rngtan

Jul 9, 2018
How many clothing options are there in the game? We have the Civilian set (ATK/DEF), the Golden set (Sexy) and the Leather/Hunter set (DEF/SPD/SUR/SCU). Have I missed something?

AiFrame

Jun 27, 2021
How many clothing options are there in the game? We have the Civilian set (ATK/DEF), the Golden set (Sexy) and the Leather/Hunter set (DEF/SPD/SUR/SCU). Have I missed something?
Rags. They have their use. For begging as an example. For boosting stealth. And... thats all.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
Rags increase SCU and weakness, which doesn't sound amazing but then you realize with high weakness human/orkind/fishmen enemies hit you less and try to rape more, giving you advantage in combat.

Reactions: Yukihirou

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
I'm sorry, but how exactly did you make him your companion? he doesn't react to the z-button
After he rapes you in your cell a couple times he'll get a quest icon over his head, if you take it he busts you out of prison and your goal is to get him and yourself out of the camp. If you succeed he'll be in a forest southwest of the bandit camp where he's recruitable.

Reactions: fire2244

tetragramat

Jan 11, 2018
I've made translation tool for LonaRPG.

New version of translation tool:

It extracts untranslated texts into translate.txt file which you need to translate using google and then run import to replace untranslated texts with translations.
It works on all versions.

Watch tutorial and read README.txt before asking anything. I do not visit this site so do not ask me questions here.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Git gut.
Gamers nowadays need a guide to take a shit. Explore, try, test, think (mark, think)
Then this game should have EASY difficulty, instead of Hard at minimum. With no HP loss, no hunger, no time pressure, all enemies die from a punch and you can leave island anytime you want because Captian is a nice guy and Lona is a princess.
Have fun.
Yeah but if somebody is explicitly asking for help without shitting on the game, it's pretty clearly not a time to say "get gud". You save that for the people who blame their inability to play the game well on shitty game design/mechanics (That doesn't deserve that), which the dude here wasn't doing.

I like this game, but the H scenes are too strong for me... i don't want give up, but i need a guide.
Didn't blame shitty game design, just straight up admitted that it was too difficult for them and asked for help. Legit time to give tips/help. Save the dickery and "get guds"s for people who deserve it a bit at least. Scare off the narcissists that blame everybody else for their problems, not the legit newbies having trouble. We all had trouble starting this game, at least for a while.

There's no shortage of people who come in here throwing a bitch fit and screaming that the game is shit because they can't figure out the basics, lol. We should try to be kind to the people who are humble. Don't need the community dying due to elitism.

Last edited:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
A game that can smash you into paste in the first five minutes while it's explaining the systems to you? No. That's just bad design.
How is it a bad design? Aint that part of the tutorial, show you how thing works in said game?

TBH, I don't like games which don't respect players time, force you to waste countless hours to figure how things work without direction / hints, "gives you a shield without telling you how to use it". Not everyone can sit down to play games all day.

But LonaRPG has a very good tutorial, not only show how thing works, but also what the game is like. Pretty much like FromSoftware titles.

And "Git Gud" is just a toxic / edgy phrase if not used for sarcasm nowadays. "Have you ever considered to get good?" Like LOL

Reactions: Yukihirou

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
How is it a bad design? Aint that part of the tutorial, show you how thing works in said game?
It's part of the tutorial phase if it shows you how to make it NOT happen as well.
I provided an example of a game that tells you nothing of defence in the Off Topic spoiler.
That game might be good - by accounts it is - but I have a shield. I never saw the game telling me how to use it.

LonaRPG's tutorial dungeon is really good. And the hints it throws at you if you do certain things are good at explaining things. That, I like.
When "New Game" hints force a player to be killed before explanations of systems are done, I have problems.
It's like trying to run before you can walk. Punishing without reasonable proof of guilt.

TBF, I know now that I could have avoided this death. But that's NOW. The point is incomplete explanation of systems can lead to player problems, especially when hew to the game.

Last edited:

AiFrame

Jun 27, 2021
Yeah but if somebody is explicitly asking for help without shitting on the game, it's pretty clearly not a time to say "get gud". You save that for the people who blame their inability to play the game well on shitty game design/mechanics (That doesn't deserve that), which the dude here wasn't doing.

Didn't blame shitty game design, just straight up admitted that it was too difficult for them and asked for help. Legit time to give tips/help. Save the dickery and "get guds"s for people who deserve it a bit at least. Scare off the narcissists that blame everybody else for their problems, not the legit newbies having trouble. We all had trouble starting this game, at least for a while.

There's no shortage of people who come in here throwing a bitch fit and screaming that the game is shit because they can't figure out the basics, lol. We should try to be kind to the people who are humble. Don't need the community dying due to elitism.
Okay, my bad on reacting like that. But I still recommend DO NOT read any guides and explore the game by self. If you read guide, the expirience will be ruined entirely. You will know easy ways of food managing, food farming, somehow OP "builds", etc.
This game gives you an opportunity to quest the whole island or research your comfort combat strategies on your own. If you read Teh GUIDE, what else where will be left for you? Speedrun for 20 gold coins and uninstall? One evening of rolling over with cheatcodes? Meh...

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
It's part of the tutorial phase if it shows you how to make it NOT happen as well.
I provided an example of a game that tells you nothing of defence in the Off Topic spoiler.
That game might be good - by accounts it is - but I have a shield. I never saw the game telling me how to use it.

LonaRPG's tutorial dungeon is really good. And the hints it throws at you if you do certain things are good at explaining things. That, I like.
When "New Game" hints force a player to be killed before explanations of systems are done, I have problems.
It's like trying to run before you can walk. Punishing without reasonable proof of guilt.

TBF, I know now that I could have avoided this death. But that's NOW. The point is incomplete explanation of systems can lead to player problems, especially when hew to the game.
What I mean is "die often" is part of these games (like FromSoftware titles), by experiencing death during the explanations of its systems, you learn:
  • what the game is like - you will die a lot. (aka if you don't like dying often then it's not a game for you)
  • the consequences of dying
  • how to avoid death if direction / hints are given
But yeah, there's a fine line there if the hints are purposely left out, or they just kill you for the sake of killing you. That's "not respecting the player".

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Okay, my bad on reacting like that. But I still recommend DO NOT read any guides and explore the game by self. If you read guide, the expirience will be ruined entirely. You will know easy ways of food managing, food farming, somehow OP "builds", etc.
This game gives you an opportunity to quest the whole island or research your comfort combat strategies on your own. If you read Teh GUIDE, what else where will be left for you? Speedrun for 20 gold coins and uninstall? One evening of rolling over with cheatcodes? Meh...
You still doesn't get it. It's only YOUR preference.
Let people to have their OWN fun whatever they see fit. (AKA don't tell people how they "SHOULD" play their games)

AiFrame

Jun 27, 2021
If you dont care about THEIR expirience in this - sure.
And as they have their own fun, i could have my own opinion on what is meant to be fun in this.
So you dont tell me DO NOT tell anyone to NOT use guides and explore.

rngtan

Jul 9, 2018
Now that I have a better feel for the game (cleared most of the quests on Hard) I crave for a little bit of meta gaming. I have some questions:

Is Sexy the same as Sex Attack? We kinda use these terms interchangably and I do not know whether they are the same or whether one is a derived stat.

Does the SUR bonus from the Timid trait help in reaching the conditions for Alchemy? Does the Hunter set?

The SunGlass item looks like a joke with how good it is. I presume it isn't available in the game proper?

Is there a way to deliberately induce the Fun status?

Is there a way to reduce the stamina or time cost on the overworld?

Searching this thread tells me that the musket heavy attack damage was 75 + 2 * WIS - 2.5 * enemy SUR. Looking through the files tells me that it is 30, although that one is under MusketCurved. It also says that it costs 60 health, which is worrysome. Normally projectile effects are under the Missile files and also have a non-curved version. At any rate, I read it as 30 + WIS - enemy SUR right now. How does the musket heavy attack work? Does it really deal 60 damage to yourself?

Is the musket viable? I do not think that I have the correct data to assess it properly. If the base damage really is only 30, then most sapient enemies can more than negate a large chunk with their SUR. I can't compare it to the longbow because that one compares against defense, which is a derived stat and not in the NPC data. Comparing it to magic is hard because enemy SUR only migrates half of the damage - I think.

The damage from MissleFireBall looks pathetic with its 0.1 WIS multiplier. Does the damage come from another source? The molotov effect maybe?

Which file is for longbow arrows and which one for rocks?

What is the difference between a Goblin, a Hobgoblin, and an Orc. Do all of them fall under Orkind?

What is the most accessible way to farm ears for the "Teach the Orkinds fear" quest? One of the perks of the cemetery quest is that it can be cleared within one time unit without consuming additional stamina (pairing with Indy) and still dance; you can earn roughly 14 copper coins with that in half a day. The squatter quest is even more efficient, although navigating the sewers with companions is a bit annoying. To compete with these I would need to clear it in two time units (or save prisoners, but that takes RL time, too). Which areas are good for that?

How do you get pregnant? Can I save scum it, and at which point should I? Furthermore, how do I identify a Deep One? I did see a big one in a cutscene, but not actually in the temple. The game classify all of the Deepone files as Fishkind. Do these scrawny, blue ones suffice or do I have to seek out the big one?

jackymkc

Aug 7, 2021
very funny discussion for me. the game DO very hard for new, that world is crazy and tough for a NORMAL little girl in middle Ages. target audience of the game are those who like challenging. if someone think it's too hard, simplly quit it. Don't know why need complaining.

ResanDochez

Apr 3, 2021
Now that I have a better feel for the game (cleared most of the quests on Hard) I crave for a little bit of meta gaming. I have some questions:

Is Sexy the same as Sex Attack? We kinda use these terms interchangably and I do not know whether they are the same or whether one is a derived stat.

Does the SUR bonus from the Timid trait help in reaching the conditions for Alchemy? Does the Hunter set?

The SunGlass item looks like a joke with how good it is. I presume it isn't available in the game proper?

Is there a way to deliberately induce the Fun status?

Is there a way to reduce the stamina or time cost on the overworld?

Searching this thread tells me that the musket heavy attack damage was 75 + 2 * WIS - 2.5 * enemy SUR. Looking through the files tells me that it is 30, although that one is under MusketCurved. It also says that it costs 60 health, which is worrysome. Normally projectile effects are under the Missile files and also have a non-curved version. At any rate, I read it as 30 + WIS - enemy SUR right now. How does the musket heavy attack work? Does it really deal 60 damage to yourself?

Is the musket viable? I do not think that I have the correct data to assess it properly. If the base damage really is only 30, then most sapient enemies can more than negate a large chunk with their SUR. I can't compare it to the longbow because that one compares against defense, which is a derived stat and not in the NPC data. Comparing it to magic is hard because enemy SUR only migrates half of the damage - I think.

The damage from MissleFireBall looks pathetic with its 0.1 WIS multiplier. Does the damage come from another source? The molotov effect maybe?

Which file is for longbow arrows and which one for rocks?

What is the difference between a Goblin, a Hobgoblin, and an Orc. Do all of them fall under Orkind?

What is the most accessible way to farm ears for the "Teach the Orkinds fear" quest? One of the perks of the cemetery quest is that it can be cleared within one time unit without consuming additional stamina (pairing with Indy) and still dance; you can earn roughly 14 copper coins with that in half a day. The squatter quest is even more efficient, although navigating the sewers with companions is a bit annoying. To compete with these I would need to clear it in two time units (or save prisoners, but that takes RL time, too). Which areas are good for that?

How do you get pregnant? Can I save scum it, and at which point should I? Furthermore, how do I identify a Deep One? I did see a big one in a cutscene, but not actually in the temple. The game classify all of the Deepone files as Fishkind. Do these scrawny, blue ones suffice or do I have to seek out the big one?
1. No, Sexy mean how atractive you are, i think is only usseful for hookers. Sexy attack increases the more skillful Lona is with the part of the body that is being used, the more points it has in resistance, as well as putting on the traits of nympho and whore of babylon. I don't know the exact mathematical formula

2. No, you need 10 skills points on SUR

3. IDK, i never got it :c

4. Pet cocona :3

5. I don't know, but walking or running on a path will always be better than doing it outside of it.

6 & 7. IDK., but I plan to test it soon on a overleveled lona and compare it to the longbow

8. yes, is pathetic

9.IDK sorry :c

10. Yes, the only diferences are the Stats

11. I like to go to the tower that is to the north, it is not the most efficient way, but I like to save the girls they have there, when you save many they give a lot of experience and money when you return to the inn, you can also farm raw meat and the chest that they have there, although the loot is not so good

12. to get pregnant you just have to fill Lona with cum and not clean it, leave the cum in there and it will eventually disappear on its own, over time Lona will experience pregnancy symptoms such as sudden vomiting.

if what you want is to give birth to a "deep one" you just have to fuck a Fishkind and get pregnant, there is a 50/50 that a Deep one or a fishkind comes out, you can just wait for Lona to start vomiting and then abort (save before doing it) Elise will tell you what species the baby was, if it was a Deep one you just have to load the game, if it wasn't just try again.

sorry for bad english, it's not my mother language

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes