Jon564

Jul 20, 2017
I find using the musket against bandits (the legit ones) is quicker and more effective. The reload takes a second or a half and each shot slows them down when one of them is chasing you, giving you a wide window to shoot them again if your speed is high enough (Having the "Fun" and "Joy" trait helps with that). Not to mention that you can aim by tile unlike the bow (even thought the bow is awesome aswell). Now that I think about it... The useage of traps, hit & run stealth tactics, yup... I turned my Lona into a VietCong! xD

I do find it a little wierd how when I shoot the taller Orkinds, it only does around like 15 damage, same goes for bandit archers. But if you shoot the giant ogre fucks, it does the same damage to them like the rest of the enemies.

On a side note: The whip is actually quite fun to use, even if it deals like 15 damage, unlike my 29 damage sabre. BUT, the whip seems to specifically target body parts, which incapacitates the enemy within after like 5 hits, depending on whom you're fighting.

Lastly, the halberd, this weapon should be only used if your Lona is built like a tank, for you can't dodge or block while wielding it.
there's a fucking musket?!?! Hell yea! Now i'm hoping for some chainsaw doom style.
Tbh I only discovered this game this weekend and i have 8 hours in, So idk all the meta yet, My first game was Tough persona, and my jam was stealth+bow, It was wiping enemies left and right, But it was kinda bummer that every sex scene was brutal rape.
However, now my persona is absolute Nympho, Whore of Babylon is a praise compare to my play style, Tho bosses are still a pain in the fucking ass, Can't figure out how to take them easily.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Reactions: HerrLeutnant

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
This game won't updated any more I presume, controls are awkward as fuck for me at least and some stuff exist, but without functionality like bow...
Like others explained, you need to learn a certain skill to use higher tier weapons. Believe me when I say controls are 200% better than what was seen 10 months ago, it's really smooth and work as intended now.
Also I have no idea what I'm doing, I guess combat is awkward as fk... some icons appear, randomly loose clothes, why, how, I will never know, someone mentioned kiting, I'm like WTF how??? and there's sex combat, that also what, how it works, f-ing clue... feels like would better of turn-based fully not this weird mix.
Since you're newbie, you don't want to get into close quarter fighting right off the bat, enemis have a chance to disarm or removing your clothes. Dodge, move around and don't let them hit you. If you want to stay in one place and trade blows, then do so under the protection of a shield, buy one ASAP and learn how to block attacks. Enemis also have chances to inflict injuries on you (the icons you mentioned) which debuffs you greatly until you rest (how long depends on number of injuries), this is another reason I don't recomment close quarter fighting unless you're familiar with the game and enemy movement.
Like the game is kind of long? When you get captured you still can escape etc... but don't see how you gonna manage without items, keep living in wilderness naked? -.-'
For newbies, capture is just a glorified game over mode. Don't think too hard about it, just reload for now.

Well, do as the tutorial told you, invest 3 or 5 points into SCU for now and learn to stay in stealth, it is your best friend in this game, stay in the shadow, be a ghost.

Reactions: Nekoryuuha

CaptainMan

Sep 23, 2020
3 STEALTH is actually enough. You could invest in 10 SUR instead to set trap and cauldron. You could throw stones to lure enemies then you could utilize juicing skill better. Juicing perk requires prostitution trait and doesn't rely to stats to get unlocked, but rely on Constitution to maximize the stamina damage inflicted upon enemies.
alright thanks, not sure what i was doing wrong, but 3 points in stealth when i upgraded to 6.02 was easier for some reason on that quest

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018

kained

Jul 7, 2020
Has a lot changed since 0.4.4.3? I enjoyed this game a lot. Compelling dark fantasy, awesome artwork, and full of ryona material. A cruel world for a cute protagonist. I have to play this again.

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
The mission to save the merchant's daughter is hard or impossible to finish due to the fact that the terrain in the area near the cave costs 10 or even 13 time/stamina to travel through and somehow if you switch from daylight to night time or vice versa the rescued daugther will just reset she will be back in the cave if the day/night cylce activated.

Anyone got any fix or solution on this one ? or this a bug.

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
there's a fucking musket?!?! Hell yea! Now i'm hoping for some chainsaw doom style.
Tbh I only discovered this game this weekend and i have 8 hours in, So idk all the meta yet, My first game was Tough persona, and my jam was stealth+bow, It was wiping enemies left and right, But it was kinda bummer that every sex scene was brutal rape.
However, now my persona is absolute Nympho, Whore of Babylon is a praise compare to my play style, Tho bosses are still a pain in the fucking ass, Can't figure out how to take them easily.
Yup! Just don't take Milo's assassination mission for now. Or in other words don't accept it until you've did thieving jobs for Adam. ^_^
I might be a minority here, but the sex scenes kinda get old pretty quick, atleast for me it did. Not knocking anyone that enjoy them though! I did however try to get captured on purpose for the sole purpose of escaping... For roleplaying purposes. I like to imagine my Lona becoming a man-hating rage beast that uses her one month worth of rape trauma to justify her murder spree! ^_^

Read my older post about this. Numbers may change but formula still the same I guess.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-6-0-2-beta-eccma417.49993/post-5139413
Thank you dearly for putting everything into perspective! Now everything makes sense.

Reactions: DaiReth and Jon564

Jon564

Jul 20, 2017
Yup! Just don't take Milo's assassination mission for now. Or in other words don't accept it until you've did thieving jobs for Adam. ^_^
I might be a minority here, but the sex scenes kinda get old pretty quick, atleast for me it did. Not knocking anyone that enjoy them though! I did however try to get captured on purpose for the sole purpose of escaping... For roleplaying purposes. I like to imagine my Lona becoming a man-hating rage beast that uses her one month worth of rape trauma to justify her murder spree! ^_^
Well i'm still finding new sex scenes, so it doesn't get old, Plus i'm absolutely in love and invested with this dark world, I can't get enough of it, Even repeated sex animations in a new setting is exciting for me.
First time i played i got purposely capture by the orcs in the sewer, I couldn't escape for the life of me, I thought it was just an endgame mechanic lol
Tho i'm totally seeing myself becoming a doomslayer on my second playthrough, This game is seriously fun.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
The mission to save the merchant's daughter is hard or impossible to finish due to the fact that the terrain in the area near the cave costs 10 or even 13 time/stamina to travel through and somehow if you switch from daylight to night time or vice versa the rescued daugther will just reset she will be back in the cave if the day/night cylce activated.
For any journey far from towns, always come prepared, what's to be prepared you ask ?

Food: human body can't function properly without 3 meals a day, for hard physical activities, double that amount. Now you take this number and double it because you want to be sure and careful about your journey. 3x2x2 = 12, bring 12 foodstuffs with you. Now you want food for the return trip as well unless you manage to hunt some games on your way back or robbed foods from the greenskin but since the return trip is basically just a road trip, no fighting, you need 6. 12 + 6 = 18. But hey, one cannot be too careful, bring extra 3 for 1 perhaps unaccounted for day in the wild, 18 + 3 = 21.

Medicine: Prepare as above, med for sickness, for healing and for stuffs.

Tools:Woodlogs, buy it cheap and in bunk from merchant or the bar because you don't want to make a stop in the middle of nowhere and chop trees in the wild, conserve your force for the fighting ahead. You need it both for cooking and for traps, 5 is enough, 8-15 if you're careful. It's cheap, just buy alot, you can dumb them whenever you want.
Rocks: seriously, you need it for stealth and traps, just gather alot of them, dumb them when you don't need them.

Have fun trekking the mountainrange. Do this until you're acquainted with the areas and know them like the back of your hand, then you can safely go anywhere luggage free. Until then, always come prepared.

Reactions: agriasoaks

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
For any journey far from towns, always come prepared, what's to be prepared you ask ?

Food: human body can't function properly without 3 meals a day, for hard physical activities, double that amount. Now you take this number and double it because you want to be sure and careful about your journey. 3x2x2 = 12, bring 12 foodstuffs with you. Now you want food for the return trip as well unless you manage to hunt some games on your way back or robbed foods from the greenskin but since the return trip is basically just a road trip, no fighting, you need 6. 12 + 6 = 18. But hey, one cannot be too careful, bring extra 3 for 1 perhaps unaccounted for day in the wild, 18 + 3 = 21.

Medicine: Prepare as above, med for sickness, for healing and for stuffs.

Tools:Woodlogs, buy it cheap and in bunk from merchant or the bar because you don't want to make a stop in the middle of nowhere and chop trees in the wild, conserve your force for the fighting ahead. You need it both for cooking and for traps, 5 is enough, 8-15 if you're careful. It's cheap, just buy alot, you can dumb them whenever you want.
Rocks: seriously, you need it for stealth and traps, just gather alot of them, dumb them when you don't need them.

Have fun trekking the mountainrange. Do this until you're acquainted with the areas and know them like the back of your hand, then you can safely go anywhere luggage free. Until then, always come prepared.
Thank you for the reply and give me the in depth tutorial on the extensive preparations.

Turn out that the quest for the merchant's daugther had indeed a bug, if one tries to rescue all the victims inside of the cave the merchant's daughter unable to be interacted when you're near the final exit from the cave to make her stand instead of crawling.

Also there is a condition in the quest that to not rest, when you changes cycle day/night or vice versa the character automatically rest thus reset the merchant's daughter again this is my fault for rescuing too much of the victims should have concentrated only the merchant's daughter so that the merchant's daughter to not suffer bug that you can't talk/interact with her when nearing the exit of the cave to make her stand so that the day/night cycle doesn't affect if the main character rest the merchant daughter will reset back to the cave again.

Yeah I leave the cave when she still not standing due to the bug and when I walk / trek across the highly time consuming places it hit day/night cycle and the merchant's daughter got reset back into the cave.

I learn my mistake as I read the walkthrough tutorial in front of the page.

Turn out after all this time the bug to rescue all the girls seems to not have been fixed yet up till now. So the quick fix is just not to save everyone and just save the merchant daugther. Then when near the exit of the cave interact with the merchant's daugther to make her stand.

Oddly enough though when I am report the quest. The Guild reward me for rescuing the other girls , I did repeat it several times like 4 times in a go.

So I got the quest reward for the merchant's daugther and the bonuses from rescuing the victims earlier that I repeated several times till I get it right turn out it was counted.

Again thank you for the reply and the extensive in depth tutorial on the preparations for quest.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Yukihirou

Haha February

Aug 24, 2020
Unrelated but I was playing Minecraft and this ost reminds me of this game. I dunno but i think it fits really well. like some abandoned village in an eldritch horror game.

Reactions: kuno99

jackymkc

Aug 7, 2021
I find using the musket against bandits (the legit ones) is quicker and more effective. The reload takes a second or a half and each shot slows them down when one of them is chasing you, giving you a wide window to shoot them again if your speed is high enough (Having the "Fun" and "Joy" trait helps with that). Not to mention that you can aim by tile unlike the bow (even thought the bow is awesome aswell). Now that I think about it... The useage of traps, hit & run stealth tactics, yup... I turned my Lona into a VietCong! xD

I do find it a little wierd how when I shoot the taller Orkinds, it only does around like 15 damage, same goes for bandit archers. But if you shoot the giant ogre fucks, it does the same damage to them like the rest of the enemies.

On a side note: The whip is actually quite fun to use, even if it deals like 15 damage, unlike my 29 damage sabre. BUT, the whip seems to specifically target body parts, which incapacitates the enemy within after like 5 hits, depending on whom you're fighting.

Lastly, the halberd, this weapon should be only used if your Lona is built like a tank, for you can't dodge or block while wielding it.
i find arrow is hard to use, low damage and high stamina to spend. really hard for me.

ntechmancy

Nov 3, 2020
Is there an updated guide for the game, or is the one linked in OP the one everyone uses? It says it was made using v0.3.5 so I'm guessing there's quests and events that haven't been added there yet

Reactions: fire2244

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Mission to steal the musket is hard, I mean I already manage to get the musket and on just the last bit of the mission to exit the door.. once I walk cross over it the person that is looking at the door get alerted and ran off and blocked the exit , I need to bash the said person and lost me moral 50 took quite a hit.

I already got 10 scout but still can't get over the bit of area near there, anyone got a good tips on how to pass so I don't get the morality hit 50 to kill anyone there ?

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes