JJHey

Feb 9, 2019
I'm late to this party. This seems massive with all the comments and optional mods. I'm going to play through the first time without anything, but past that, what do people recommend? I'm sort of interested in the FFFox and Colour Mods, but knowing how buggy mods can be, I'm hesitant as fuck.

Reactions: leastdevotee

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
I'm late to this party. This seems massive with all the comments and optional mods. I'm going to play through the first time without anything, but past that, what do people recommend? I'm sort of interested in the FFFox and Colour Mods, but knowing how buggy mods can be, I'm hesitant as fuck.
I can't really recommend anything since I don't play with mods BUT I have kept up with FFFox and the additional scenes they added in are stuff I wished was in the OG game so I'll say go with that. As for colour, I say go without because imho that's how the game is supposed to be enjoyed but if you do I'm not really sure who's the better choice (wait, there are still 2 different people working on colour mod right? I could be getting that confused with translations).

mello.second

Jan 9, 2019
I recommend you play the game as it is without fffox mod first, most of the fffox mods are endgame content so you can enjoy it last. If you don't like the monochrome atmosphere you can try the color mod. Personally I can enjoy the game without colors because they give that manga-like feel.

If you ever stuck in your gameplay, try visiting the FAQ on the main page

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Colour mod's fine, FFFox mod is fine. Godly Brother can be problematic, it works but afaik there's no patch for it to work with FFFox mod with the DLC yet and it breaks the prone bone sex. I do like it but if I have to choose between it and FFFox mod then FFFox mod is winning every time.
Definitely recommend FFFox mod though. It adds quite a few scenes so you're actually missing content by playing without it, and you aren't missing anything by using it.

Roma_B

Jan 27, 2024
additional infofor phone user

If your phone is not SD/Adreno don't use winlator... winlator is heavily modded for SD/adreno
also if your phone is SDgen1 and so on, try Termux/box86/64 Exagear/winlator do support it
For any Mali/Exynos phone user go for a clean ver. & Exagear 3.x for stability + input bridge(its almoat impossible to look for clean ver so a bit modded is fine too)
Now you have exagear.. what's next?
Get
vc (visual C)x86 if yoir goin to play some VN this is a must get and wats more your in luck "VIsual c runtime all in one" is available... made for wine :cool:

directX you get can this installer, google search is your friend or if got basic mod exagear, wined3d should be available alternative DirectX(into the trash you go DX installer)

Last... SD/adreno are the only chip that can use turnip+Zinc(performance but unstable) or DXVX(directX + 3Dvulkan render avoid this if your only using exagear) ofc this also available to dimensity chip but you need to be sure of its vulkan support... yea SD is made trully for emulation :3
For mali/exynos make sure your phone is atleast comparable to SD650 for playing wolfRpg and if you want to play games like wings of roldea atleast comparable to SD855

Edit: forgot for mali/exynos use LLVMpipe,virGL & mesa20.x
Honesly i don't like virGL so i prefer LLVMPIPE OR MESA and the better your phone the nore VN you can play and don't forgwt to set locale to JP/EN
I'll try this later and report the results. I already ran Imperial Gatekeeper on of Winlator even with 3d Graphic Mode. Also I ran this game, Hizashi no Naka no Riaru [Mu Soft] and both works without Locale Emulator (Imouto_prpr version of Imouto Fantasy same). Didn't notice any difference in fps if set japanese locale.
Where can I find a thread about emulators? Don't want to rubbish here.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I can't really recommend anything since I don't play with mods BUT I have kept up with FFFox and the additional scenes they added in are stuff I wished was in the OG game so I'll say go with that. As for colour, I say go without because imho that's how the game is supposed to be enjoyed but if you do I'm not really sure who's the better choice (wait, there are still 2 different people working on colour mod right? I could be getting that confused with translations).
I'm not aware of an alternate color mod but there is definitely an alternate translation (did Nick also do an original TL for FFFox Mod as well?).

Reactions: DatWanGai

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
I'd play it stock first, then put FFFox once reaching endgame, just to differentiate what it adds from the base game - which does unlock its own new things as you progress in raising the imouto's stats.
As for the color mod, it's a matter of taste, really. I'd play without at first, but if you like it then absolutely go for it. Just note that the entire game isn't colored, to my knowledge - but I haven't kept up with Daseson's progress.
Godly brother isn't compatible with FFFox considering they both hit the event scripts, although I have no idea if it was updated for 2.00+DLC. If you need cheats, the cheat engine table is here somewhere and should still work with FFFox.

Daseson

Modder
Dec 30, 2020
It's a bit sad to see that almost no one likes the color mod... well I guess as they say "There are many colors for tastes" (hehe sounds ironic).

For my part, I advise that you install the FFFOX mod from the beginning since there are some scenes that occur as you progress in the story and if you install it at the end you would miss them, the truth is that in my opinion this mod is very well done, now that the decisions and scenes fit completely with the game's life simulation system, a job very well done.

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
It's a bit sad to see that almost no one likes the color mod... well I guess as they say "There are many colors for tastes" (hehe sounds ironic).
Coloring something that doesnt have colors will always be a hit or miss, not that you did a particulary bad job.

For most people here the lack of color doesnt demerit the game, so the addition of colors can either feel unnecessary, look like a bad job to them, or they could just end up liking it, since there are more unfavorable outcomes, so its somewhat natural it isnt as popular.

Though you shouldn't beat down yourself too much, your thread had plenty of traction either way :BootyTime:

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Excuse me, who the hell let you out of your cell? We don't avoid paying you so that you can make stupid as hell comments. Now get back in there and get to work.

Coloring something that doesnt have colors will always be a hit or miss, not that you did a particulary bad job.

For most people here the lack of color doesnt demerit the game, so the addition of colors can either feel unnecessary, look like a bad job to them, or they could just end up liking it, since there are more unfavorable outcomes, so its somewhat natural it isnt as popular.

Though you shouldn't beat down yourself too much, your thread had plenty of traction either way :BootyTime:
This. As I said to JJHey, monochrome is my preferred way to play because that's how it's meant to be played. Not that your coloring was bad (though in the beginning you did have a few, questionably bad color choices. Thank god you reversed those).
If you took the time and read the comments (here and on steam), a lot of people refer to your mod to new players and a lot of SS show lots of different people are using it. "almost no one likes the color mod" Boy, shut up.

winceptor

Jan 8, 2023

For my part, I advise that you install the FFFOX mod from the beginning since there are some scenes that occur as you progress in the story and if you install it at the end you would miss them, the truth is that in my opinion this mod is very well done, now that the decisions and scenes fit completely with the game's life simulation system, a job very well done.
I love your coloring work and i feel like it gives a lot of scene a lot more depth than without color. I suppose one part of it is consistency. Since color mod does not cover 100% of the game cg (at least yet afaik?) it clashes with original aesthetic.

I would honestly recommend playing just original game as is (with translation) and then play second time with mods you want. This is what i did and i would never complain about being able to experience it twice in a different flavor.

You are doing great work Daseson and you have done very good job at not just adding color but making some parts even more atmospheric and complete(?) feeling. Please dont beat yourself over this. Think of it like giving us opportunity to play another version of the game entirely.

People should not need to think about stuff like "is it better with or without color" because you can simply play both and appreciate them both as separate versions.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
It's a bit sad to see that almost no one likes the color mod...
Probably not the right way to take things, but as was mentioned, I think that the incompleteness does make it harder to recommend without hesitation. Personally, I find it difficult to tell someone, "you should try this, except yeah this part kind of sucks", because if the known deficiency is something that it turns out they very much care about, then you've ended up doing them a disservice. Even if you quite enjoy a thing, if there are plausible reasons you think that someone else might not enjoy it, it's harder to recommend the same way.

Honestly, that sort of feeling was not an insignificant part of why I made my own translation. This way instead of telling people that the game is great except for X Y and Z, I can just fix those issues and not have to worry about it. And if they still don't like it then I guess I just had the wrong read, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mario6714

Jun 22, 2020

About "almost no one likes the color mod" to be honest, no idea about the rest of the people, and about me, i like your mod.

JJHey

Feb 9, 2019

Holy shit, it's the mod author.

4.70 star(s) 91 Votes