Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

vesperius

Sep 12, 2017
Most of the time the reason why is create tension and build-up so that it is more satisfying. What needs to be done however, is make that build-up interesting, enganging, and have dialogue that is worth it so people do not get bored.
you did indeed handle it beautifully in the previous version of the game. but damn if it doesnt feels like a crawl sometimes

UploadGuy

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
Bored is subjective.

It wasn't too uncommon to see people ask for "complete" saves to v.08, just so each and every scene could be accessed easier.

Consider looking into H-scenes in and around combat, if you're concerned about player retention.
That's a tried, true and tested gameplay loop to hold over any ambitious H-game.

Yes I agree that "boredom" is subjective, but if you have writing that bores a large percentage of the player base then it is a problem. When making a H-game you want to tease the player (at least from my point of view in writing) with good sexual dialogue that gets them hooked on the character they'll eventually have intercourse with. This can be done with good writing and a good art style will never hurt. But if the journey to the sex is uninspired and reads like a bad relationship, then people will not want to continue.

Last edited:

UploadGuy

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
you did indeed handle it beautifully in the previous version of the game. but damn if it doesn't feels like a crawl sometimes
Although I have the label as a game developer on this forum, I am not invovled in the creation of this Krystal game in any way, shape, or form. But I have done a small amount of erotic writings in the past that have done very well. I wouldn't mind writing the sex scenes, because a lot of games on this site have good art. My issue is that A LOT of games on this site gives me the feeling that the sex scene writing is an afterthought when the sex dialogue and the artwork is why people even bother to begin with.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
Although I have the label as a game developer on this forum, I am not invovled in the creation of this Krystal game in any way, shape, or form. But I have done a small amount of erotic writings in the past that have done very well. I wouldn't mind writing the sex scenes, because a lot of games on this site have good art. My issue is that A LOT of games on this site gives me the feeling that the sex scene writing is an afterthought when the sex dialogue and the artwork is why people even bother to begin with.
It's because artwork is like clothing - it's the first thing that player sees and it's the first thing that will make a potential player to invest their time into the game, to give it a chance. Just like in real life, the handsomer the person that you first time see, the easier it's for you to give them a shot, and only then do you judge their speech (dialogue) and behaviour(gameplay).
And just like in real life you will choose to stay with the person that is interesting to you not only visual, but also that fits you morally and can sweet talk you. Gameplay can be hit or miss though, there are succesfull games that have great story+dialogue+art, yet have horrible outdated gameplay. Same for dialogue, hence projects like Rack2, BotN and Fallen Doll that have almost to no context, btu their other features raise their projects higher to a success.
If artwork is bad though, then less people will even try it out to begin with, thus they won't even experience other features that game might provide. And that might be the reason №1why game might fail.
Unfortunately the very first impression is very important which is why it makes sense to concentrate on the graphics at first and only later start adding other features.

UploadGuy

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
It's because artwork is like clothing - it's the first thing that player sees and it's the first thing that will make a potential player to invest their time into the game, to give it a chance. Just like in real life, the handsomer the person that you first time see, the easier it's for you to give them a shot, and only then do you judge their speech (dialogue) and behaviour(gameplay).
And just like in real life you will choose to stay with the person that is interesting to you not only visual, but also that fits you morally and can sweet talk you. Gameplay can be hit or miss though, there are succesfull games that have great story+dialogue+art, yet have horrible outdated gameplay. Same for dialogue, hence projects like Rack2, BotN and Fallen Doll that have almost to no context, btu their other features raise their projects higher to a success.
If artwork is bad though, then less people will even try it out to begin with, thus they won't even experience other features that game might provide. And that might be the reason №1why game might fail.
Unfortunately the very first impression is very important which is why it makes sense to concentrate on the graphics at first and only later start adding other features.
Oh ya for sure graphics is what especially drives people towards a H-game i can imagine. But I do wish more sex scenes in games on this site were written better.

Apr 30, 2017
So, how long does the game take to load? I'm asking because I've been watching what I can only assume is Krystal running on my screen for the past 20 minutes

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
So, how long does the game take to load? I'm asking because I've been watching what I can only assume is Krystal running on my screen for the past 20 minutes
shouldn't take more than a minute, I should think. I have a poor perception of time, thus, I yield so it must be that less or more should be taken.

I tried it, and any running critters I saw only lasted a few seconds. the loading screens, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smacosmell

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
It's interesting. I like the design and I'm fan of Krystal. I'll follow this project. :)
Hopefully we can make a game that you will enjoy. The discord is where you can find the most information and speak with us personally. I'm always willing to answer questions about the game.

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
I mean, I do enjoy tossing some critique here and there, but that part is just unfair.
Who in their right minds want to add a ton of strangers to their friendlist?

Even if you support a project, it does not mean that the developers immediately become your friends, so I can definately see why he posted something like that.

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
Unfair then is also the amount of opinions and truths that have been erased about the development of this game.
I haven't been paying attention to this project for about 3-4 months now, so I am not aware of any opinions and truths that has been erased.
But even if that is the case, it does not mean that the developers of ANY project, should have to deal with a ton of random ass people friend requesting them at random for no real reason.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I haven't been paying attention to this project for about 3-4 months now, so I am not aware of any opinions and truths that has been erased.
But even if that is the case, it does not mean that the developers of ANY project, should have to deal with a ton of random ass people friend requesting them at random for no real reason.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Unfair then is also the amount of opinions and truths that have been erased about the development of this game.
I have never erased any 'opinions' or 'truths' about this game. I do not have the power on these forums, nor do I care enough to do so anyway. I dislike censorship.

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
I have never erased any 'opinions' or 'truths' about this game. I do not have the power on these forums, nor do I care enough to do so anyway. I dislike censorship.
Could be the earlier parts of this thread, where people where attacking it so much that it had to be moderated and even warned about people taking the piss.
Only instance of where I think people may get the idea of someone deleting their "ideas" or whatever.

How's development coming along? Saw that you changed it from a 3D to 2D gameplay. Too much backlash?

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Indeed, I don't say it for you, but for those who only knew how to polemicise their values by reporting the exposed posts that they were unable to refute with solid arguments. We have already experienced this a few times.

The real action could be a donation, which is what is called for in the project.

Last edited:
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes