linylo

Jun 12, 2023
It's quite wrong to leave out BlueFireNick, who is the only coder for the FFFOX mod (technically, he was the one who started the mod, and I joined later)! Despite my drawings, without him there would be no mod itself.

Regarding the proposal itself... I agree with Kagura's criticism, I'm more than sure that the fan trailer can be better than Kagura's trailer (I'll be waiting for it anyway), but if we are to be aggressive, when Inusuku sees this, he may take back the criticism about himself and his game, so +0

In fact, this trailer creates unreasonable expectations in the first seconds when it uses images that, although they are in the files, are not present in the game itself!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
okay, I remembered to include nick this time, tysm for catching that, I was using nick's fffox mod.txt file for the spelling of usernames in the credits, and I was like, I'd better remember to include nick as well, and then I wrote the rest of my comment and got nick and shade combined lol.

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
It's quite wrong to leave out BlueFireNick, who is the only coder for the FFFOX mod (technically, he was the one who started the mod, and I joined later)! Despite my drawings, without him there would be no mod itself.

Regarding the proposal itself... I agree with Kagura's criticism, I'm more than sure that the fan trailer can be better than Kagura's trailer (I'll be waiting for it anyway), but if we are to be aggressive, when Inusuku sees this, he may take back the criticism about himself and his game, so +0

In fact, this trailer creates unreasonable expectations in the first seconds when it uses images that, although they are in the files, are not present in the game itself!
third and final reply to this particular message.

I will add the use of unused assets to my nitpicking kagura's trailer notes.

also omg, I never noticed the imouto in classroom cg when looking through the files before, that's so cute.

daseson
akapp
*looks over with pleading eyes.
"won't you please work together and give this imouto a (right) hand and color her sometime?"
"plz"

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
That's a cute idea of introducing reaction farm in the guise of weighted poll, too bad I ain't reading alldat.
And Kagura fucking up even before releasing the product, what a shocker.
eh, people actually want to farm reactions...

I swear I didn't even think of that, I just realised I could see who gave what reaction and it was the first idea that came to mind when making a low effort poll...

I think you should have righteous anger at my poll, and choose the swearing reaction when reacting to it, for no particular reason... xd

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
+ for anyone curious as to what kagura's mistranslated title looks like when correctly translated into japanese, this is it.
妹と同棲−モノクロームファンタジー−

* this is definitely being included in my tweet.

AnonymousGuy9

Oct 31, 2022
I'm pretty sure letting inusuku know about the translations and mods won't end well but welp, that's me speaking
imo wait for the steam or at least the DLC release before doing anything this big. You wouldn't want him change his plans.

Reactions: torresm

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
life can be weird sometimes.
- I turned on a free vpn to browse ero sites because I was feeling horny
- I checked one of my fav's ci-en accounts for updates, noticed they were letting an eroge translator I kind of dislike do an official translation of their game.
- I have very little curiosity about it because I already have a high quality translation of the game, but I'm in the middle of downloading an ero video and have absolutely nothing better to do, so I click on the steam webpage to watch their trailer, and it is the second most generic piece of garbage I have seen this week.
"welp, that's unfortunate"
- I rewatch their trailer and it gets worse...
- half an hour later and I am deadset on making a better trailer for the original game to give to inusuku and tell them that kagura is frowned upon in english speaking eroge forums, and the trailer they made for them is a blatant example of why.
- an hour later and I'm making a comment to ask my forums modders and users for permission to tell him that he already has a western fanbase, and it can clearly be seen that kagura plans on half assing his game's translation, and I would like him to ask them to either up their game or pay him better compensation for his.
- three hours later and I'm brainstorming trailor ideas and working on translating my thoughts into japanese as I go, and then I realise that the download I started at the beginning timed out when I switched vpn servers for a better connection 2 hours ago.

"Life!" is weird

but it's still a better series title than "living with" kagura's.

wtf how the frick did that become a genius pun at the end of my monologue.

oh well.

• Haha
Reactions: akapp

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
I'm pretty sure letting inusuku know about the translations and mods won't end well but welp, that's me speaking
imo wait for the steam or at least the DLC release before doing anything this big. You wouldn't want him change his plans.
I shall add you to the dissenting side of the poll's tally count.

And it is particularly the steam release by kagura that I do want him to change his thoughts about.

The one thing that I dislike the most, and that I want other people to dislike more, is large companies having a monopoly in a market, and using it to screw over / take advantage of smaller people in the market, or have their own product shrink in quality over time. and kagura fits both of these bills to a tee. from what I can tell kagura is one of the largest eroge translation aggregators, and their quality has gone down as they got bigger, I don't want them profitting from a half assed translation of my favourite eroge of all time.

but at the same time, I don't want to adversely affect the modding community here I have come to like.

so I'm leaving it up to a poll whether I tell inusuku about the fanbase, mods and fan translations, or whether I just tell them that kagura is a company I personally dislike, and here is the proof they are already halfarsing your games advertisement and translation.

which is literally the two things they built their business on.

so yeah... I agree that it is a risk telling inusuku about the modding/pirating/western community.

so I'm not going to say that part unless I have approval/consent/"looking the other way" of the main contributors to this forum, and I'm also not going to say it the overwhelming majority of users who participate in the poll vote against it.

but that and telling inusuku he's being used for profit by kagura are two separate things...

also come on, "sister life! fantasy" has been out for two years now and it's first official video trailer is a crappy one made by a shitty company fuck that

*insert hold my beer meme

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
*Checks Kagura trailer*

john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

dear god, that was... just crap. no-where in the game does it even mention a mother, bland descriptions, and every screen from the game itself... is still untranslated...

8hyjer.jpg

Shadesishere gets 15 votes for
do I have your permission to show translated images for a second, equivalent, full english trailer with your translations in example images.
go right ahead, permission granted, you didn't even really need to ask.

Last edited:

Rdegen

Sep 8, 2023
Okay now I understand why people are angry about the new trailer. It honestly reminds me of those eroge VN trailers. And yeah I think it could be improved.

Reactions: Padav22

Rdegen

Sep 8, 2023
I just thought of people doing an uprising against a shitty trailer might affect the people who enjoyed this and would enjoy this in the future.

Reactions: linylo and akapp

tisbefake00

Feb 11, 2021
- and worst of all, the music... doesn't fit the game's vibe at all, like, inusuku made a banger soundtrack for the game, and these douchebags replaced it with a generic guitar rift.
to be fair I don't think Inusuku made the soundtrack. But they did choose quite well, or well enough (I'm not critical on music). Pretty sure I once heard one of the bgms being used by a vtuber.
But yes the trailer was funnily bad. In regards to your trailer I'm on the side of just a indirect roast and not trying to start a war, wouldn't want to make trouble for Inusuku. Worst case the update gets delayed and they stop trying to sell to western market. Best case is what? collaborate with this community and self publish? Inusuku makes Kagura Games fix their shit? or for Kagura Games to use your trailer?

• Red Heart
Reactions: linylo

Xeikatsu

Dec 6, 2022
Here we go again...
I think this was discussed b4 by everyone even before 143 came out and it wont be long for the big reveal and everyone's prediction that Kagura will steal some1s TL again

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
okay, I remembered to include nick this time, tysm for catching that, I was using nick's fffox mod.txt file for the spelling of usernames in the credits, and I was like, I'd better remember to include nick as well, and then I wrote the rest of my comment and got nick and shade combined lol.
Come, Shadesishere, it is time...

BlueFireNick gets 15 votes
- ongoing fffox mod

- if the vote goes through:
can I make an intial mod trailer showcasing the fffox mod features?
First all, I'd like to say, I haven't felt such an ick since I saw the font Kagura chose.
Having spent so long using word, photoshop, etc, and focusing on font, almost any font is a better choice than this. The two's look like stylized 8's, the 5 is just an S... Never use a font outside of a mainline one unless you're attempting to match or set a certain tone.

On the flip side, it appears that the translation is slightly different from Shadesishere's from their screenshot, with a different choice for the policy, guild rep, and mood names. And I know some are expecting the Kagura's version to be DLC since the releases are set for the same month, but as a coder for WolfRPG...it's possible...if Inusuku decided to upend the entire game's code to create a multi-language version (surprisingly possible, but lots of work), while simultaneously working on the DLC, so...don't hold your breath on that bet, at the very least.

In the end, I only ever planned to get it for the uncensored images. Unless that turns out to be a bust too, but Kagura's one main point is getting the original uncensored works from the artists for their games, which will be nice. As for the uprising, there are pros and cons. Many Japanese devs don't know how to approach the western market when trying to sell games. They would have to figure out which platforms, what rules, and what hoops to jump through, especially for a game like Inusuku's that skirts the edges of the limits of what is allowed. Therefore, doing it on their own is pretty much nil. While we dislike how Kagura and others operate, they do present an opportunity for devs to open their games to more audiences without having to worry as much. It takes a lot to get a Japanese dev's trust, so if they were told the company wasn't doing it right, without being able to understand the full context of what was wrong, being the issues involve English nuances and cultural views, they might be dissuaded from attempting English releases ever again. Why try if the trouble outweighs the gain, right? Plus, it's not like we have a big background to say 'Hey, you can trust us!'. So unless someone had a personal line of communication with Inusuku and was telling them directly with the knowledge and ability to explain everything, then Inusuku might just feel overwhelmed by a sudden perceived 'backlash' from releasing it in the west. Plus, we've never been sure whether Inusuku is okay with modding, but have always leaned toward, 'probably not', so, yeah...
Just my point of view on the situation.

However, I would find a new trailer dunking on Kagura to be very hilarious. And feel free to use any mod content.

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
Come, Shadesishere, it is time...

First all, I'd like to say, I haven't felt such an ick since I saw the font Kagura chose.
Having spent so long using word, photoshop, etc, and focusing on font, almost any font is a better choice than this. The two's look like stylized 8's, the 5 is just an S... Never use a font outside of a mainline one unless you're attempting to match or set a certain tone.

On the flip side, it appears that the translation is slightly different from Shadesishere's from their screenshot, with a different choice for the policy, guild rep, and mood names. And I know some are expecting the Kagura's version to be DLC since the releases are set for the same month, but as a coder for WolfRPG...it's possible...if Inusuku decided to upend the entire game's code to create a multi-language version (surprisingly possible, but lots of work), while simultaneously working on the DLC, so...don't hold your breath on that bet, at the very least.

In the end, I only ever planned to get it for the uncensored images. Unless that turns out to be a bust too, but Kagura's one main point is getting the original uncensored works from the artists for their games, which will be nice. As for the uprising, there are pros and cons. Many Japanese devs don't know how to approach the western market when trying to sell games. They would have to figure out which platforms, what rules, and what hoops to jump through, especially for a game like Inusuku's that skirts the edges of the limits of what is allowed. Therefore, doing it on their own is pretty much nil. While we dislike how Kagura and others operate, they do present an opportunity for devs to open their games to more audiences without having to worry as much. It takes a lot to get a Japanese dev's trust, so if they were told the company wasn't doing it right, without being able to understand the full context of what was wrong, being the issues involve English nuances and cultural views, they might be dissuaded from attempting English releases ever again. Why try if the trouble outweighs the gain, right? Plus, it's not like we have a big background to say 'Hey, you can trust us!'. So unless someone had a personal line of communication with Inusuku and was telling them directly with the knowledge and ability to explain everything, then Inusuku might just feel overwhelmed by a sudden perceived 'backlash' from releasing it in the west. Plus, we've never been sure whether Inusuku is okay with modding, but have always leaned toward, 'probably not', so, yeah...
Just my point of view on the situation.

However, I would find a new trailer dunking on Kagura to be very hilarious. And feel free to use any mod content.
What kind of nutjobs woke up one day and decided they'd make 'E', '5', and '2' look like that, and the letter's distance in the stats looks uneven as well. God, the font is awful.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Okay, I thought the trailer was just bad in a funny way, but this... this is plain shit. I've seen some pretty ugly font choices in official releases before, but this might be the first one that makes numbers hard to read. What an achievement!

1709640479342.png

In the end, I only ever planned to get it for the uncensored images.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. I'm curious to see what Inusuku's originals look like.

• Red Heart
Reactions: linylo
4.70 star(s) 85 Votes