Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
For that we would have to find a way to erase minds, time travel or the world would have to enter the next period of civilization and people would no longer work for money, but for pleasure. :LOL:

UploadGuy

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
This has been a huge disaster. This development cycle has been such a shit show you’d think this game is being created by modern BioWare. Everything that could go wrong has went wrong. It’s going on three years and there’s not much to show for it. I hope in 2022 they can Atleast wow their audience of people they’ve somehow tricked into paying money for this entire time.

From terrible ideas, to bad art, and to bad gameplay mechanics, this has every issue you can imagine. This game is slowly becoming the Konami of the smut video game world. This should be a lesson for dev for any indie game doesn’t matter if it is smut or not to remember the scope of your own ability and the size of your team. It is beyond obvious that the team is winging it and trying to learn video game development while making this title.

It might seem like I’m another asshole dunking on the game, but I actually want it to be decent because LOK is a “franchise” that has been treated like Meg from Family Guy for over a decade now. No wonder why the forum posts on this site has become less and less until it is a wasteland, and not a cool Fallout New Vegas Wasteland, but more of a fresh release version of Fallout 76, and nobody wants that..

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
And the bad thing is that they came here to give us moral lessons about how hard it was to work set free time in a game with more than a thousand patreons from day one. Poor littles.

In reality we are bad. Everyone should pay without complaint, in fact, even the banks should be subsidizing this.

Last edited:

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
Personally, id rather have spread out bigger updates, than small drip fed ones as alot of patreon games have. Lose interest after a small update or 2 even tho i dont want to.
The big factor is communication and being able to show that things are being done and progressing. You could not release anything for a year or 2, but as long as youre able to show me that theres progress - take your sweet time.
But communication aint easy when its behind a paywall (as far as im aware).
So a gold standard of more agile development is to have smaller, more regular updates. You don't do to many of the "big bang" type updates. And actually maintaining a regular update cadence, especially for an indie team that may not be operating at the same standard as a staff full of seasoned developers hauling in salaries of $100k annually, is going to be a huge challenge.

Additionally, the team has multiple public ways to see updates which, as far as I know, are not hidden behind any paywalls:

Additionally, and perhaps to a lesser extent, there is also a public Discord you can join. Albeit I don't think you'll necessarily get immediate satisfaction with updates, since you'll have to find the channel for that, etc, than you could with the instant results from the websites.

So given that there is active communication, and that you don't mind a long wait... this seems like the project that meets your particular criteria! :)

If you feel there is insufficient communication, do feel free to share why you believe that to be the case. :)

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Sunday everyone! I’ll be floating around this forum looking to help where I can. (Similarly to how Mad_S handled things back in July) When you have any questions feel free to reach out here or the LOK:Re Discord. I look forward to chatting. Peace and Stay Strong

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Hello i have a question.

Do they have plans to make a new demo?
Yes is the short answer.

The longer answer is that there is no public release window I can promote. I hope the developers release a teaser of what the game is looking like in the near future. I’ll be passing along the news as soon as it is available.

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
Hello i have a question.

Do they have plans to make a new demo?
Honestly, i don't believe they had a plan all along. Visions, yes, but not plan. If they had, there would be at least something that can be called a real demo (not the 3D testing and the walking simulator). And it's been over two years already with barely anything to show for. And a few days ago i read a post from Vlad on their discord, admitting their inablity to get things done. Who would believe anything they say at this point and after this statement? There's only a tiny bit hope left they'll release an update but the past two years are speaking against them.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Luckily for you there will be an update.

You’re 100% correct about lacking a clear plan. They were overconfident on what they could accomplish back in March. Instead of taking mitigating actions then. They choose to try and expand to justify the extended development cycle. Unfortunately it only compounded the issues.

To be honest nothing I said is new info. But everything you’re talking about is being addressed Vashaal. Fortunately for us all, this isn’t a big secret.

galindae

Apr 24, 2018
maby they need create similar to eon. there is puzzles u need to also do quest . 3 characters.
would be intresting lizardmen hero and krystal 2 main characters. with their own story.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021

It appears this will be a rare public update post with photos. If you were looking for the bush you found it.

TLDR Fixes to issues found in an internal playthrough of 1.1 update. And general additions to art and animations.

galindae

Apr 24, 2018
sorry no offence to lok team they doing their stuff, i have zero knowledge about coding and rest such stuff. they do their own stuff in their free time. just saying that maby eon is somwhere better than lok remaster. they point is ppl here dont know what lok team whant from game longer term. if they would come here and share what they whant from game, maby ppl will be not so rude.
ps. i still think eon is good for 2d game with 3d models. there is puzzles and quests , 3 main characters (maby they will cross quest each atehr maby not) ,
idea is not bad to have 2 point of views u play lizardmen and krystall. to maby show their back story why he got so many scars or something. there can even be evil side play and good side choices what make u good or evil. kantir and krystall , story lines. (for example)
its hard to make offc.
ps. just my thoughts.

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
And even though they said they wanted to get rid of Krystal to avoid trouble with the big N, the game continued months to be called "Legend of Krystal: Rebirth" until they changed it to "LOK: RE" (squeezed their brains out), so that it wouldn't be too noticeable among those people who are capable of throwing money on something that isn't even started just to see the blue fox. In fact, it's funny that the last images shown here look a lot like the character.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonsix6969

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
“In their server with their misinformed or extremely patient fans, sure. But here, where users measure performance and make creators accountable...? Nope. They can only suggest non-confrontational guys like Staning to try spreading a message of love and endless patience.”

I appreciate you deciding why I started to come here. Super lazy way to try and discredit me.

Be better please

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Didn’t that name change from legend of Krystal to LOK happen 2 years ago with the reboot? Actually curious. I’m more than happy to be corrected.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Didn’t that name change from legend of Krystal to LOK happen 2 years ago with the reboot? Actually curious. I’m more than happy to be corrected.
Indeed, the name continued both here and on Patreon being called Legend of Krystal for a long time after the disastrous attempt to reboot it in 3D. (Rebirth Remake here).

Glad to help.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes