triped

Jul 30, 2020
I'm fairly sure that the LonaRPG description has a translation error, and rather than reading "Cold... Grim... ....", it was meant to read, "A light, breezy, cursory game that can be played with a modicum of attention for h content that doesn't look like it came out of a landfill". And, knowing that this was the intended description, it occurs to me that eccma did not balance the game very well (it's not light and breezy at all), and I'm presenting a mod that fixes the game to more appropriately match the corrected description.

What this mod does
- when stamina goes < -30, stamina resets to max. You can still faint by using the "slip" skill
- when health goes < 30, resets to max
- sets hunger to max
- sets sexy to min 50 (if sexy is below 50, will set to 50)
- sets dirty to 0

Joking aside, do not use this mod if you want to get the genuine experience.

(I didn't read the "how to mod" guide, I just took one of the existing mods and morphed it. Also, it's been a long time since I coded in ruby.)

Shance

Feb 9, 2018
Is the shopping with cocona all supposed to be in it's original language? The kidnapped by a saint questline. Or did I break something?

Shance

Feb 9, 2018
Click the link in my signature.
Thank you. Though sorry for the bother, do I only put the file in the Lona file? or do I empty it into somewhere in particular for it to have an effect?

Edit: nevermind. Put it all in the original ENG folder and it worked. Thank You!

Reactions: Xto

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
So, while farming the tutorial dungeon I somehow managed to make goblins fight (and then rape) each other. Which leads to the question: is there any reliable way of making the enemies fight each other (other than running around them and hoping that one of them will accidently hit the other)? Like, some skill, trick or an item. Also, shouldn't there be a "gay" tag in the Genre tab?
When farming fruits, animal meat and herbs in the Rain Forest I make the boars fight constantly by baiting them into bull-rushing one another. Also, Goblins will almost always rape any character that is lying on the floor with no stamina, including other goblins, so an easy way to get that to happen is by using stamina draining weapons.

Reactions: AnOldMan

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Good news everyone! I managed to circumvent googles ban and I managed to do some translation. In fact, it's all done. Only thing that is left is explained in the post. I have made a lot of fixes and touching up as well. Things left to do is to put citation marks around sentences that don't have them. But that is just aesthetic and I'm not sure if I'll ever do it. Not at least in the near future.

I also had some fun with the poetry.
Like during the HEV with Cocona and the priest and he says: "Give me a good bear! You will no longer be a liar after completing the ceremony!" So, that needed some attention. I actually edited all that to make it fit the characters and the style of the game. I think I did a good job, but I can't test it since I have no save prior to it all. It bugs me since I know someone posted a save just before the Cocona quest starts. But I can't find it anymore.

Anyway. Here is the link for people not seeing signatures: https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-4-3-5-eccma417.49993/post-4283466
Everybody else feel free to click my signature as usual.

Edit: so, this is an itch that won't stop itching.. : ) I played some more and discovered more things. And then some more. And one thing led to another and so on. As it is with things. So I corrected those. And I updated the text file again. Stuff that got corrected all over the files (*.txt) are:

Ludsin, Ludxin, Ludxing, Rudsin, Rudersin. Rudesing, Rudesin -> Rudesind
Incaland -> Ingalend
Vinett -> Vineet
Grey Rat, Gary Rat GrayRat -> Gray Rat (together for the code stuff but separated in dialouge and other places)

Plus some other stuff as well. A tip is to look at the date just above the attached "LonaRPG.Beta.XXXX_ENG.zip".
I make "silent" updates now and then and I always update that date field when I do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1004657

I am still annoyed that cauldron food perishes once you leave the map, that just makes no sense whatsoever. The cauldron is a high level thingy and it feels much more useless due to that.
he thinks about these difficulties. increases the content of the game. but that will not increase the content of the game. this will only ruin the quality of the game.

ele pensa essas dificuldades. aumenta o conteúdo do jogo. mas isso não aumentará o conteúdo do jogo. isso só vai arruinar a qualidade do jogo.

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
I am still annoyed that cauldron food perishes once you leave the map, that just makes no sense whatsoever. The cauldron is a high level thingy and it feels much more useless due to that.
Yeah, thats the only reason I dont use survival mode even though Id like to.

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
It's a bowl? How would you carry a bowl of soup without spilling it all over? You can't carry it in your pack. You have to eat it while its hot. I think that makes sense. If you want food to last you have to smoke (meat) or dry it (fruit and vegetables). That also makes sense.
he thinks about these difficulties. increases the content of the game. but that will not increase the content of the game. this will only ruin the quality of the game.
You are wrong. He is making a survival RPG. If you don't like it you can turn it off. And as far as content go, there is a LOT of content and quests considering it is still a beta and in development. What eccma is building is a game engine that has limitless potential (for a rgp engine game at least) to be extened with as much content and quests and story he wants. He is fine tuning the game experience and mechanics. Plus doing stories. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me.

D

Deleted member 1004657

It's a bowl? How would you carry a bowl of soup without spilling it all over? You can't carry it in your pack. You have to eat it while its hot. I think that makes sense. If you want food to last you have to smoke (meat) or dry it (fruit and vegetables). That also makes sense.

You are wrong. He is making a survival RPG. If you don't like it you can turn it off. And as far as content go, there is a LOT of content and quests considering it is still a beta and in development. What eccma is building is a game engine that has limitless potential (for a rgp engine game at least) to be extened with as much content and quests and story he wants. He is fine tuning the game experience and mechanics. Plus doing stories. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me.
I want my stamina to stop at 0, I want canvas to eat less and fill the stamina more, I want the stamina to fill in 1 rest, I want to walk on the map costing 1 stamina per square, but I don't know how to change the codes, I am dumb.

eu quero minha stamina pare no 0, eu quero que lona coma menos e encha mais a estamina, eu quero que a estamina encha em 1 descanso, eu quero andar no mapa custando 1 de estamina por quadrado, mais não sei mecher nos codigo, sou burro.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I want my stamina to stop at 0, I want canvas to eat less and fill the stamina more, I want the stamina to fill in 1 rest, I want to walk on the map costing 1 stamina per square, but I don't know how to change the codes, I am dumb.

eu quero minha stamina pare no 0, eu quero que lona coma menos e encha mais a estamina, eu quero que a estamina encha em 1 descanso, eu quero andar no mapa custando 1 de estamina por quadrado, mais não sei mecher nos codigo, sou burro.
You want a different game.
How would you expect traversing rain forests or mountains to only cost 1 Stamina?

And there's more on the way:

D

Deleted member 1004657

You want a different game.
How would you expect traversing rain forests or mountains to only cost 1 Stamina?

And there's more on the way:
I wish I could survive with prostitution, but there is no balance, high price food, tarpaulin eats too much, loses too much stamina, it takes too long to rest, in addition to the injury, I think it's cool, but it's impossible to treat, the game sums up in a new game keep returning save, a 30 second auto save partition, and very useful.

eu queria poder sobreviver com a prostituição, mas não tem equilibrio, comida preço alto, lona come exagero, perde estamina demais, demora pra descançar, alem das lesão, acho legal, mais é impossivel tratar, o jogo resume em, novo jogo, ou ficar retornando save, uma partição de auto save 30 segundo, e muito util.

I love this game, but it has no balance.

eu amo esse jogo, mais não tem equilibrio nenhum.

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
I wish I could survive with prostitution, but there is no balance, high price food, tarpaulin eats too much, loses too much stamina, it takes too long to rest, in addition to the injury, I think it's cool, but it's impossible to treat, the game sums up in a new game keep returning save, a 30 second auto save partition, and very useful.

eu queria poder sobreviver com a prostituição, mas não tem equilibrio, comida preço alto, lona come exagero, perde estamina demais, demora pra descançar, alem das lesão, acho legal, mais é impossivel tratar, o jogo resume em, novo jogo, ou ficar retornando save, uma partição de auto save 30 segundo, e muito util.

I love this game, but it has no balance.

eu amo esse jogo, mais não tem equilibrio nenhum.
Well, here's a lesson for you - it's not easy to be a homeless prostitute in a dark fantasy world. Whether this game is "balanced" or not - it's a survival game and it makes you work hard to survive. If you want to play as a happy prositute - play vanilla games, there are tons of them.

4.10 star(s) 184 Votes