RPGM Abandoned Local man is also working translating Knights Of Messiah [The Answer of Truth] vs 1.04

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
gears2260 well, i better upload a partial translation soon them. i dont want to let everyone empty handed, didnt they were working on this one too.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
game is fully translated on paper, im fixing some spacing errors so the text dont suddently cut cuz low space or bad spacing.
after that i will do a test run and share a "beta test link" so people can share some feedback.
beware of the machine translation, translating this game by myself line per line would have taken my soul back to Rome.

PS: i also have to be careful translating the common events, as there are some text that showns on menus, in any case i crash the game doing it, they would be unstranslated, as some other stuff in fear they would crash the game.

Last edited:

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
like i said before, the game is fully translated on paper, i tried to fix everything to upload something today....but that wasnt the case. i have to fix a couple of scripts problems that are causing the translation not been added into the game.

in any case someone knows how to help me. i basically added a text document with what the problem is.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
after a long while of trying to figure out whats going on with the game, i decided to try to translate a small one called:

, and the fast translation that i did was correctly and perfectly applied. im afffraid that the game, even when its completely translated on paper. i cant or i dont know how to solve the problem thats making this to happen. i will try to check on in later. meanwhile i will try to finish the translation of that game, just for testing. it wouldnt take more than 1 week. since work and stuffs. sorry everyone.

PS: the game Melia and the devils island is actually translated, the only thing is that the text isnt fixed, so it will cut at the end of the screen. but if someone want to check it out. just let me know to share a link meanthile im working on it.

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Don't have much experience with VXAce, but from the error message it'd guess that you're trying to write strings that are too long for a variable?
But it's hard to make out, especially since it refers to $game_variables when it should be $game_variable, afaik.
Maybe check what the variable 299 is called, and what you're using as translation?

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
Don't have much experience with VXAce, but from the error message it'd guess that you're trying to write strings that are too long for a variable?
But it's hard to make out, especially since it refers to $game_variables when it should be $game_variable, afaik.
Maybe check what the variable 299 is called, and what you're using as translation?
im using translator++, im one of the patreons.

maybe one of the scripts got translated with the patch and its making this problem, i will try to start again without trying to translate text thats supposed to be on the menus or skills to see what happen.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
im using translator++, im one of the patreons.

maybe one of the scripts got translated with the patch and its making this problem, i will try to start again without trying to translate text thats supposed to be on the menus or skills to see what happen.
Ah okay, never used that one.
Hm, does it give you any result at all or does it abort?

Because I think I see what's causing some of the problems.
The translator seems to be trying to translate the string "\n" which is used in the RPG maker dialogue to call a variable (a name). As a result, it's a string that cannot be translated. As a result, the called name will always be the japanese called name - but if the called name itself was, somewhere else, translated, the name will automatically be called in its translated form.

Error 1:
Code:
Error parsing Script base(\u5171\u901a\u30b9\u30af\u30ea\u30d7\u30c8): Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
No idea about this one.

Error 2:
Code:
Error parsing Script CAlt:\u30de\u30a6\u30b9\u64cd\u4f5c\u3092\u5f37\u5236\u9069\u7528: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Same here. I've got no idea what "heredoc" is supposed to be. I'd probably need to see the actual script that's being translated.

Error3:
Code:
Error parsing Script \u2605\u2605\u2605menu: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=2610, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Bracket']) # 66:2529; leaving untranslated
This is, I assume, where the original author calls the name via \N, which the program cannot translate.

Error 4:
Code:
Error parsing Script \u30dd\u30fc\u30ab\u30fc: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Same as Error 1 and 2. I'd be interesting to know what \u30dd\u30fc\u30ab\u30fc references.

Error 5:
Code:
Error parsing Script \u30c0\u30e1\u30fc\u30b8\u30a4\u30d9\u30f3\u30c8: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=19644, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Backtick']) # 532:19564; leaving untranslated
Same as error 3, except this seems to use a custom variable call in dialogue.

Error 6:
Code:
%  Error parsing inline script: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=33, ruleStack=['Base', 'DoubleQuote']) # 1:2; script not translated. Script $game_variables[299] = \u30b2\u30a4\u30b9\u306e\u90e8\u4e0b\uff2e"
Same as 3 and 5, though I'm wondering why it's using a different ruleStack, even though the string itself seems to be identical to error 3. I'd need to know more about ruleStack and what it exactly is.
I also don't know why in this instance game variables are specifically referenced and why it uses the plural.
Can you maybe identify what the original text was, before the translation attempt was made?

Error 7:
Code:
%  Error parsing inline script: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=33, ruleStack=['Base', 'DoubleQuote']) # 1:2; script not translated. Script $game_variables[299] = \u30b2\u30a4\u30b9\u306e\u90e8\u4e0b\uff2e"
Same as 3,5 and 6. Pretty much identical to Error 6.

Maybe try to find the original source code of the problematic lines - some of these may not be a problem if they're untranslated.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
Ah okay, never used that one.
Hm, does it give you any result at all or does it abort?

Because I think I see what's causing some of the problems.
The translator seems to be trying to translate the string "\n" which is used in the RPG maker dialogue to call a variable (a name). As a result, it's a string that cannot be translated. As a result, the called name will always be the japanese called name - but if the called name itself was, somewhere else, translated, the name will automatically be called in its translated form.

Error 1:
Code:
Error parsing Script base(\u5171\u901a\u30b9\u30af\u30ea\u30d7\u30c8): Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
No idea about this one.

Error 2:
Code:
Error parsing Script CAlt:\u30de\u30a6\u30b9\u64cd\u4f5c\u3092\u5f37\u5236\u9069\u7528: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Same here. I've got no idea what "heredoc" is supposed to be. I'd probably need to see the actual script that's being translated.

Error3:
Code:
Error parsing Script \u2605\u2605\u2605menu: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=2610, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Bracket']) # 66:2529; leaving untranslated
This is, I assume, where the original author calls the name via \N, which the program cannot translate.

Error 4:
Code:
Error parsing Script \u30dd\u30fc\u30ab\u30fc: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Same as Error 1 and 2. I'd be interesting to know what \u30dd\u30fc\u30ab\u30fc references.

Error 5:
Code:
Error parsing Script \u30c0\u30e1\u30fc\u30b8\u30a4\u30d9\u30f3\u30c8: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=19644, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Backtick']) # 532:19564; leaving untranslated
Same as error 3, except this seems to use a custom variable call in dialogue.

Error 6:
Code:
Same as 3 and 5, though I'm wondering why it's using a different ruleStack, even though the string itself seems to be identical to error 3. I'd need to know more about ruleStack and what it exactly is.
I also don't know why in this instance game variables are specifically referenced and why it uses the plural.
Can you maybe identify what the original text was, before the translation attempt was made?

Error 7:
Code:
Same as 3,5 and 6. Pretty much identical to Error 6.

Maybe try to find the original source code of the problematic lines - some of these may not be a problem if they're untranslated.
the translator gave me the files that i have to replace with the ones on the game files to apply the translation. its really easy, just replacing the data's. but after doing that and trying to test the game, it let to not translating anything. menus, dialogs and options. i will check the variables to make sure everything is in order when i have time. THB most of the week i past all the day at work/college, so working on this game is like i said a hobby or so. but i appreciate your help. i will let you know if i made some sort of progress~

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
the process after translating a game is so easy that i was shocked that the translation didnt work when i tried to applied it to the game. than after i while i decided to translate a small game that i have on my "to do" folder. and it work as expected. trans.png

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
Translator++ works perfectly with RPGMakerMV games. However I never managed to translate a VX Ace game with it.. Always some kind of errors...
Might have something to do with me being a noob though