanese lads use your wonderful mod too... Though rather, logically it's probably just another tool for big Japanese companies to sue someone to the ground if they even think about modifying a single game file of theirs.
True. I could totally see some bigwig thinking their creation is perfection, and that any outside force touching their art would 'destroy' it. But I'm sure this isn't something Inusuku would think or sue over, since I've kept the right limits and all that. I just thought it very interesing, and very Japanese, to make a blanket ban to avoid case by case decisions. The fact that developers will not only keep uncensored art, but willingly send it overseas to be published proves that many of them don't care too much for Japan's bans.

Reactions: Kaiki-tan

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
If inusuku thought modding was that bad they'd have called out the colored mod when they got the question that made them respond about an official coloring of their games.

Markuno

May 28, 2023
If inusuku thought modding was that bad they'd have called out the colored mod when they got the question that made them respond about an official coloring of their games.
Most likely, Inusuku doesn't even know about the existence of the color mod.

And Daseson has already said that it is better this way, for reasons that he mentioned in the other thread.

Reactions: Daseson and torresm

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Someone once told Inusuku that he was working on translating the game into Chinese in one of the progress posts and he responded by telling them that if he did this without approval, he would take appropriate legal action.

So.... I don't think Inusuku is in favor of the mods, which I find a little sad because he doesn't know what a passionate community he created with his great game.

But hey, it is something to respect since it is a very personal decision.

• Sad
Reactions: Arsvaarg and akapp

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Someone once told Inusuku that he was working on translating the game into Chinese in one of the progress posts and he responded by telling them that if he did this without approval, he would take appropriate legal action.

So.... I don't think Inusuku is in favor of the mods, which I find a little sad because he doesn't know what a passionate community he created with his great game.

But hey, it is something to respect since it is a very personal decision.
Sadly, he's not the only one with this attitude. I've seen other JP devs, authors and even other modders (looking at you, Custom Maid community!) being territorial about their work, especially when foreigners are involved. It's definitely cultural.

PoDH

Jul 24, 2017
Is there a way to see all of the scene/gallery? Even with full save this can't find it.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Looking forward to Kagura release on this game.
If it's a no-show before January... that will mark 1 year since my translation's release compared to Kagura's still-to-be released-version.

At this point I'm actually beginning to feel embarrassed on Kagura's behalf, think how it actually looks, that 1 person could release a (at the time rough, but still 100% playable) translation, within the first week of the game's release, compared to them...

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
If it's a no-show before January... that will mark 1 year since my translation's release compared to Kagura's still-to-be released-version.

At this point I'm actually beginning to feel embarrassed on Kagura's behalf, think how it actually looks, that 1 person could release a (at the time rough, but still 100% playable) translation, within the first week of the game's release, compared to them...
This is why I hate when Kagura work on stuff, they snap up a bunch of different projects and you're left waiting for the game you wanted to get translated's turn. A few, FEW examples where they pushed the translation of a newly announced game up on the list and got it out within a year of announcment.

Cliff_Edge

Jul 26, 2021

They're either checking and double checking to make sure they took out as many of your thumbprints from "their" translation as they could find, or they're waiting on the release of the DLC so they could release the full game all at once. I cannot think of any other reason why they would take this long to publish the official EN version.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Are you really supposed to lose the first two contests?
It feels weird that it throws you into battles with groups 3x your hp.
I beat the second one and then had some dickhead show up to fight me with even more HP afterwards.

Or is there supposed to be a way more efficient way to grind?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Are you really supposed to lose the first two contests?
It feels weird that it throws you into battles with groups 3x your hp.
I beat the second one and then had some dickhead show up to fight me with even more HP afterwards.

Or is there supposed to be a way more efficient way to grind?
Nah, the battle system can be abused / cheesed easily because it records not your hp number but the literal hp bar itself.
But there's NG+ too to make it even easier.

Though the Budget Kazuma fight still counts as a loss if you win for some reason. :KEK:
Always spam atk training, Go ooga booga and beat them first before they beat you.

sevensins

May 29, 2019
So uh, quick question. I saved two separate files just in case but can you reverse the 'no pregnancy' after you complete the first 'big adventure'? I'm on day 70 and was just curious if I'm S.O.L.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
So uh, quick question. I saved two separate files just in case but can you reverse the 'no pregnancy' after you complete the first 'big adventure'? I'm on day 70 and was just curious if I'm S.O.L.
No, that's the goal of the game. The pregnancy ends are afterthoughts for those who want them but the dev has no interest in entertaining incest breeding.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
I think the FFFox Mod will add something in city store that will allow you to do so if i remember correctly.

Reactions: sevensins

Cliff_Edge

Jul 26, 2021
Uh, is it supposed to affect the godly brother mod? Just curious
You cannot have both mods active at the same time. They both overwrite the same files.

It may be possible for someone to make a mod which combines most or all features of both mods; making such a mod would not be easy, and it definitely has not been done yet.

Reactions: sevensins
4.70 star(s) 84 Votes