Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Also, I post under the assumption that nobody here is in the LOK discord. I just want to maintain healthy stream of content that can be reacted to. Because it makes everyone more informed. And that leads to better and more pointed responses. Good, Bad, or Indifferent.

Which brings up the next point. What should I look to pick from? Are you only interested in Animation WIPs? Technical Videos? Concept Art or Pictures? All of the above? none of the above? Let me know.

Thanks, enjoy your Wednesday. Peace and Stay Strong
Any anal yet?

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Actually that answer works for both questions lol. But yeah the demo is still in the tank. And only really Arimouse could answer with any level of specificity. Because I simply don’t know.

gabut40

Jul 26, 2018
sorry to ask this but i lost track of how many krystal has been "rebirth", so which "rebirth" is this and does this one still updating or someone will "rebirth" it again in the future?

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
sorry to ask this but i lost track of how many krystal has been "rebirth", so which "rebirth" is this and does this one still updating or someone will "rebirth" it again in the future?
long story short: Original Rebirth went to v0.8, was then rebranded to this thread, which had a 3d-Demo that was tossed out and is currently at rework... so the 3rd or 2nd, depending on how you want to count
edit: as for updates, we are waiting since the last tech demo, nobody knows when, but we hope it will be some time. Bets are going from next year to 2042

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
No problem. But yeah this game started development at the tail end of 2019. So yeah that makes this game LOK: ReRebirth

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Evolve Legend of Krystal: Rebirth + Krystal to LOK: RE + Furry Fox and you already have the perfect excuse to have money on the first day. On second thought, they are true geniuses!!
The last thing you can expect from the re-re-rebirth if this game ever gets to have actual transparent content updates and a game completion closure: Legend of Krystal 2077 Skyrim circa edition.

Reactions: stickitinher22

TitleA_A

Apr 27, 2020
Which brings up the next point. What should I look to pick from? Are you only interested in Animation WIPs? Technical Videos? Concept Art or Pictures? All of the above? none of the above? Let me know.

Thanks, enjoy your Wednesday. Peace and Stay Strong
Regardless of the many walls of text posted here, the answer is: Animation WIPs.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Everything you think might be a good reason to have hope. I dont care for any specific things.
By the way, you do a nice job. And your brave to do this for this project, i hope you survive us XD

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Everything you think might be a good reason to have hope. I dont care for any specific things.
By the way, you do a nice job. And your brave to do this for this project, i hope you survive us XD
Wow… I appreciate the kind words. But let’s save superlatives for people who are actually super XD.

I can’t give anyone here hope. That’s up to the dev team. I only plan on showing what the discord members see. Because people shouldn’t be pressured into joining a service just to get basic updates. (BTW if anyone is familiar with other places that discuss the game HMU) Not to mention all the changes going on now that began in this forum.

Y’all will be tired of me well before I’m tired of y’all.

If you need hope. Just think of all the fuck ups this team has gone through. And all the failures. And yet they still haven’t broke. They changed and evolved. And now you are a witness to another step forward.

Peace and Stay Strong.

Synthenator

Feb 28, 2021
Wow… I appreciate the kind words. But let’s save superlatives for people who are actually super XD.

I can’t give anyone here hope. That’s up to the dev team. I only plan on showing what the discord members see. Because people shouldn’t be pressured into joining a service just to get basic updates. (BTW if anyone is familiar with other places that discuss the game HMU) Not to mention all the changes going on now that began in this forum.

Y’all will be tired of me well before I’m tired of y’all.

If you need hope. Just think of all the fuck ups this team has gone through. And all the failures. And yet they still haven’t broke. They changed and evolved. And now you are a witness to another step forward.

Peace and Stay Strong.
I think the main problem is that no matter how the development teams suffered and changed, they never stopped accepting money from the patrons. It is this aspect that seems to me the most unpleasant, because a lot of people really believed and invested in the game, and I was one of them.

After a very long period of time, we again see only verbal promises and repeated pictures of recolored characters.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I think the main problem is that no matter how the development teams suffered and changed, they never stopped accepting money from the patrons. It is this aspect that seems to me the most unpleasant, because a lot of people really believed and invested in the game, and I was one of them.

After a very long period of time, we again see only verbal promises and repeated pictures of recolored characters.
100% The biggest failure with this dev team has been handling their customers. They pretend that “soon” is an answer that means anything. And it suck’s that there are dozens and likely hundreds of people that are exactly like you. And it’s gonna take more than good faith and effort to win anybody back.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020

^^ pretty much this. if they was actually caring to their community and such they shoulda been paused patreon pledges to become transparent after getting real update content and a schedule to provide with! or are we living in a society when its ok to give people money for absolutely doing nothing rather than make Content W.I.P post and status to make it look like actual game developing content???

There's a few other games that did this lowkey thing this year and yet they haven't been banned nor taken down their system of getting pledges for not accomplishing what they were delivering lmao xD because patreon in some way its also getting useless when recieving reports :(. conclusion = never EVER pledge in a game that doesn't even have a pretty fitting content flow transparent updates and such.

Reactions: Synthenator

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I agree with you Bruce. No one should ever financially support a project that isn’t being transparent. But I honestly believe you are placing malice where there is none.

Were they scared and embarrassed? Yes

Is that an excuse for their actions? No

They have been working. It’s one of the few things they have done consistently. It’s the only reason why I choose to continue to support this team. Development never stopped.

Was it misguided and mismanaged for the majority of this year? Absolutely

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017

^^ pretty much this. if they was actually caring to their community and such they shoulda been paused patreon pledges to become transparent after getting real update content and a schedule to provide with! or are we living in a society when its ok to give people money for absolutely doing nothing rather than make Content W.I.P post and status to make it look like actual game developing content???

There's a few other games that did this lowkey thing this year and yet they haven't been banned nor taken down their system of getting pledges for not accomplishing what they were delivering lmao xD because patreon in some way its also getting useless when recieving reports :(. conclusion = never EVER pledge in a game that doesn't even have a pretty fitting content flow transparent updates and such.
Well, i get that money thing makes people mad, i was because i never invested more money in any game (except SWTOR maybe) in the first version. But heres the thing; What other people do with their money is up to them. I mean, if you throw your money at the first verbal promise, you remind me of Futurama when Fry bought the fish (sardines?) Anybody with a little care for his money checks things out. My pledge was cancelled the moment it was announced to be revamped on Patreon because im not a friend of discord, you miss too much if you not there everyday. My personal expectations are not nearly met to pledge again. But what other people do with their money, none of my business, and i think none of yours either. Maybe Abels, because he was kicked out.

Now if you pledged and think you were lurred in, im sorry for you, honestly. But a little peek at the two threads would have been enough too see many issues. Also, and here i could be wrong because i was in the moment then, i think they didnt advertise the old version by telling it will be updated, rather improved in a new version with more of everything. Now if you checked out the demo and pledged before any update, i personally think thats a good chance of throwing money away if the dev never finished a game.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
They have never been able to accept criticism from the beginning, no matter how constructive we tried to make it. They were always right, even when they released the 3D alpha they were also right.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I’ll disagree a bit Sharun. Because yes for the people who have been following a long time then I think you’re spot on. But for new members I believe it’s unfair to assume they catch up on literal thousands of messages to make an informed decision.

Chopolander I hope people like Arimouse (and to an infinitely lesser effect myself) can help change that perception of the dev team. It’s clear they valued “good faith” criticism and ignored “bad faith” criticism. But I honestly believe that sentiment was built by how active Abel is here. Than say a random user in this forum.

Don’t do 3D dirty like that. It still sucks that feature got axed. I get i’m in the minority on this one. I wish the animations were farther along to give the 3D a fair chance when that tech demo came out.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes