Vreejack

Oct 7, 2018
You don't keep trade points, but you do keep your items and coins. Use up your trade points or exchange them for coins before exiting the area.
Trade points aren't meant to be "real". They are supposed to symbolize making trades and exchanging favors in the place without money.

Honestly I think it's a great mechanic.

Reactions: Uptime Lurker

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
This is why I wouldn't use anyone's fan translations. I don't mean to shit over people's sincere efforts, but using their translations is asking for trouble. The reason Cainane's translations didn't bug or crash is because he had been doing it for a while already. Better stick with the original text files and use Tetragram's translation tool.

• Angry
Reactions: Dildoe5 and o7sniip

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
This is why I wouldn't use anyone's fan translations. I don't mean to shit over people's sincere efforts, but using their translations is asking for trouble. The reason Cainane's translations didn't bug or crash is because he had been doing it for a while already. Better stick with the original text files and use Tetragram's translation tool.
It's just because I didn't put the patch on... After I put the patch, everything went away.

MerpADerp

Feb 6, 2018
Reactions: justanotheranon11
Apr 26, 2020
You made one huge mistake with the dialogue options. It's supposed to be a , to separate them, not a .

The ones I've seen that are broken is the option to accept the water cave quest and the option to enter the cave itself.
Yeah the two options are merged in the translation. Could use a hotfix.

Apr 26, 2020
I can't survive the rapeloop in the new cave with the cult.

Sleeping doesn't work. Passing out doesn't work. And even after doing my "fuck and suck quota" it won't change a thing. Lona always ends up in the pot. Sad.

I'll keep mentioning it hoping it will once be added, but the game needs more stuff where you can join the badguys and to have more content when you do.

Anyway, Fortune teller is mad because they're rival Gods and she puts out a hit on the pig head priest to spite the other? I actually like this God even though they call it the Mother of Fertility but refer it as a him and call it Nicholas. Honestly, what the fuck is this game even about lmao. I love it though.

gregorygogo

Aug 15, 2018
Trade points aren't meant to be "real". They are supposed to symbolize making trades and exchanging favors in the place without money.

Honestly I think it's a great mechanic.
Is it though?They force you to buy their own coin because they arent bother to give you proper change.Also who in their right mind would just ''forget'' the trade point they are left with as soon as you head out ouside their store.Even back in the medieval age they where abouth to keep tabs with ''playing card'' that were use as a check,there is literaly no reason for them to at least remember how much they own you for more than a day or give you something that serve as a check you can use at the bank.

Uptime Lurker

Jul 29, 2018
Is it though?They force you to buy their own coin because they arent bother to give you proper change.
Yes, it is. This is how barter works. You give that you have and receive what they have. If you don't like the deal - don't accept. The only difference from reality is that you can see exact number of value you lost in trade. More options might be possible for repeating or trustworthy customers but it's no such a mechanics present in the game. Generally I consider in-game trade quite underdeveloped.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Is it though?They force you to buy their own coin because they arent bother to give you proper change.Also who in their right mind would just ''forget'' the trade point they are left with as soon as you head out ouside their store.Even back in the medieval age they where abouth to keep tabs with ''playing card'' that were use as a check,there is literaly no reason for them to at least remember how much they own you for more than a day or give you something that serve as a check you can use at the bank.
God, whine me a new one. Just go play a normal RPG where money is thrown at you for literally anything.
We've been over this topic a bajillion times already and most of everybody but you seems to be able to accept it.
This game forces you to accept the transience of money and actually buy things that you can use elsewhere - the basic tenet of TRADE. You TRADE goods and services for money (or Trade Points in this game which can be TRADEd for usable money).
Compare that to killing trillions of beings (usually without hands or pockets) for money that they somehow carry piles of. Which system actually makes more sense?

Last edited:

gregorygogo

Aug 15, 2018
God, whine me a new one. Just go play a normal RPG where money is thrown at you for literally anything.
We've been over this topic a bajillion times already and most of everybody but you seems to be able to accept it.
This game forces you to accept the transience of money and actually buy things that you can use elsewhere - the basic tenet of TRADE. You TRADE goods and services for money (or Trade Points in this game which can be TRADEd for usable money).
Compare that to killing trillions of beings (usually without hands or pockets) for money that they somehow carry piles of. Which system actually makes more sense?
First of all calm down,i was only pointing out that in the medieval era,they already had already figured check (like in abouth 1500 or so) and so there isnt much of a reason to make this convoluted.Like i said earlier,main main gripe with the system is the whole ''the second you are outside,imma forget all abouth the debt i own you'' thing.Im not ''whining'',im just pointing out that it doesnt have to be like that to be ''optimal''.Still,that doesnt prevent me from playing the game,i just find it a little frustrating to ''buy back'' my change with a loss of like 30%.Im also wondering why there isnt any silver coin but that doesnt affect the gameplay too much so who care.Anyway,you dont have to answer me with that much anymosity (also saying im am the only who ''cant seem to accept it'' is a bit melodramatic).

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
First of all calm down,i was only pointing out that in the medieval era,they already had already figured check (like in abouth 1500 or so) and so there isnt much of a reason to make this convoluted.Like i said earlier,main main gripe with the system is the whole ''the second you are outside,imma forget all abouth the debt i own you'' thing.Im not ''whining'',im just pointing out that it doesnt have to be like that to be ''optimal''.Still,that doesnt prevent me from playing the game,i just find it a little frustrating to ''buy back'' my change with a loss of like 30%.Im also wondering why there isnt any silver coin but that doesnt affect the gameplay too much so who care.Anyway,you dont have to answer me with that much anymosity (also saying im am the only who ''cant seem to accept it'' is a bit melodramatic).
"most of everybody" doesn't mean you and you alone.
Perhaps I was a little antagonistic but you have to know just how many times we've talked about the TP system and how member such-and-such would "do it better".
Sorry I lumped you in with such a group but even though I didn't make this game, I-don't-know-how-many posts about the same thing just irk me to an unreasonable degree. That and posts along the lines of "Can we get a big boob Lona" I find ridiculous at this point.

I won't lie. The TP system did tick me off initially. If I can get used to it, I know you can too.
Thing is, LonaRPG isn't just a medieval survival RPG. There's an underlying threat about a world-ending evil thing slowly devouring the land and killing countless people. It'll eventually consume Noer, too. You can be am uber-hero, an amoral dick, something in between or just get the hell out of Dodge.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICKSTΞR

FluffyMephit

Mar 13, 2021
The way that the summon menu is built, it cannot be outdated. It is janky though. But the menu itself is a reflection to how the developer has organized the objects in the game itself. The code that populates that menu simply pulls the objects from $data_monster_lib and groups them by the prefix used in the ID.

If you want to summon manually, the summon command used in the cheat menu is:
$game_map.summon_event(name, $game_player.x, $game_player.y)
Yoooo thank you, this is what I was looking for. Now I need to figure out how I can get the game to list the actual creature/monster IDs. I've been rolling around in so much .rb script stuff that my head is spinning. But I'm slowly starting to understand what does what. I'll never be a coder, but I like knowing how the game works.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
What's realistic about using blue rocks and green gas, that can be found in abundance on just about every rock in the known galaxy, as a universal currency for the entire universe that is not just valuable, but equally valuable to three entirely different races that are designed to be as disimilar to each other as humanly comprehensible.

I'd talk about how central and fundamental these elements have been in the design of so many other things, but I'm too distracted by how bizarrely nauseating it feels beholding the sincere discussion before me as if anything in it has anything to do with anything. I know I'm just wasting my breath, but tf do we know about realistic currency and trade systems? I think we should take a moment to try and realise just how unrealistic "real" money is. Starcraft may be total bull, but it can't hold a candle to the ways in which our very own society "works". Real life would make the most fucked up game of all with the most fucked up economic system that is so colossally fucked up that the human mind isn't anywhere near creative enough to fathom just how fucked up it is to any significant extent.

Please understand nothing in this post is personal. Regardless of my personal opinion on things it's not like I'm any different from anyone else, and I'll probably join the conv later as if nothing's wrong, but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Last edited:

₩on

Dec 26, 2019
How do you enter the cheat codes in the commands? I tried to do it but seems like I'm doing something wrong and I'm not sure where...

Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017
What's realistic about using blue rocks and green gas, that can be found in abundance on just about every rock in the known galaxy, as a universal currency for the entire universe that is not just valuable, but equally valuable to three entirely different races that are designed to be as disimilar to each other as humanly comprehensible.

I'd talk about how central and fundamental these elements have been in the design of so many other things, but I'm too distracted by how bizarrely nauseating it feels beholding the sincere discussion before me as if anything in it has anything to do with anything. I know I'm just wasting my breath, but tf do we know about realistic currency and trade systems? I think we should take a moment to try and realise just how unrealistic "real" money is. Starcraft may be total bull, but it can't hold a candle to the ways in which our very own society "works". Real life would make the most fucked up game of all with the most fucked up economic system that is so colossally fucked up that the human mind isn't anywhere near creative enough to fathom just how fucked up it is to any significant extent.

Please understand nothing in this post is personal. Regardless of my personal opinion on things it's not like I'm any different from anyone else, and I'll probably join the conv later as if nothing's wrong, but I just wanted to get this off my chest.
In my view it's just the method used by the dev to add inflation/deflation into the world's economy, and everyone uses coin to trade, the trading points are just a subsistem. Don't need to think too much about it.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes