FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah I intentionally avoided the wis glasses early because it seemed like it would make things too easy (I read about the advice earlier in the thread). It also isn't something that's super obvious for somebody who isn't reading a forum about the game, since the buff amount isn't listed for items in the shop. Not a great plan to balance a game around things only some people know.

These are OP. And boy is it nice to finally be able to fuck up boars without making them fight eachother. Yay magic, the mainhand frost shines against boars for sure since they just take the quickest path to you, unlike Undead that sometimes fuck around with ranged attacks and lose interest in you quickly. Only testing most the magic against undead as my first go wasn't a great showing of some of these attacks. I'm surprised, figured the quicker enemies would be more difficult to deal with. Still wouldn't wanna try the fire spells against these though.

Last edited:

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah I intentionally avoided the wis glasses early because it seemed like it would make things too easy (I read about the advice earlier in the thread). It also isn't something that's super obvious for somebody who isn't reading a forum about the game, since the buff amount isn't listed for items. Not a great plan to balance a game around things only some people know.

These are OP.
The glasses are sold by the same guy who sells the magic stuff, so it should easy to see that they increase Wisdom and buy them if you're playing magic. I do agree that it's a bit unintuitive that they buff so much(I think my magic damage nearly doubled when I used them), but I don't think it's something that "only some people know" to buy the Wisdom boosting equip if you're going magic build.

Glasses right now are a bit OP though, but I think it's only because of universal use. Every build can use them well, and I haven't found anything that equips into the same slot yet, so there's basically zero reason not to buy one. Maybe they should also decrease attack so it's not a must have?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
The glasses are sold by the same guy who sells the magic stuff, so it should easy to see that they increase Wisdom and buy them if you're playing magic. I do agree that it's a bit unintuitive that they buff so much(I think my magic damage nearly doubled when I used them), but I don't think it's something that "only some people know" to buy the Wisdom boosting equip if you're going magic build.

Glasses right now are a bit OP though, but I think it's only because of universal use. Every build can use them well, and I haven't found anything that equips into the same slot yet, so there's basically zero reason not to buy one. Maybe they should also decrease attack so it's not a must have?
I'm not talking about buying the glasses as a wis build not be intuitive, I'm talking about the money making aspect of using them to super farm herbs early on. If you aren't going magic, you wouldn't think to drop 4k on a magic item, even though it can quickly pay itself off. If the buff was only 1-4 wis or something, you'd probably be better off buying a better physical weapon to kill harder enemies for example. I avoided it as a money making method, not as a magic build player lol.

I'm trying to go through the game as vanilla as possible, only using what the game naturally leads you to to judge the balance of this game for feedback and such. I'm not meta gaming for OP shit (Just yet anyways). This is one of the only games I've cared about enough to test so thoroughly in quite a while. After the stamina/rest improvement, this game is really amazing.

Last edited:

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
I've heard a lot of talk about a dog companion, but I don't think i've explored enough of the map to find it, so could someone tell me where I could find it?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I've heard a lot of talk about a dog companion, but I don't think i've explored enough of the map to find it, so could someone tell me where I could find it?
In the tavern, just right of the bedroom you can sleep in with the inn key is a door staircase that leads to another floor/room of the tavern. It's surprisingly nondescript and easy to miss, lol. Fair warning, the dog companion loves to jump in front of your attacks if you're using a mid range weapon, you'll probably kill him.

Last edited:

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
I'm not talking about buying the glasses as a wis build not be intuitive, I'm talking about the money making aspect of using them to super farm herbs early on. If you aren't going magic, you wouldn't think to drop 4k on a magic item, even though it can quickly pay itself off. If the buff was only 1-4 wis or something, you'd probably be better off buying a better physical weapon to kill harder enemies for example. I avoided it as a money making method, not as a magic build player lol.

I'm trying to go through the game as vanilla as possible, only using what the game naturally leads you to to judge the balance of this game for feedback and such. I'm not meta gaming for OP shit (Just yet anyways).
Yeah, that's a bit of a harder problem to solve. Even if other builds got accessories that helped them out, there would still be no reason not to equip the glasses every time you foraged or sold things. It sounds kinda weird if the "optimal" way to play involved that micromanagement in the future.

I guess the solution would be making the glasses choice more "permanent" like maybe making timid Lona need glasses and other Lonas can't wear them.

SealFkU

Apr 2, 2020
Fuck i just relised i had been playing hardcore from the start. Should i restart, i barely have anything left
bla.PNG bla2.PNG

Last edited:

InnocentKiss5

PassionateWeeb
Donor
Jan 13, 2020
can lona not give birth or how much longer do i have to wait??! or is abortion the only route for now??

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
how are people able to play when i cannot even start the game
Read the readme, the answer to your problem is listed there.

Q: DLL error when launching?
A: _CommonRedist/vcredist/2013/vcredist_x86.exe
Q: SAME.
A: turn off your shitty anti virus, unpack the game again.
A: del System/F1AltEnterF12.dll and play, do not report any bug.

I recommend just deleting the 'F1AltEnterF12.dll ' file, that's what I did anyways.

Jan 26, 2018
Read the readme, the answer to your problem is listed there.

Q: DLL error when launching?
A: _CommonRedist/vcredist/2013/vcredist_x86.exe
A: turn off your shitty anti virus, unpack the game again.
A: del System/F1AltEnterF12.dll and play, do not report any bug.

I recommend just deleting the 'F1AltEnterF12.dll ' file, that's what I did anyways.
Thank you I did as you said and now it seems to play. Puzzles me why they would include a file that would stop the games launch

UnknownBava

Jul 29, 2018
Too good you solved it.
But if someone is missing the RTP, here is the page to download them.
in some games they will need to change the region of the pc to japan

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes