Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
All the same, throwing weapons are not particularly useful to me, only if the escaping enemy is slowed down, but the damage is not enough. The best option is if Scout is pumped to use the Enhanced dagger to inflict damage in the back, then change to a shield. Bow as an additional weapon. Halberd as a weapon for killing a group of weak opponents

Paladox

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
how do u waste the day? keep sleeping?
I couldn't afford to waste days. In order to survive while also not being in too much danger I had to live in the rainforests to the East of town. There you can find plenty of food and collect herbs without running into too many enemies. It's surprisingly peaceful there. I do not think it would be possible on hardcore but YMMV (you lose more food & stamina per vomit, any food can make Lona vomit if you don't have Omnivore trait, AND all this food you're collecting would disappear on hardcore). It's not necessary to survive but you can also trick boars into killing each other. They drop tons of meat.

It's not possible to live in the city while pregnant unless you have enough money to just waste for those 80 days. You can't dance because all the constant vomit will throw off your stamina numbers (and you'll probably wind up getting crowd raped). I especially wouldn't recommend doing quests while pregnant ("Excuse me Mr. Monster. I need to puke my guts out again. Then we fight! BLEGH!").

Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
Where do I find this Cocoa?
I've explored the entire map and I don't think I've ever met her.
The quest will appear after you clean up the cemetery.

maybe a little later on the quests, if in order to invite her to the group you will need to read ALL the letters found in the tomb

nsfwgamerv

Aug 15, 2018
when doing the assassination quest from golden bar when you meet the target there are dialogue choices.
both choices seems to make them go after me. I feel like there could be an event here. am I missing some requirements or is there no event at all?

also is there a way to prostitute in the golden bar? the moment i get dirty i cant even barter with the store anymore to exchange for coins and you cant take a bath inside the bar either.

Last edited:

murderinc

Sep 27, 2017
The quest will appear after you clean up the cemetery.

maybe a little later on the quests, if in order to invite her to the group you will need to read ALL the letters found in the tomb
Do you mean after finishing the repeatable cemetery quest?
I've done that a bunch of times and still nothing...

Paladox

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It seems to take a lot of effort to do quests but the payout doesn't really match.
Would it be possible to have quest payouts that are double, if players do not have hardcore enabled?

Also, I feel like Elise should pay 10,000 trade points per child, instead of 4,000.
I mean it is a lot of work.. and Elise seems rich enough that he could pay it.
And maybe hardcore payout could remain the same?

Btw is there any way to pick up items that drop at the edge of the screen? Just killed a boar and lost like 4 chunks of meat to the "Leave area" dialogue, rip.
Some food items also spawn at the edge of the map and get lost that way. It's also frustrating when grapes spawn behind a tree. Takes about 45 energy to chop a tree down for a 5 food item? Nope!

It would be nice if the edges of the map would just naturally repel anything that bumps into it. This way anything that spawns there (fruit, trees, etc..) or happens to pop off enemies and go there (like the boar meat) would get pushed back into the map.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Thanks, but part of it is seeing how long it takes to acquire the weapons. If you have the OP stuff too early, it's not possible to judge the balance/progression. If it takes so long to acquire weapons that they aren't much more useful than buying a weaker weapon earlier, that needs to be considered. With the way difficulty scales in this, I want to know how useful stuff is when it's naturally acquired basically. I'm sure the magic weapons are strong as fuck for their price lol.

Right now I don't know how I feel about the gap between the starter weapons and the mage weapons, because of how mana and HQ are mutually exclusive, it seems like maybe you either have to skip the mid tier weapons (HQ) or the end game stuff (Mana), guess I'll see. Maybe there's some HQ stuff that's good end game or some earlier mana weapons I haven't found yet. The bow was cool but I'm not sure it's worth being locked out of the mana weapons. The issue with the HQ having end game weapons as strong as the mana weapons means it could make the mana weapons pointless too. Get HQ earlier and you'll have strong mid game weapons that mana doesn't appear to have with no downsides.
Just keep in mind that physical weapons scale damage with combat skill while magic weapons cast spells that scale with wisdom. So these two types of weapons are pretty naturally mutually exclusive. If you spend points on physical weapons then your magic weapons would do little damage and vice-versa.

The magic weapons are kind of cool but ultimately fairly useless. Fireball wrecks faces but is too slow to be used against anything that attacks you fast. Water staff is cost-effective but still too slow to trade well against most enemies. The spellbooks are very stamina-intensive and do next to no damage. Overall I would say it's perhaps best to stick with physical weapons for now.

Deleted member #2204703

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
It seems to take a lot of effort to do quests but the payout doesn't really match.
Would it be possible to have quest payouts that are double, if players do not have hardcore enabled?

Also, I feel like Elise should pay 10,000 trade points per child, instead of 4,000.
I mean it is a lot of work.. and Elise seems rich enough that he could pay it.
And maybe hardcore payout could remain the same?
at highest seedbed LVL breeding goblin is very fast.
but i still agreed for higher price. or maybe the price is depend by child race.

beacuse elise is one of the earliest unique character ingame.
half his design still oudated like this.

Reactions: Pyankub and Paladox

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Just keep in mind that physical weapons scale damage with combat skill while magic weapons cast spells that scale with wisdom. So these two types of weapons are pretty naturally mutually exclusive. If you spend points on physical weapons then your magic weapons would do little damage and vice-versa.

The magic weapons are kind of cool but ultimately fairly useless. Fireball wrecks faces but is too slow to be used against anything that attacks you fast. Water staff is cost-effective but still too slow to trade well against most enemies. The spellbooks are very stamina-intensive and do next to no damage. Overall I would say it's perhaps best to stick with physical weapons for now.
Yeah I just got to them finally and I'd have to agree. They're extremely fun, but not really practical atm. Also a major issue is that using magic drains your mood, unlike melee weapons that improve it. Your attack and stats will naturally tank using magic heavily vs melee that can usually easily maintain max stats of happy (Unless fighting in the mines, those enemies seem to drastically harm your mood every time they hit you). The fire mainhand spell at the very least would be a good opener for ambushes and such, then maybe switch to frost staff. That seems a bit obnoxious to manage though. I still need to test the offhand weapons more to see if they can stand in for the weaknesses of the main hand well, but that means I need another 8k gold lol.

Boy about 3-4 points in herb gathering is really great for money making, that shit sells like crazy.

Edit: Oh wow, the frost offhand is LEAGUES above the others in practical use. It's way more versatile and useful for the kind of fights you'll usually have in this game with the aoe circle around you. That makes up for a lot of issues with the other magic weapons. The fire offhand is trash. If you use a melee weapon in main hand and frost in offhand, you can also balance the mood penalty of using magic. The frost offhand is the only magic weapon I'd feel comfy having on 24/7, it doesn't feel as situational as the others. It's the only magic I'd be willing to try to use in the mines, lol. Though the frost mainhand isn't terrible either, they do balance well together. The fire spells are just too hard to use against anything other than maybe undead.

For anybody curious:

Fire Mainhand (3 stamina): Cast a fireball that explodes after about 5 spaces for aoe damage. It can do a shit ton of damage but has like a 2 second cast time and can be interrupted, making it fairly useless once combat has already begun. The cast time of this is so slow that it can actually be difficult to even use against undead. I've had some wander off that were following me in time to avoid this. But man is it fun to use...

Ice Mainhand: (1 stamina): Ice bolt with 7 range. The damage is actually pretty good and it's super stamina efficient. The issue with this is the mood penalty of casting it repeatedly really adds up fast and will tank your stats if it's relied on heavily. Without the mood penalty it would be incredibly strong, but since the spell needs to be spammed, meh. Depends on how much you value mood. It's definitely better than fire mainhand though. I just don't know if you'd want to use it over the ice offhand.

Fire Offhand: (S attack 4 stamina): Targets an area around you and lights it on fire, dealing damage to enemies that walk into it. The problem with this is it only seems to trigger once or twice on most enemies and it makes it really obvious that enemies aren't often where they appear to be. The damage isn't high enough to really be worth it, you'll just tickle some enemies. The only upside really is you can target specific tiles, which can be useful at times (Or hurt you).

Fire Offhand: (D attack 4 stamina): Lobs a fireball that explodes for aoe damage, targetted like the S spell. With this a non direct hit will do a bit less damage though and any moving enemy will make it difficult to get full damage. Not really enough damage for the stamina cost. It's odd that these both cost more than the fire mainhand weapon and do a fraction of the damage. I know they're meant to be offhands and not as directly damage dealers, but eh.

The targeted nature I'd say actually hurts both of these more often than being helpful since it's so difficult to get full damage with them and the way enemies aren't always where they appear to be hitbox wise. If you have a stationary target, you'd be better off using the Fire Mainhand. It also forces you to stop moving for a bit and pick a tile, which can be obnoxious when you're getting hammered by a swarm of insects/rats/goblins or whatever. That these can both be interrupted and that they force you to stand still to target enemies makes these rather useless. The more I test these targetted spells, the less I like them.

Ice Offhand: (S attack 3 stamina): This is a frost aoe around your character (will hit 2 spaces around you). This is the only spell that feels worth the 12000 cost immediately (4k glasses, 8k spellbook). It does a decent amount of damage (About as much as a max happy pitchfork) to undead and best of all, it's actually practical to use in most situations since combat lasts so long and enemies pile up on you quickly in a lot of areas like the mines. It does have a mood penalty of 2 to offset it, but with as quickly as you can kill a ton of enemies, it doesn't feel as bad as the other options. This is the only spell I'd really consider to be reliable enough to use as a main weapon, though the Ice Mainhand is close, I'll have to test it more.

Ice Offhand: (D attack 4 stamina): Like the S attack of the Fire Offhand, but seems to strike enemies more often and can also briefly stun some enemies (Not undead). It feels a bit more useful to me than the firewall, but I haven't tested either against all types of enemies.

Last edited:

Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
it’s easier to buy glasses that immediately give +15 wis (I buy at the very beginning of the game by selling 2 large coins and a hairstyle)

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
Money is honestly extremely easy to come by with a wisdom build. Pump everything into Wisdom, buy glasses, and camp out in the east rainforests. You will rack up a ton of herbs/fruit and they will sell for a lot. Never worry about money again. I think this only works with non hardcore though.

Also you actually get less copper coins for doing the mission for the herbs than just selling them with enough wisdom. Note that you will miss 500 exp for the quest, but it takes over 15 stamina to walk back and forth to Elise so you can just sell the herbs and bathe for exp instead. If this wasn't intended, I suggest that you could do the mission "in bulk" and give like 40 herbs at once instead of walking back and forth over and over giving 4 herbs to Elise, or increase the reward with more wisdom too.

Meta discussion, missions give much less money than the wisdom foraging strategy while being more of a pain to do, which probably should be looked at. Just a bit though, there aren't that many expensive things in the game so giving a ton of money easily will have Lona rich and never needing to do anything else in no time.

Reactions: Tektaara

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018

Fire staff is bad because cast time is large. Buy the water staff instead. Costs 1 stamina and no cast time. Also buy the water book instead of the fire book, water book has a push back shockwave that's useful if you get surrounded. Magic is very viable.

Yeah I just got to them finally and I'd have to agree. They're extremely fun, but not really practical atm. Also a major issue is that using magic drains your mood, unlike melee weapons that improve it. Your attack and stats will naturally tank using magic heavily vs melee that can usually easily maintain max stats of happy (Unless fighting in the mines, those enemies seem to drastically harm your mood every time they hit you). The fire mainhand spell at the very least would be a good opener for ambushes and such, then maybe switch to frost staff. That seems a bit obnoxious to manage though. I still need to test the offhand weapons more to see if they can stand in for the weaknesses of the main hand well, but that means I need another 8k gold lol.

Boy about 3-4 points in herb gathering is really great for money making, that shit sells like crazy.
Mood only affects attack, you can be permanently depressed as magic Lona and it doesn't matter. Chug stamina pots and kill everything, it's very easy with magic.

EDIT: Also don't use magic if you're not a Timid Lona, and wear glasses. The personalities you take have large effects on stats. If you're going physical, take the Tough Lona.

Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
A couple of quests are not translated, but in general it’s clear what to do, I had only 1 problem in the castle in the west, I tried to kill a ded with scythe for quest ... well, what can I say, paired miniguns are both cool and painful xD

XoXeXa

Dec 24, 2017
I thought due to "version outdated" save file. This mission is untranslated.

btw i can feel massive FPS improvement in this new update...

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes