Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Friday!

The discord teaser from this week was a piece of music.

Monday is the big day when the first group of Patrons will be seeing the final demo. And with this release the information embargo will finally be dead. And I’m so happy the team has finally gotten to this point. The frog is ready to be kissed, warts and all :]

As always, please reach out if you have any questions either here or in discord DM’s. (I’m in Abelius’ Pizza Hot server and LOK’s)

I’ve been encouraged by what I’ve seen these past few weeks. Failure has been an unrelenting teacher. It took months longer than it should have. And there are still months and months of effort needed to follow through on our expectations. But for the first time since Spring of 2020, the game finally has a plan that looks forward. So to put it simply.

Thank You

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
It took months longer than it should have.
"Since Spring 2020" -- so that means a bit more than a year since we're entering or beginning to enter Winter 2021.

That is a huge timeframe wasted if not properly allocated, to be honest.

Thanks for the info, by the way. It's better than nothing at all, I suppose.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
To Clarify, this update started in February of 2021, not to say 10 months is acceptable XD.

The “spring of 2020” comment was the last time I’ve felt the kind of hope that got me to take the leap and support the project.

Once this project starts hitting regular and predictable updates. Hopefully I can just post links and take a step back and watch the natural discourse. But hey, I’ll do what I can until we get there.

Reactions: CourierNPC

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
To Clarify, this update started in February of 2021, not to say 10 months is acceptable XD.

The “spring of 2020” comment was the last time I’ve felt the kind of hope that got me to take the leap and support the project.

Once this project starts hitting regular and predictable updates. Hopefully I can just post links and take a step back and watch the natural discourse. But hey, I’ll do what I can until we get there.
There are two things bothering me with your comment:

1. you're right, 10 months isn't acceptable, but this is going on since july or august 2019, so i'd say it's close to two and a half years. So they wasted far more time.

2. regular updates were expected since they abondoned 0.8 and they delivered barely any content; animations which still look unpolished (especially after that much time) and hollow promises getting better and deliver faster.

I'm curious who you are trying to convince that this is getting better? Their new update looks good and promising? Does it include over two years work?

I don't think so. They lost every bit of trust they had. The new update won't satisfy.

Reactions: Dibble11

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Vashaal, you’re right. I look at the failed 3D demo from November 2020 as a separate project. Which likely affords me a bit more patience than if I looked at the Project throughout its full timeline. I agree more than you may suspect.

This is where having advanced knowledge of the announcements coming is a bit awkward. I’ll put it this way. Arimouse has brought a new tone and swagger to the devs. And you’ll be seeing that attitude with the “state of the game” posts that will accompany the update. This in no way guarantees success. And I hope everyone here takes some time to look over what’s said, and holds the team to it.

Nobody. I can’t prove anything to anyone here. I believe that abandoning this forum was a mistake by Vlad and Pikant. So it was important that someone take up some level of dialogue. Even if it’s just sharing links. But I can’t do that. So have a few essays on my opinion. And hey, it only helps me understand my thoughts better.

Yes the update has 2 years of work into it. The problem is that those 2 years were dictated by mismanagement. So you will see those results in full. And everyone is aware of the updates shortcomings.

1000% correct. It will take time to earn the trust back through accountability and availability. Easily said, difficult to execute. And that will define 2022.

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
Well, first things first: i'm impressed that you take your time for this forum as well as your patience for this failed team.

But calling it mismanagement seems a bit too simple. From my point of view it's a complete failure in project management but that's not all: iirc the 3D update (the awkward snakes) was expected for april 2020 but was pushed back to july because the animators didn't get their job done in time. I fully understand that it can be problematic to find animators for this kind of project but this shouldn't be an excuse to forgive them their mistakes. They were hired for animations and didn't deliver on time. And the animation WIPs you posted a while ago seem to prove my point.

But it continued as if nothing happened. No consequences. And it took them "just" two years to make minor adjustments (that's my view on making Arimouse project manager(?)) instead of taking consequences and adjusting their team. Well, to be honest, i can't really tell who is a full member of the team (besides Kuja and Vlad, but this is another topic i want to avoid) and who is hired personnel. And Abel was made to leave (either fired or left on his own accord, probably we'll never know the truth cause both sides accuse each other) but the point is nobody was blamed or took responsibilty, usually people like this get fired on the spot.

Place your bets! : Movement, Talking to 4-5 NPCs max, groping only, No penetration
You set your bar pretty high. xD

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
IIRC, Vlad used to say that the team wasn't making enough money to do this full time, which was their primary excuse for the sorry state of things. I would like to know how that true that claim is, but Kuja concealed their monthly income awhile ago. We can only get estimates at this point.
1639860227418.png

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
But... Does anyone really believe that the money they have pocketed so far has been earned?

So far what they have taken advantage of is the fame that the previous game had developed with the promise of trying to do something similar. And we're still waiting... maybe I'll see settlements on Mars before, but well....

Oh my... I still find it hard to believe that some people are so deluded, but.... Truly the finger points to the moon and the fool looks at the finger :LOL:

Last edited:

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
But it continued as if nothing happened. No consequences. And it took them "just" two years to make minor adjustments (that's my view on making Arimouse project manager(?)) instead of taking consequences and adjusting their team.
I’ll let a dev who is paid speak on the animation issues. But they dredged through handfuls of animators just to come to a conclusion that should have been clear months ago. It sucks it took so much time. But it’s better to have gotten to this point. Then trying to smash their heads against the wall relying on one persons talent.
Also to frame the work being done as “minor adjustments” isn’t fair.
Arimouse has been a massive change to the team.
This update is the product of the old way of thinking. And it’s going to fall in line with every other update you’ve seen. Just look at my comments from last week.

I want to be clear. Everything I said doesn’t mean you’re wrong. Or that this project doesn’t continue the same reputation of failure. But this is the first steps towards building a respectable future. And it’s going to take time, predictability, availability, and accountability to follow through.

But... Does anyone really believe that the money they have pocketed so far has been earned?
That’s up to every single patron for this project. (I’ve made the determination that 10 dollars a month is appropriate for me) And hey, the supporters could see everything that is said. And see the update and decided that this project isn’t right for them. And there is nothing wrong with that.

So far what they have taken advantage of is the fame that the previous game had developed with the promise of trying to do something similar. And we're still waiting... maybe I'll see settlements on Mars before, but well....
You’ll see a lot of encouraging changes then :] And here’s hoping for a neuralink build of the project to enjoy after long hours of mining iron on Mars XD.

TitleA_A

Apr 27, 2020
I’ll put it this way. Arimouse has brought a new tone and swagger to the devs. And you’ll be seeing that attitude with the “state of the game” posts that will And that will define 2022.
I'm really curious what Arimouse is doing to increase morale, since all I recall Ari doing here was body shaming the slim models in the game while promoting her overweight OC.

If it leads to productive updates, great!
I only hope none of their tragic bias bleeds into the game.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I'm really curious what Arimouse is doing to increase morale, since all I recall Ari doing here was body shaming the slim models in the game while promoting her overweight OC.
That's something I don't know... but I rather not pry any further.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
1000% correct. It will take time to earn the trust back through accountability and availability. Easily said, difficult to execute. And that will define 2022.
Just like writing: Show, don't tell.

Wish y'all a stroke of very good luck. Y'all needed it the most more than anything.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Do the maths and imagine paying for 2 years that 10 dollars a month.... 240 dollars? Good price for a few gifs and music files.
And this is where we are going to fundamentally disagree Chopolander. I see a lot more progress than you do. And I hope you get out from this project what you hope. And hey, if you’re enjoying the banter along the way. That’s great! I just hope I can start providing y’all with a bit of red meat for what this game can be.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I take a look at the public Trello page and see that the Lizard People, particularly males are a bit too buff. There's nothing wrong with it, of course, but how would the team compensate their speed and agility for that? Lizards are well-known for their agility, speed, and of course, being sleek creatures. If we are to take Komodo Dragon as a real-world example, even that big boy could outrun you.
And how would these Lizard People utilize their big, burly bodies to ambush preys -- if we are referencing the WIP I'm seeing there?

I hope the Trello is still in use. Otherwise, ignore the comment.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I take a look at the public Trello page and see that the Lizard People, particularly males are a bit too buff. There's nothing wrong with it, of course, but how would the team compensate their speed and agility for that? Lizards are well-known for their agility, speed, and of course, being sleek creatures. If we are to take Komodo Dragon as a real-world example, even that big boy could outrun you.
And how would these Lizard People utilize their big, burly bodies to ambush preys -- if we are referencing the WIP I'm seeing there?

I hope the Trello is still in use. Otherwise, ignore the comment.
Honestly that’s one of those lore/game questions that is best suited for the spoiler section of the LOK discord. And you just @ themightyaltroll. He’d be happy to answer stuff like that. Because I have no freaking clue XD.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
And if anyone is interested here is the discord invite link.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Honestly that’s one of those lore/game questions that is best suited for the spoiler section of the LOK discord. And you just @ themightyaltroll. He’d be happy to answer stuff like that. Because I have no freaking clue XD.
As much as I appreciated burly men dominating Kay, I can't shake the feeling that the design somehow looks like these folks are ready for Mr. Universe or consuming too many steroids. I'm looking from the design standpoint, don't even know that question went straight to the lore, to be honest.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes