RPGM Abandoned Local man is also working translating Knights Of Messiah [The Answer of Truth] vs 1.04

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
its been a while since my last update, so far i have only got a little raise on my payment at my job and more work to do :), on the other hand, after a while trying to figure out what was causing the game to not been translated...i might run into a little detail.

trying to create the files without any translation gives me the same problem:

rror parsing Script base(\u5171\u901a\u30b9\u30af\u30ea\u30d7\u30c8): Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script CAlt:\u30de\u30a6\u30b9\u64cd\u4f5c\u3092\u5f37\u5236\u9069\u7528: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script \u2605\u2605\u2605menu: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=2610, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Bracket']) # 66:2529; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script \u30dd\u30fc\u30ab\u30fc: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script \u30c0\u30e1\u30fc\u30b8\u30a4\u30d9\u30f3\u30c8: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=19644, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Backtick']) # 532:19564; leaving untranslated

what let me to believe 2 things.

this game is too big to be translated, or the game vs i was provided with is broken/damage.

or the program im using is having a really hard time trying to put everything together. theres another way to translate the game, but it will be kinda messy.

Reactions: mattsan

KiraMantis

Jun 27, 2019
its been a while since my last update, so far i have only got a little raise on my payment at my job and more work to do :), on the other hand, after a while trying to figure out what was causing the game to not been translated...i might run into a little detail.

trying to create the files without any translation gives me the same problem:

rror parsing Script base(\u5171\u901a\u30b9\u30af\u30ea\u30d7\u30c8): Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script CAlt:\u30de\u30a6\u30b9\u64cd\u4f5c\u3092\u5f37\u5236\u9069\u7528: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script \u2605\u2605\u2605menu: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=2610, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Bracket']) # 66:2529; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script \u30dd\u30fc\u30ab\u30fc: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script \u30c0\u30e1\u30fc\u30b8\u30a4\u30d9\u30f3\u30c8: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=19644, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Backtick']) # 532:19564; leaving untranslated

what let me to believe 2 things.

this game is too big to be translated, or the game vs i was provided with is broken/damage.

or the program im using is having a really hard time trying to put everything together. theres another way to translate the game, but it will be kinda messy.
brother do what ever it takes, this is the only good ntr game worth right now.

Reactions: ViktorReznov

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
i was thinking in to say what happened to me at work when it happenend, but i think i should say it right now.

friday at work, i suffer a little accident at work, basically a small piece of metal flew into my eye, and at the hospital the doctor did a small mistake and scratch my eye with a needle (that he was using to take the thing oout of my eye.)

i have been working on it but not by much sadly.

Reactions: undef1ned

KiraMantis

Jun 27, 2019
i was thinking in to say what happened to me at work when it happenend, but i think i should say it right now.

friday at work, i suffer a little accident at work, basically a small piece of metal flew into my eye, and at the hospital the doctor did a small mistake and scratch my eye with a needle (that he was using to take the thing oout of my eye.)

i have been working on it but not by much sadly.
omg brother. take it easy then, your health is more important than a bunch of horny dudes. hahaha i mean i would love to see this game translated since its my number one game riight now, but your health is also important. take care brother.

Reactions: mattsan
Oct 26, 2017
omg brother. take it easy then, your health is more important than a bunch of horny dudes. hahaha i mean i would love to see this game translated since its my number one game riight now, but your health is also important. take care brother.
You're right, take care and get better

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
the easy way was not possible, im basically using sticks and stones to trasnlate it right now, i will try to give more info this weekend if possible, im starting to take linger shifts at my job since they are starting to sell mode than bfore.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
ok, i took today free and after a while of work i encountered this.

Script '* エセフルスクリーン' line 102: Encoding::UndefinedConversionError occurred. U+0192 to Shift_JIS in conversion from UTF-8 to Shift_JIS

the script it says looks like this: GAME_TITLE = load_data("Data/System.rvdata2").game_title.encode('SHIFT_JIS')

and i have no idea why after some changes this is happening. im looking online for some information but so far i dont know what to do or if i should continue cracking this broken egg of a game :HideThePain:

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
I use 2 methods to translate the game:

Translator++, im a patreoner of the guy who made that, and so far i love that program. but the program itself refuse to translate this game for many reasons.

2: is basically translate the game directly from RPG maker, changing every text and menus directly from the game itself.

both methos can be say in theory are translated, but the game refuse for some magical reason to run after those changes as been applied, i already kind of translated a game just to try to see if my methods work. And they did. Havent not upload it to the page since its a rought translation with the worse machine translation someone has ever seem.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I use 2 methods to translate the game:

Translator++, im a patreoner of the guy who made that, and so far i love that program. but the program itself refuse to translate this game for many reasons.

2: is basically translate the game directly from RPG maker, changing every text and menus directly from the game itself.

both methos can be say in theory are translated, but the game refuse for some magical reason to run after those changes as been applied, i already kind of translated a game just to try to see if my methods work. And they did. Havent not upload it to the page since its a rought translation with the worse machine translation someone has ever seem.
out of curiosity are you translating the scripting files? If you go in and remove the translation for that line what happens? In my experience trying to translate script in these games causes errors because it is trying to make calls from other files outside the .json files you translate. If this happens when the json or other file makes the call it looks for the matching script which since its translated no longer is matching. I would say first try changing the scripts back to Japanese and see what happens. Odds are leaving them untranslated won't hurt.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
I would say first try changing the scripts back to Japanese and see what happens. Odds are leaving them untranslated won't hurt.
as for now, i wasnt translating the scripts, i was translating the Database of the game, did the actors and the skills and wanted to do a test try to see if it did the translation, and i cant reverse those text back to Japanese. as what i did was replace the text that was there with a roughtly translation on what they would be on english using machine translation and myself to make them more understandable.