Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
but don't be an asshole by accusing them of doing nothing.
This has been going on for how long now? Nearly 3 years, in that time they abandoned the original game and since then have made laughable strides of "progress" the past 6 months by adding bloated game mechanics and mini games no one cares about. The whole reason why people ever gave a damn about this game was purely because of the actual adult content in it. That's the only reason WHY the gullible people that still support this do and so far the only thing they delivered on that regard are promises and the concepts, which is such a common story for any adult game like this its a miracle people still support creators, because shit like this just makes myself incredibly warily.

I highly doubt there is any kind of like, evil hur dur scam bullshit going on here to, cause that would at least require some thought, I'm more convinced the people running this are just in over their heads and are way too incompetent, and no bullshit online "nice" persona is going convince me otherwise until they actually do something worthwhile with this game.

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
Gosh, you've made your point. Iif the game isn't anymore to your liking, don't stick around, you can search for lewd animation everywhere else on the internet. (or make your own take on a krystal game)

"Mini game no one cares about" Nice generalization. Also wrong, since, to repeat myself, I'd like to have a game with my game.
When the game was just a lewd walking simulator, I had my fun once, then I completely forgot about it for years. Now it is more apealing to me than the previous one, to at least being remembered.

Last edited:

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
I don't mind that, but I think any extra game features should still have some kind of a lewd element to them. If there's going to be a cooking mini game for instance, make it sexy somehow or maybe earn a sex scene for doing it well.
That could indeed be a good idea. I'm not sure they've told us the purpose of the cooking game. (maybe i'm just not well informed) If it's just like any rpg to gain buff/potion for the fight side, or if there'll be more to that.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
We already have good example of game with cool sex animations, but without any gameplay. It's "wildlife". I'll be honest, I didn't do the survey, so I can't say what 90% of people want, but I read the comments in that thread a bit and I can talk for myself. Most people there didn't like that game only consists of sex scenes (even high quality ones) and they really wanted some story in it, gameplay and etc. As for my experience, I also launch this game only once in few mouths, just to see new animations, and forget about it for another few mouths . The game must be a game, if you don't create meat for it, it quickly become boring. I really don't understand why people so bitter here, you are the patrons and give them money, and they don't meet your expectations? So, this can be understood, just stop doing so and move on to games that deserve your support. If you are not patron, well, this position I really don't understand. You lose nothing, because you not pay them, you don't like the way the game is going and still you come to this thread again and again to say devs how wrong are they and how wrong their game is. Just chill, find the game you like, why constantly remind your position in this thread, the devs heard you voice, answered on it: that they continue to make the game they want; whats the point to continue?

And just for clarify, as I said before, I don't have huge hope in devs, because of the previous project and other reasons which I don't want to drag on the surface again, but I see some potential in this game, and the devs don't looks like scams for me. If game don't meet my expectations, maybe I will not even bother to leave comments here, I just move on on next project, that's all, end of the story.

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Monday post up, and HAPPY 2021!
Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

SubscribeStar Public post:

Patreon post with gallery:

Patreon Public post:

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
:what2:
Monday post up

Website public post:

SubscribeStar public post:

Patreon public post:

Red Hunter

Dec 17, 2018
Man, good work so far. I'm liking the new teasers with the new background.
Reminds me of games like AdventureQuest or MechQuest, heh.

My main irk is that Krystal's face, when half turned towards the camera (3/4ths view) feels a bit... squashed/flat? Maybe the foreshortening's wonk? IDK, I can't place what's irking me.

Will there be emotes/gestures during conversations? I think hand/body movement will make the conversations feel a little more natural.

Feb 1, 2017
Monday post up

Website public post:

Patreon public post:
Good work so far guys, keep it up. It's shaping up real nice.
But fuck, that Pepe should've been under a spoiler.
1sfav1.jpg

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Man, good work so far. I'm liking the new teasers with the new background.
Reminds me of games like AdventureQuest or MechQuest, heh.

My main irk is that Krystal's face, when half turned towards the camera (3/4ths view) feels a bit... squashed/flat? Maybe the foreshortening's wonk? IDK, I can't place what's irking me.

Will there be emotes/gestures during conversations? I think hand/body movement will make the conversations feel a little more natural.
Thanks! I agree on the face feeling squashed, this was already noted and fixed for the lizardgirls, but needs to still be redone for her. It will be fixed! (likely low priority for now cause of the huge backlog we still have, but yeah totally on you on that)

About emotes, we have expressions in place for side view, and we'll have them also for other views in the future (tons of assets to add and rig, so it won't come in this update). Regarding gestures, I honestly love the idea. We have some gestures for now, but I'd like to have something more systematic and programmatical in place. We'll very likely add them in the future to make dialogues more expressive. The lizardmen already have them cause their facial expressivity is so limited, poor lads.

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
By expressions do we mean "anime" type?
Hmm yeah I would say they are in anime style because the mouths have the classic anime shapes (at least for our beloved fox, bit harder for the lizardgirls mouth structure but it follows the same principle).
Basically one mouth is slightly morphed into another following the anime aestethycs. Here's a carousel of them:

And here's some examples in use:

I had so much fun animating these °v°

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
Why was the original version abandoned? It was well structured such as the art, map and story/missions had a foundation ( which some needed some adjustments but not a lot I think).

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Monday post up!

Website public post:

Patreon public post:

Also sorry to see the old version with so much progress in like that. The new version still benefits from that experience and we'll try our best to improve on it!

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
Monday post up!

Website public post:

Patreon public post:

Also sorry to see the old version with so much progress in like that. The new version still benefits from that experience and we'll try our best to improve on it!
Considering the other post from D4n0w4r, understandable. Last question is how many fetishes will it feature? Haven't seen a post about yet.

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Check out the NSFW section of the FAQ here, there's quite a number of them planned:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I know gifs are a WIP, but after playing the previous version I find it hard to see Krystal so determined about sex...
In the previous game she was too "tsundere", a more serious and cold personality that, after trying "the pleasures of life :ROFLMAO:", was slowly getting into the script.

I hope that this personality does not change and that it does not end up corrupted on the first day.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I know gifs are a WIP, but after playing the previous version I find it hard to see Krystal so determined about sex...
In the previous game she was too "tsundere", a more serious and cold personality that, after trying "the pleasures of life :ROFLMAO:", was slowly getting into the script.

I hope that this personality does not change and that it does not end up corrupted on the first day.
I think I take from the encounter with the trader snake (forgot his name,) Kay was unwilling to perform the acts of blowjobs to get what she wanted. Now, it could be interesting to get what you want in other ways, but I don't think that's what this is about. Yet that she was unwilling, I think...actually, I'm not sure if I have seen all four scenes, So I'm not sure how much her personality or what have you speak of has changed.

All in all, I have not actually seen much of the art coming out for maybe a month. I keep going to discord, but um...I can't find any new articles of clothing on the newly presented characters featuring shiny ribbons and streamers and confetti. joking aside, It sounds like everything is coming along well.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes