Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
damn, a lot of protein. And is that fiber I see?
Yeah James was just in our internal dev discord, and he only worked with us as a second job. He helped a lot with the Spine integration in Unity! But let's hope our new team addition will be as good!
I could never get into the coding stuff. I tried. I attempted. I got a circle to go right when pressing the right arrow key. Freaking...even something as simple as that was enough to make me pull out my hair. So kudos to James for helping integrate code and all that jazz, that could only have made the process faster.

Reactions: Pikant

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Mph ... I have a question.
So this post will be used to inform how the project is going, but will it not update with future versions of the game open to the public?

I say this because it has been a while since the last update was released and the current one is only for a certain level of patreon.

Beforehand, I make it clear that I am saying this because I do not know with certainty the current status of the project and whether one or the other is the case, the only thing I hope is that it still continues to continue its production, since someone has to break with it cycle that has this series of projects and between the two that exist today, I like this one more, although ... personally ... I do not like that certain types of genre are not going to be implemented in it.

Without anything to mention, I am retiring for now.

Reactions: dragonsix6969
Jun 10, 2018
So this post will be used to inform how the project is going, but will it not update with future versions of the game open to the public?

I say this because it has been a while since the last update was released and the current one is only for a certain level of patreon.

Beforehand, I make it clear that I am saying this because I do not know with certainty the current status of the project and whether one or the other is the case, the only thing I hope is that it still continues to continue its production, since someone has to break with it cycle that has this series of projects and between the two that exist today, I like this one more, although ... personally ... I do not like that certain types of genre are not going to be implemented in it.

"Hi all, an important update we'd like to inform you about, due to community feedback and the time it was taking to make 3D environments, we've decided to go back to the old 2D environments"

''The 3D environments had a ton of potential, and honestly if we had more time we could have made them work with the 2D characters, but the community found them divisive. Some people loved them, others hated them. So we've gone back to 2D backgrounds like 0.8''

theres the answer the 3d one is no longer gonna be worked on
this one is however it has the abandoned tag
https://f95zone.to/threads/legend-of-krystal-rebirth-v0-8-lok-team.3783/

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
"Hi all, an important update we'd like to inform you about, due to community feedback and the time it was taking to make 3D environments, we've decided to go back to the old 2D environments"

''The 3D environments had a ton of potential, and honestly if we had more time we could have made them work with the 2D characters, but the community found them divisive. Some people loved them, others hated them. So we've gone back to 2D backgrounds like 0.8''

I see, well as for the style it does not matter to me. Whether 3d or 2d, as long as the art is good and above all, the story (within what is to be expected for something of this type), for my part, I have nothing to complain about.

Jun 10, 2018
hope this one won't get abanndoned again, it would be such a shame... sad sad
this version is abandoned the other 0.8 version still has the abandoned tag since there hasnt been a "real" update however the devs said they were going to go back to 2d backgrounds like in the 0.8 version and until version 0.9 releases the other thread will have the abandoned tag

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
lok rebirth original forum this is the original thread Working on getting the abandoned tag removed id suggest making post there as its still has frequent visitors and I know alot of supporters also came from there
Oh perhaps I should make a post there that redirects here, hmm.

Well, I do not control the source post, but if you download the launcher from patreon, every new version gets public after two weeks, and you can get the new version directly from the launcher without having to manually search and download for it! :D

The last patch with the sex scenes I worked on just got public this week, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
And sure! we're seeing a rise in patrons, so as long as this trend keeps going we're definitely not shutting the project down! I just finished drafting the Monday post, and it was another extremely intense and productive week. I did 24% of the male idles that we planned last week, plus the male razorclaw rigs are complete and we're starting to add the skins unique to a character. Progress is steady! If we have more budget we may get more work hours or even additional people to work on it, which would be a pretty nice boost.

Did you see the list on discord? We plan to release certain patches to make more people happy, so there's that.

So, 0.8 had different art, code base, and part of the team. It seems fair to mark it as abandoned as it's very different from this release which was restarted from scratch. We tried 3D, we're goign back to a 2D approach, yup.

I see, well as for the style it does not matter to me. Whether 3d or 2d, as long as the art is good and above all, the story (within what is to be expected for something of this type), for my part, I have nothing to complain about.
Agreed! I found the dialogues incredibly funny XD I have high hopes in Vlad's work :D

hope this one won't get abanndoned again, it would be such a shame... sad sad
Not gonna happen! (and we can only thank the patrons for this! thank you!) as long as people are gonna support, we will keep the production up!

this version is abandoned the other 0.8 version still has the abandoned tag since there hasnt been a "real" update however the devs said they were going to go back to 2d backgrounds like in the 0.8 version and until version 0.9 releases the other thread will have the abandoned tag
Hey, this version is not abandoned, all the contrary! Check the patreon updates, the trello in my signature, or picarto to see the amount of activity! :D Me and Archie stream basically every day!

There's over 50 hours that was dedicated to make those sweet sweet sex scenes just in the past month, the patch update is still an update that includes tons of work for them, give it a try!
Hurts a little that it's not considered a real update, but that's ok, in any case this month's team efforts will be more visible in the end, and not focused on two scenes only :D

Last edited:

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
It's not the height of the hammer that bothers me, it's that the blade and hilt are both on the anvil. In most cases, that would create enough of an angle to bend the blade when you hammer it. Kills the immersion, you know.

Nolo100

Jul 4, 2019
for some reason... scenes are bugged in a way? there is no animation, there is just a stuck picture with animation's text going

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
for some reason... scenes are bugged in a way? there is no animation, there is just a stuck picture with animation's text going
Because the animations were unfinished at the time. Keep in mind the demo isn't indicative of the game's current state. A lot more animations are finished now and the game has switched to a 2.5D perspective instead of 3D. A new demo release is expected relatively soon.

Reactions: Nolo100

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
You guys should really download the launcher on their patreon. This will help you to always have the latest version. Already 2 patches have been released for the demo (which is now finished), but the creator of this thread never updated it.... The next release, expected to be soon, will be the 1st version of the game, no more tech demo! :)

Reactions: Nolo100
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes