joballs

Apr 12, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seriously guys, let's get over it and just be happy inusuku's work is going to have more visibility and potentially will become uncensored.

Reactions: RayBar

Tsuki.Akari

Jun 7, 2022
Seriously guys, let's get over it and just be happy inusuku's work is going to have more visibility and potentially will become uncensored.
I don't think a creator is happy that his game is treated like shit and the one's buying it are not gonna experience what Inusuku intended, just saying...

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
BIASED VOTE
on revealing our community to inusuku in a tweet roasting the mf's at kagura

Hey there
= I was here and I support either outcome
= +0 vote

Thinking Face
= let's not reveal our community, but go ahead and roast kagura's bad trailer
= negative vote

Angry
= let's waste those mf's for giving inusuku a bad deal, who cares if we have to risk a little.
= positive vote

I just jizzed my pants
= I'm braindead, kagura's trailer is lit af, and I would purchase the game with no hesitation if I saw that trailer on steam, with zero prior knowledge of inusuku.
= -0 vote

*long hover/long press emotes to see their name after hovering/pressing the like button.

Shadesishere gets 15 votes for
- translation (10)
- help with ongoing fffox mod (5)
- if the vote goes through:
do I have your permission to show translated images for a second, equivalent, full english trailer with your translations in example images.
- if the vote doesn't go through:
I will stick to japanese ver. gameplay footage and translated annotations like in kagura's trailer.

BlueFireNick gets 15 votes
- ongoing fffox mod

can I make an intial mod trailer showcasing the fffox mod features?

daseson gets 15 votes for
- ongoing color mod

can I make a second mod trailer showcasing some coloured scenes and the emotes, if inusuku shows a positive reaction to our modding community, that is.

mello.second gets 10 votes for
- finished decensor mod.

akapp gets 10 votes for
- new image mod.

can I make a third mod trailer showcasing some of your new cg and post it to twitter.

linylo gets 7 votes
- 1 for posting this
- 2 for mobile color mod port that should have been updated ages ago since daseson colored some new cg, but I'm terrible with procrastination if I don't force myself to keep a schedule. sorry 'bout dat folks.
- 4 for trailer creation.

every other community member gets 1 vote each.
The truth is I understand your anger, it is very ugly to see what they are doing with the game.

I have been following Inusuku for a while and I have seen that every time someone mentions something to him about modifying his games his responses have always been bad, so I highly doubt that if you add color images Inusuku will see them favorably.

In his post where he talked about the color for Fantasy he mentioned that coloring it at this time would degrade the art since all the images in the game were made to be monochrome. He also mentioned that if he had wanted to make the game in color, he would have done it in color from the beginning of its development.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea to put color images in your trailer, because if it happens that Inusuku doesn't like it and asks me to stop the development of the color mod and eliminate all traces of it. Out of admiration for his work, I would do it.

But as I mentioned in the color mod post, it would be selfish of me to tell you not to take the images since the images are not mine but Inusuku's, what I do is take them without permission from the author and color them.

So I have no right to tell them not to do the same thing that I have already done.

But well that would be my point of view, having said all that, you don't need my approval to take the color images, really anyone can do it, whether I agree or not is irrelevant, but you must take into account the risks that this would have.

Changing the subject, the truth is it's kind of sad to see what Kagura is doing with the game :(, I'm sure we're not the only ones who want to make Inusuku see the way they are degrading his game, I just hope he sees the comments objectively and consider the idea of looking for other alternatives to distribute your works in other countries.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
third and final reply to this particular message.

I will add the use of unused assets to my nitpicking kagura's trailer notes.

also omg, I never noticed the imouto in classroom cg when looking through the files before, that's so cute.

daseson
akapp
*looks over with pleading eyes.
"won't you please work together and give this imouto a (right) hand and color her sometime?"
"plz"
If Akapp redraws the scene, I would be more than happy to color it :3.

In that scene there is another image where Kasumi appears talking to the sister.

• Red Heart
Reactions: linylo

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
im sorry but you dont know what we are talking about when you just say "get over it" its more complex then that and can not simply be brushed off, if players play the kagura game version people will think inu is a shit game maker, and i want to believe that you want inu's game to be shown in the best light, if not, you politely dont type anymore and move on since you shown you wont help with this

RayBar

May 12, 2020
Please someone for the love of God,explain to me how having a slightly retarded font is going to unequivocally ruin the game:WaitWhat:

Didn't we all also play the game when it first dropped and shade managed to make a working translation for it in under 2 days,the translation at that time was nowhere near to what it is now,but we all still enjoyed it(atleast I did). Just being able to understand your choices and general lore was enough to appreciate the game.

If you guys want to experience truly vile translations then try reading something made by cypherscans xD
Edit:My experience with cypher is quite dated (2-3 months ago),so they might have improved(I sincerely hope they did).

Reactions: 6969420420

bdikkus

Dec 14, 2019
Very poor font choice aside, I don't really understand the drama either. The translation by Shadesishere -- while an appreciated hold over -- is barely readable. BlueFireNick's mod cleans up some of the more egregious parts, but even still it's quite awful overall. If nothing else, the previews seemed to at least show off something resembling the English language, which is a feat that the translation hosted here never achieved.

Reactions: Srtee1

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Raybar, allow me to answer some of what you have asked :

Kagura Games, a dedicated localisation company, have been known to steal translations, and when they haven't, have botched a lot of translations (either mistranslating, dumbing it down or like they have from these screenshots, using a horrible font and other misc. issues).
They are also quite well known for agreeing to translate something, then holding onto it for a long time (such as the case is here, look at how quickly I got both the original translation, and its subsequent updates, out to everyone here, while keeping people up-to-date with how it was going)

frankly, between the trailer and screenshots, I, and many here, have both concerns and a bit of annoyance at how they are treating this translation. (there is also admittedly a level of amusement that it is taking them this long to put out what looks like a potential half-assed job)

While I will never claim my translation is a professional work, I atleast took the time and effort to make sure the game was as close to what Inusuku intended, both in appearance and wording (and font :p)

It's been over a year since KG took on Imouto Fantasy as a project, and in that time we have : a lame trailer, in which actual footage of the game is still untranslated, and 2 screenshots showcasing a terrible font, a bad image edit (no transparency applied to status box) and a very weird space usage in the upper bar, also by taking State out of the status box, it now looks like "Guild Rep. Totally Obscure _ _ _ Amazing" which is just... urgh..).

and as bdikkus posted while I was typing this, showing off 2 screenshots, both only holding a single line of dialogue, doesn't inspire confidence considering what they did to the title of the game. also, cheers for calling my translation awful (also, first post in 5 years is this?).

Last edited:

bdikkus

Dec 14, 2019
While I will never claim my translation is a professional work, I atleast took the time and effort to make sure the game was as close to what Inusuku intended, both in appearance and wording (and font :p)

and as bdikkus posted while I was typing this, showing off 2 screenshots, both only holding a single line of dialogue, doesn't inspire confidence considering what they did to the title of the game. also, cheers for calling my translation awful (also, first post in 5 years is this?).
I don't disagree in regards to these points, your attention to detail insofar as the appearance is superior to their work, but the translation always left something to be desired. I can only speak for myself of course, but that's my opinion. And, yes, I'm a lurker. This will likely be the last post I make. Hopefully Kagura improves on the translation front, and from what I can tell it's more readable for my tastes, but, as you said, they haven't shown off enough to fully inspire confidence.

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
This is giving me mixed feelings. I'd buy it to support Inusuku and encourage him to release official EN translations, but I don't want to support what Kagura has cooked up so far.

Samoriba

Jul 6, 2017
Very poor font choice aside, I don't really understand the drama either. The translation by Shadesishere -- while an appreciated hold over -- is barely readable. BlueFireNick's mod cleans up some of the more egregious parts, but even still it's quite awful overall. If nothing else, the previews seemed to at least show off something resembling the English language, which is a feat that the translation hosted here never achieved.
I must have a coherence chip in my brain or something as I found Shade's translation quite good. Few phrases that would have needed context to understand. I'd probably prefer his translation over the 'official' one. Same happened with Imouto Monochrome; i honestly found the fan translation more clean and accurate than the steam english version.

Reactions: linylo and akapp

Nov 15, 2019
I must have a coherence chip in my brain or something as I found Shade's translation quite good. Few phrases that would have needed context to understand. I'd probably prefer his translation over the 'official' one. Same happened with Imouto Monochrome; i honestly found the fan translation more clean and accurate than the steam english version.
yea u probably got a coherence chip in there

4.70 star(s) 87 Votes