Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
This isn’t a nag and there isn’t anything wrong with wanting to engross yourself in someone’s catalog.

Vlad is not comfortable sharing it and neither is Silke. It is what it is, yah know.

I’m happy to talk about bottlenecks and my conjecture on the goings on.

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
I am not a subscriber so I don't have all the details, but I went to their blog site ( ) and pulled the dates of posts and dates of the builds and put it into excel.

The y-axis is number of posts to their blog within that month. I tried to include the Build dates from the blog posts but it wasn't obvious from the posts so I might have some data wrong in there. Feel free to let me know.
1663252286132.png

I want to point out that on the blog, they often claim how they are going to do better with communication and post bi-weekly but it seems like they stopped caring in 2021. Idk about their patreon posts. I assume they get a lot more updates. I was curious about making this because 2021 seemed pretty dry of info and it took like 10 minutes to make.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
This isn’t a nag and there isn’t anything wrong with wanting to engross yourself in someone’s catalog.

Vlad is not comfortable sharing it and neither is Silke. It is what it is, yah know.

I’m happy to talk about bottlenecks and my conjecture on the goings on.
All the best for both of 'em, I guess. Too bad I can't read their works... would be nice, but it is what it is.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I want to point out that on the blog, they often claim how they are going to do better with communication and post bi-weekly but it seems like they stopped caring in 2021. Idk about their patreon posts. I assume they get a lot more updates. I was curious about making this because 2021 seemed pretty dry of info and it took like 10 minutes to make.
I agree, 2021 was super dry. But the website being updated is outside my control. Since July, the posts have been made here.

It isn’t a perfect solution. But it’s the best way to cover the bases.

August was 2 posts
September has 1 so far

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
I am not a subscriber so I don't have all the details, but I went to their blog site ( ) and pulled the dates of posts and dates of the builds and put it into excel.

The y-axis is number of posts to their blog within that month. I tried to include the Build dates from the blog posts but it wasn't obvious from the posts so I might have some data wrong in there. Feel free to let me know.
View attachment 2045198

I'm not a defender or anything of them but...

The reason why there was no movement at that time, is that the geniuses (with all due respect and not as much as offense) came up with the following or happened at the end like this (plus, a quick summary of what step):

1. Because the game engine the work of the previous project was a mess, that in order to update regularly (because from what I understand, every time they add a new element to the game, this breaks everything previously done, like if it was about improving/porting from an unreal engine 3 to a 5) they decided to cancel the previous project in said engine and start from scratch in a new one that was more accessible, all obviously asking for the consent of the patreons that support the project, to which they gave the green light.

2. The geniuses to prevent people from having to wait years to get content back to version 0.8 of the previous project, they started working everything in 3D-2D models (more 3D) so that it would be easy to work and quickly reach v0.8 of the previous project.

3. Important point, instead of trying to defend why it was necessary to work in 3D-2D, when they received the first complaints that arose from the change from pure 2D to that style, they decided to open a vote for the people of patreon to decide whether to stick with their idea or continue with the classic style, result: everyone voted for pure 2D.

4. The results made the work that they had already advanced in 3D literally go down the toilet and they had to start "again" to start from scratch, although and apparently fortunately, they managed to get hold of talented people who helped them to recover some of the work from the previous project and with that, starting from having to redesign and animate each element, they managed to avoid having to start completely from scratch.

5. But the result in the end, meant that the "visible" work was null for so long, which made people even more angry and therefore, to avoid losing their followers, they finally imposed their authority as the creators and they did the following:

*1, while they would respect the wishes of the patreon community for a 2D game, they would semi-implement their idea of 2D-3D in that, several of the future H-events to come would be animation that loads rather than made in-game scenes, this in order to avoid taking longer and thus be able to plan for a minimum of 1 year or a maximum of 2 years, finish with the first part of the game, being and only, depending on how people accept or are in that point when the option to "ask" how much in-game content and animation people want could be reopened, but only until then would it be done, while the focus is already moving on from the point of v0.8 in terms of content.

*2 What we can all see recently, they only with certain "faithful" or close followers, they answer questions that arise about recent updates and to prevent "those who aren´t so faithful" even if they are part of the patreon, from arriving to generate criticism or "problems", they cut all evidence or content until it is already released, example: after a certain point, Pikant and Kuja stopped reuploading their art or design streams and delete them as soon as the steam ends so that no one but their followers can see what they´re working on and since the medium through which they transmit doesn´t indicate when the last time of transmission was, easily, there may be more times than on patreon they report on when it is a stream.

Anyway, also as indicated in your graph, it seems that it has worked for them, they have managed to get more "content" but the bad thing is that now we´re completely subjected (both those who support it and not) to what they want to create.

Flying Monkey

Feb 12, 2018
I waited a while to try the new version of this game. Was sad they abandoned previous iteration but hopefully they had grander things in mind. Wish i could say i was enjoying this version but ive spent the better part of an hour just running around unnecessarily long zones without any kind of assistance from a quest tracker. i can appreciate if the developers wanted these large zones for a reason and gave the character stamina to slow travel speed but without any kind of quality of life for completing quest it seems like a waste of time. I'd like to say im pretty good at games but this shit is just confusing and frustrating and i would like to enjoy the game but it seems quite pointless.

I Barely talked to Meiri after talking to chieftan and i did find some work with the smith and picked up a lot of twigs but the quest log still says find work and Meiri has no more dialogue options after she told me to find work, and twigs. Any help here would be nice.

Reactions: stickitinher22

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
2 What we can all see recently, they only with certain "faithful" or close followers, they answer questions that arise about recent updates and to prevent "those who aren´t so faithful" even if they are part of the patreon, from arriving to generate criticism or "problems"
Where do you see this? I need to fix that asap. Please let me know.

they cut all evidence or content until it is already released, example: after a certain point, Pikant and Kuja stopped reuploading their art or design streams and delete them as soon as the steam ends so that no one but their followers can see what they´re working on and since the medium through which they transmit doesn´t indicate when the last time of transmission was, easily, there may be more times than on patreon they report on when it is a stream.
Unfortunately it’s been months since Pikant has last streamed. It stinks since it’s a great way to watch and contribute to progress. I hope Pikant has more time in the future, but it’s not possible now.

Kuja recently returned to streaming. I’ll ask him if there is a reason why his streams are not being saved. Though Picarto only allows 12 streams to be saved at a time.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I Barely talked to Meiri after talking to chieftan and i did find some work with the smith and picked up a lot of twigs but the quest log still says find work and Meiri has no more dialogue options after she told me to find work, and twigs. Any help here would be nice.
The only thing you haven’t done is Vanlen’s Minigame. (You talk to Vanlen a few times asking for work. And then you can start playing the minigame. You have to fail 3 times to get the scene) Though it has missing and misaligned scenes. Everything is still pretty disjointed and unfinished.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Where do you see this? I need to fix that asap. Please let me know.

Unfortunately it’s been months since Pikant has last streamed. It stinks since it’s a great way to watch and contribute to progress. I hope Pikant has more time in the future, but it’s not possible now.

Kuja recently returned to streaming. I’ll ask him if there is a reason why his streams are not being saved. Though Picarto only allows 12 streams to be saved at a time.

Well, from that subpoint they go hand in hand very nicely since Kuja stopped reuploading the streams since January of last year, after everything was need reworked again to return to pure 2D and the great controversy arose due to "when the community could see work done and not said" (although it was the patreon's decision to change the style) and on the communication side,
well simple... when in the discord we say "X" person I ask I don't know which of them on the subject of when we would see more explicit sexual content, because they simply responded to X almost with a "soon", while to another let's say "Y" they responded to him in a more "complete" way and from that as far as I can understand, a few more cases, although I also tell you, that was or happened during the time of chaos due to the planned change from 3D to 2D again.

But... and again, if they already applied it once, although "now" it is no longer like that, there will always be the question/thorn of whether they will apply it again.

But at this point, reaching the end and finally having a Lok game that follows the old style "finally" is more than enough.

Only, I just hope that it won't take long to reach points/scenes where we leave aside the K with the lizard, because yes... it gives to see good things like a K scene with priestess clothes but since there will be no meter or possibility of pregnancy, except for a "bad ending" then, as we already have many scenes half done or made from the previous project and from other projects, I hope to see more "exotic" things, as an example it would be scenes with other species such as snake men or as it happened in the projects/works of gorepete, with more "crazy and exotic" things.

Blazenfox55

May 3, 2017
on the ship how do you get to the hanger floor and also can i get a walkthrough for the game please and thank you????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
on the ship how do you get to the hanger floor and also can i get a walkthrough for the game please and thank you
The hanger is not in the game yet. The Walkthrough is skip ahead to village from the computer in Kay’s room. After you play the chieftain dialogue you can play Vanlen’s Minigame (Iirc you have to ask for work to Vanlen 3 times). That’s really about it, besides some sporadic dialogue with Sek, Eri, Kantir, Keakrix, and Neimiri.

and also how do you fast travel in the game???
You cannot yet

Tank1

Sep 25, 2017
I would like to share some feedback from the recent post/roadmap. This game has amazing potential and that roadmap shows it, but honestly I am un-mistakenly here for the adult content. I like a little "other" content/gameplay to build tension for the adult content, but the lion share of the time I want to focus on the adult stuff. Reading the adult content to come excites me for the future of the game, the "ever increasingly difficult" minigame 100% kills that excitement. I would more then happily consider supporting the game again IF the dev's create a cheat, a skip or some mechanic to skip the mini games. The original road map talked of a toggle to turn off adult content, please, please give us something to skip the non adult content/mini games. Making such content optional is only a win for everyone, those that wanna play a game can and those seeking adult content can skip. Everyone wins.

Reactions: Kraz4life

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I don't understand you. On Steam you have cheaper games without adult content. If you then want to indulge yourself, there will always be some adult mods. If you expect to see the finished roadmap, sit back and wait. This way they win and you lose.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
IF the dev's create a cheat, a skip or some mechanic to skip the mini games. The original road map talked of a toggle to turn off adult content, please, please give us something to skip the non adult content/mini games. Making such content optional is only a win for everyone, those that wanna play a game can and those seeking adult content can skip. Everyone wins.
So let’s take the Vanlen Minigame for example. (It’s a bad example because the scenes are missing, but the dialogue is there, so hope it works) How would you like to see your idea implemented? Because the scene/dialogue would change depending on the number of successes or fails. It doesn’t seem like a toggle button would help because of the if/then questions.

Tank1

Sep 25, 2017
There would be multiple ways to do it, but a simple way would have a conversation option before the mini game showing the following options. 1) proceed ( continue to the mini game as nothing happened), 2) Cheat option 1 (skip mini game and go to fail), 3) cheat option 2 (skip mini game and go to pass). The user can pick 1 2 or 3 based on what they want, this allows those that want to game to game and those that want adult content to skip the mini game. The system would still record the pass fail the same, you just skip the mini game or play it based on your choice.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Just out of curiosity... this means there aren't progression adult scenes yet? Not even in the form of an animated CG integrated into the event?
Correct, the adult scenes are still exclusive to the gallery and the CG’s that have been made lack their story context.

Vanlen’s scenes should have been done. But they’re only getting the TLC they needed now.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes