Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Yup, saw it in the fetish list on the discord, I believe it happens when you lose a battle, and there may be other instances too.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Yup, saw it in the fetish list on the discord, I believe it happens when you lose a battle, and there may be other instances too.
Yeah, but Patreon no longer allows that kind of content. That's going to be a roadblock unless you guys move platforms.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
I don't remember if you guys already addressed it, but are you still planning to have non-con scenes in the game since Patreon is cracking down on "sexual violence"?
Will it be proper non-con stuff with K looking visibly uncomfortable/annoyed, or the token surprise-sex stuff complete with blushing and gape-face?

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Yeah, but Patreon no longer allows that kind of content. That's going to be a roadblock unless you guys move platforms.
Will it be proper non-con stuff with K looking visibly uncomfortable/annoyed, or the token surprise-sex stuff complete with blushing and gape-face?
We'll be keeping it separate from Patreon and see what we can do in that regard. We could argue that the player and thus the character wants it, therefore it isn't noncon. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about that right now.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Just subscriberstar bro/sis and gg hf.

also i change my mind about this game version. maybe the curse shall not do the black eye curse on this one lol! best of lucks and the picarto streams really are helping out to check the making of the stuff and how krystal will engage on a lot of decisions to stay PURE or Corrupted.

Reactions: Pikant

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Just subscriberstar bro/sis and gg hf.

also i change my mind about this game version. maybe the curse shall not do the black eye curse on this one lol! best of lucks and the picarto streams really are helping out to check the making of the stuff and how krystal will engage on a lot of decisions to stay PURE or Corrupted.
That's not that simple... With the increased number of devs this project needs quite a few people supporting it to continue to go on. Currently there are almost 2000 patrons supporting it. There is absolutely no guarantee that they could get that amount of support on Subscribestar. Which could quickly mean a dramatic slow down in development speed, or even the death of the project.

NeverKnow

Dec 21, 2017
We'll try to post weekly updates (or bi-weekly, for now we'll try weekly) of what the team has completed (we think on Mondays) as patreon posts.
Excellent. I think that's the best way to show all the subscribers what work have you done, and what are they paying for. I was going to suggest weekly updates for a long time, but never did :whistle:.
Also, like the idea of adding v0.8-style skin, cause i'm not fond of new krystal, and this opinion will probably be 50\50 between all the players.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
We'll be keeping it separate from Patreon and see what we can do in that regard. We could argue that the player and thus the character wants it, therefore it isn't noncon. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about that right now.
Have you thought about having a 'personality' as part of the character customisation, like LornaRPG?

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Aaah that makes me so happy :D thanks for checking out the streams! I try to stream every day (except weekends) for at least a couple of hours! And yeah the fact that it's possible to do purer or more corrupt runs is super interesting! PErsonally I was drawn to the project because of the pretty art of the remake, but the fact that there's so much to do outside of steamy stuff is also satisfying from an animator point of view! (I also can't wait for minigames! XD those are gonna be fun!)

That's not that simple... With the increased number of devs this project needs quite a few people supporting it to continue to go on. Currently there are almost 2000 patrons supporting it. There is absolutely no guarantee that they could get that amount of support on Subscribestar. Which could quickly mean a dramatic slow down in development speed, or even the death of the project.
Heh, if we keep the current way on patreon, it should be good hopefully. We're also working on ways to keep you informed on the other content without passing through patreon, such as the website and newsletter. (and this forum, the discord, the streams and trello)

Excellent. I think that's the best way to show all the subscribers what work have you done, and what are they paying for. I was going to suggest weekly updates for a long time, but never did :whistle:.
Also, like the idea of adding v0.8-style skin, cause i'm not fond of new krystal, and this opinion will probably be 50\50 between all the players.
I'm happy to see positive feedback about this decision! We already have a draft for the Monday post, we managed to do lots this week! (so lucky both Kuja and Archie were extremely quick so that unblocked lots of stuff for me to work on!

Here's a lizardman dickpic gif as thanks:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like both skins! The new color is super nice, but the old one is also cool, and I prefer the old hair. Plus her clothes are interesting in both versions. Customization was planned from the beginning, so why not :D

Have you thought about having a 'personality' as part of the character customisation, like LornaRPG?
If by her personality you mean the way she behaves in reaction to what happens to her and the available options, lust mechanics are going to be added soon, which should concern exactly this, modifying her reactions and the options available over time depending on the player choices.
(I don't know LornaRPG btw, I'm sorry!)
But I'm sure Vlad can answer this better than me!

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
She'll have multiple dialogue options for most choices. Think of it like KOTOR. It won't be massive, but it'll make a difference in your playthrough. But otherwise she has one personality.

Reactions: Mad_S

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
If you guys are going for a more wester rpg style, have you ever checked on Price for Freedom: Avarice? It's an rpg based on old CRPGs like Bauldur's Gate, with some sex scenes in between. It's honestly the best eroge I've ever seen. If you guys don't know about this game, I think it's worth cheking it out, so you can get some inspiration or the sorts. They always have public builds, so no need to pay a patreon or pirate it to check it. A game like that with the LOK:R scenario that you guys done in the first project would be very cool tbh.

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
If you guys are going for a more wester rpg style, have you ever checked on Price for Freedom: Avarice? It's an rpg based on old CRPGs like Bauldur's Gate, with some sex scenes in between. It's honestly the best eroge I've ever seen. If you guys don't know about this game, I think it's worth cheking it out, so you can get some inspiration or the sorts. They always have public builds, so no need to pay a patreon or pirate it to check it. A game like that with the LOK:R scenario that you guys done in the first project would be very cool tbh.
Actually some LOK: Rebirth devs know Price for Freedom, and Valaska (main writer of Price for Freedom) played LOK: Rebirth 0.8 and is pretty active on the LOK: Rebirth discord server, and I believe they discuss quite regularly.

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
The public Monday post is up!
I wanted to copy paste it, but it's kinda long, so here's the link:

Also yup, Valaska is in our servers too, helping us out with some things, and the meme exchange is also strong. We were thinking to do cameos in both games at some point!

As always, thanks for reading and for any feedback you may want to give us, and I hope to bring more progress next Monday! :D

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
The public Monday post is up!
I wanted to copy paste it, but it's kinda long, so here's the link:

Also yup, Valaska is in our servers too, helping us out with some things, and the meme exchange is also strong. We were thinking to do cameos in both games at some point!

As always, thanks for reading and for any feedback you may want to give us, and I hope to bring more progress next Monday! :D
Judging from that Streamable link, this is already shaping up to look worlds better than the 3D implementation.

Reactions: Darkestjuni

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Judging from that Streamable link, this is already shaping up to look worlds better than the 3D implementation.
I agree, Kuja is doing a fantastic job on the backgrounds! the 3D would have been super nice, too bad we didn't have enough time to explore it properly and give it justice, but perhaps it was meant to be this way :)

Is this that AAA programmer MightyAltroll was talking about earlier, or some other guy?
James is a fantastic programmer, but don't worry, our AAA programmer Gizmo is still with us!

Also, the patch for the sex animations is live and public on Patreon now, so all 4 scenes are in! please refer to the trello for some common bugs that were found that we'll exterminate in the new version. All in all I hope you'll find the sequences interesting. We'll also make the transitions loop instead of freezing and we'd like to separate the talking animations from the main movement so that it can happen when text is on screen. Well, aside from that, have fun! :D

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't remember a James on the team. Now this could be because I never visit the streams, or perhaps I never saw them on discord (different handle perhaps?)

• We are also starting to define the main aspects of combat, which will be the next main focus after the village.
I've never played KOTOR, but it's said that the combat will be modeled after this. Excited to see the outcome, cool knowing it's going to be on the burner after the village.

Jun 10, 2018
this version is technically abandoned now thankfully didnt really enjoy the 3d aspect as the tech demo mostly reminded me of super mario 3d land level design definitely felt like a platformer with the platformer parts

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't remember a James on the team. Now this could be because I never visit the streams, or perhaps I never saw them on discord (different handle perhaps?)

I've never played KOTOR, but it's said that the combat will be modeled after this. Excited to see the outcome, cool knowing it's going to be on the burner after the village.
Yeah James was just in our internal dev discord, and he only worked with us as a second job. He helped a lot with the Spine integration in Unity! But let's hope our new team addition will be as good!

this version is technically abandoned now thankfully didnt really enjoy the 3d aspect as the tech demo mostly reminded me of super mario 3d land level design definitely felt like a platformer with the platformer parts
Oh I guess it is in a sense? I mean it was just a tech demo, and now we're working on the actual game. Should a new page be made when the new version is out? I know too little about this forum yet D:

Anyway, I started the idles for the male razorclaws!! And the generic male rigs are almost ready for every direction! (so we did a more than what was planned with the 3/4 direction only!)

Reactions: SpookySociety6

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Oh I guess it is in a sense? I mean it was just a tech demo, and now we're working on the actual game. Should a new page be made when the new version is out? I know too little about this forum yet D:
If you plan to give regular updates here, you may want to create a new topic so you can edit the original post.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes