tokilli

Dec 24, 2018
Code:
def process_player_target(target,distance,signal,sensor_type)
   if(signal > target.scoutcraft*1.5)
   elsif (signal > target.scoutcraft)
   end
end
Don't be tricked with "distance" attribute. It's not used in this function.
However, there is an entire logic on "Signal" attribute, different NPC have different sensors and on each action that Signal calculates with range, strength and all, also different layers of 'Perception'
So... with some input "signal", if that "signal" > your scoutcraft (1:1) - enemy will lost your target and move near last known location.
And if that signal > your scoutcraft * 1.5, enemy will stick to you and attack.
So each point in SC will effectively reduce the range of aggro.
For instance, if you have 5 and signal was some noise of 8, enemy will attack you straightforward, because 8 > 5*1.5 = 8>7.5
But(t), if you move away for 1 cell, the same signal will be calculated as 6, so the enemy will be just "alerted", maybe turn around and move to check if it's "must've been the wind"

U asked for this
so it affects it i just wanted to know, if not i would just leave scout at 3 :LOL:, thanks for the answer glad to know i didnt wasted my points

brazilla

May 30, 2021
Code:
def process_player_target(target,distance,signal,sensor_type)
   if(signal > target.scoutcraft*1.5)
   elsif (signal > target.scoutcraft)
   end
end
Don't be tricked with "distance" attribute. It's not used in this function.
However, there is an entire logic on "Signal" attribute, different NPC have different sensors and on each action that Signal calculates with range, strength and all, also different layers of 'Perception'
So... with some input "signal", if that "signal" > your scoutcraft (1:1) - enemy will lost your target and move near last known location.
And if that signal > your scoutcraft * 1.5, enemy will stick to you and attack.
So each point in SC will effectively reduce the range of aggro.
For instance, if you have 5 and signal was some noise of 8, enemy will attack you straightforward, because 8 > 5*1.5 = 8>7.5
But(t), if you encrease your SCU to 6, 8 > 6 and 8 < 6*1.5 (9) --- so the enemy will be just "alerted", maybe turn around and move to check if it's "must've been the wind"
Also, bonus from equipment helps.

U asked for this
get the same thing as I trace the code.
wanna add up something on the npc detection/signal strength: it depends on sensor type and their SCU

Sensor Type
eye: human, moot, non hostile fishkind ppl
nose: Abomination, animal
close nose: moon worm, meat toilet
multi: goblin, fishkind, deepone
multi_short: undead

Sensor Strength
Multi(eye + nose) > eye(better front vision) ~= nose (better side vision) > multi_short ~= CloseNose

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
get the same thing as I trace the code.
wanna add up something on the npc detection/signal strength: it depends on sensor type and their SCU

Sensor Type
eye: human, moot, non hostile fishkind ppl
nose: Abomination, animal
close nose: moon worm, meat toilet
multi: goblin, fishkind, deepone
multi_short: undead

Sensor Strength
Multi(eye + nose) > eye(better front vision) ~= nose (better side vision) > multi_short ~= CloseNose
there are meat toilets other than Lona?

AiFrame

Jun 27, 2021
*LonaRPG [v0.5.8.2.4 Beta] English Fan Translation Patch V2*
And as a mod.
I'll leave it as a static link, so I can update it any time.

BTW, if you want to use this translation entirely, just chose "MTL" as your game language lol.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
if lona gets infested with parasites, she will gain pee and poo need rapidly while walking around. every time she pees or poops, she will spawn out worms, which do not attack her, but will attack her enemies and everyone else around, occupying them and giving them debuffs when they get infested as well. you or the enemies can also kill them and eat/cook the meat, and they can drop a lot of meat, so you never run out of food.

so now poor Lona is incontinent and full worms, walking around vomiting and covered in her own piss and shit and constantly pissing and shitting herself, but she can deploy half a dozen worm pets into combat every time this happens and this causes a massive distraction that pins enemies in place so you can snipe them.

also, this miserable existence qualifies as "happy (Stack:4)". truly a dark world."
Now that's what I call Emergent Gameplay.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
That's news to me, how do you break him out?
Huh, figured it out, he's a pretty good companion too, he finds vegetables for you when you're traveling. Only problem is he got stuck a few times on his quest and I had to reload, seems to happen when he fucks an enemy.

Last edited:

Aerrae

Apr 26, 2020
Temple near the middle of Fishtopia if I remember right.
You have to solve a helltaker-style puzzle to get to her.
Sorry I'm a dumb bitch and realized the search function can be used in this thread specifically, thanks for replying~

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes