melonpuncher

Mar 29, 2022
Hopeless Inn. South of Sybaris. It's as far east north east as you can get on the map. It's probably the last quests you naturally do in the game, but as it is a sandbox nothing prevents you from going there and hire her beforehand.

You also have a front guy in doom fortress. Sits at a table holding a lantern.
i see thanks, yeah that guy in doom fortress along with the buff elf is instrumental in massacring the 9 inch tribe

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
LonaRPG 0.7.2.0 Release Hype Post (From yesterday, was celebrating birthday)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Elf Archer is now super buff.

Also:
LonaRPG 0.7.2.1 Bugfix Build Hype Post

Trying to download it now but his server seems to be quite low on bandwidth right about now.
(A couple of minutes later) Okay, connection established.

Aug 11, 2021
Happy belayed birthday!
**TON OF CORE CHANGE. REQUIRE A CLEARN INSTALL**
Noooooooooooo! All my stuff.. And leveling... I have never cheated in this game but I don't know if I will ever level up to 79 again. It takes too much time. Level 80 is 104 284 EXP! Ugh...
noooo.png
I have also gathered a pretty neat sum of money and all clothing/weapons/unique items/
nooo.png
-*fixed, overkill animation now shorter.
Aaaww, no more slowmo meat explosions to turn away and walk from.. Cool girls don't look at gib flying behind.
-*fixed, remove Morality decrease from killing fat guys in SMCloudVillage.
Yes, yes, but what about:
So I've played through the Cloud Village and East of Noer kid quest.. And it's pretty much borked.. The quest doesn't properly work and the code is looking for some other line than "Griot/OPT_HelpTheKid_aggroed" which shows up just like that instead of "There were bad guys" and sometimes there is a warning popup about the whole "TagMapNoerRelayOut.txt" missing.. Which it is not the case ofcourse.

The line/option "Griot/OPT_HelpTheKid_play_yes" never comes up and seems impossible to trigger.

It needs some bug squashing to say the least.
I hope he fixed that as well but forgot to put it into the changelog. Same with Adam I hope:
So, I am trying to understand why Adam doesn't recognize Lona when they all meet up for the hijack quest...

I helped Adam in Doom Fortress. Then I warned him about Milo and the assassination. And yet, the wrong text gets called by the code.

I would think that in the textfile "TagMapCecilyHijack.txt" the line: "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0" where adam recognize Lona should be called.

Instead the code calls for: "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t1" where Adam has no clue about who Lona is and even mistakes Lona for Cecily.

Edit: I found the code in "\Data\HCGframes\event\CecilyHijack0_ThunderFlash.rb" and the lines 60-61. I switched "AdamAlive0_t0" to "AdamAlive0_t1" and vice versa and that sure enough calls the "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0" line instead where Adam recognize Lona. I have no idea if this is the fix or not.

Edit: I think it is a true fix. Looking in the code some more and also in the "GameLona.ini" ACH "RecQuestAdam_6=1" makes me believe it should be
"call_msg("TagMapCecilyHijack:QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0") if $story_stats["RecQuestAdam"] >= 1" and nothing else.
Or else I'll include that fix along with the ENG patch. I have to think about that.
-*fixed, Console window redesign.
Quake!
-*added, last Cocona Quest line. and ending ship seat for her.(side HEV isnt there yet)
Is it true?? Has it finally happen? You can take the most precious person to Lona away with her now? I'll buy her fee anyday. This is a long time coming... I'll admit I was pretty pissed when I saw the dildo boy onboard but no Cocona when I finished the game last time..

Speaking of which, I hope Lisa regains her memory... I have yet to upload those text fixes btw.
Also:

-*added, ElfArcher,WarSister Portrait
Oh, nice. More art from 417 is great! Can't have enough of that in this game.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Anyone know if there is a way to access the discord server? Trying to join on a new account.
For free? No.
Sub the guy at least $2 and you'll be able to see the link.

Why does it cost money to join the Discord?
1: He needs money
2: When it was free, it would always get banned within days of a new one being set up so now the ban brigade has to give him some cash first.

noname66

Feb 23, 2018
Elf Archer is now super buff.

Also:

Trying to download it now but his server seems to be quite low on bandwidth right about now.
(A couple of minutes later) Okay, connection established.
I hope the next verison has already config for joiplay to play, Im hype right now :p btw what is elf npc ? Where to find him/her?

Aug 11, 2021
You could try to boot in with an existing save but no guarantees.
For me, a "clean install" means no mods or altered files.
I've gone through this whole thread and everytime there has been a "core" change the saves have apparently been incompatible (for real, not the ordinary message between versions text) and people had to start over. Let's hope it means what you think it means though and we don't have to start all over again..

BTW, would you feel okay with posting the new ENG folder so that I could start working on it and maybe have a finished patch when the release hits F95?

Last edited:

ThyraUnn

May 14, 2022
You can have quite a few hours of gameplay but its the Translation that is having trouble keeping up. certain side quests and the main story will suddenly not be translated but they are doing a pretty good job considering.
How complete is this game right now for a playthrough?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
How complete is this game right now for a playthrough?
Nobody really knows. Sometimes development continues past 1.0. I consider it finished when Eccma says it is.
But there is a lot of content in the game already. Certainly enough to keep you busy for a while... Or away from the game forever.

ThyraUnn, I've supplied Gundar_The_Great with the most recent ENG files. The translation for 0.7.2.1 should be up-to-date and ready fairly soon.

Asavath

Sep 9, 2021
Nobody really knows. Sometimes development continues past 1.0. I consider it finished when Eccma says it is.
But there is a lot of content in the game already. Certainly enough to keep you busy for a while... Or away from the game forever.

ThyraUnn, I've supplied Gundar_The_Great with the most recent ENG files. The translation for 0.7.2.1 should be up-to-date and ready fairly soon.
I have not played for about a year now, might be a year and a half. I see you around and I have never seen posts about it, so thank you for helping every time you do. Alot of people would never bother with this game without the help you provide, and others do. I get this post is mostly unrelated to the topic, but happy belated birthday.

Aug 11, 2021

Let's hope for version 1.3.3.7 to be the final one. I think that's about 5 years of development left :D I think this game is like top ten RPGM storywise and unmatched in pretty much everything else.
You can have quite a few hours of gameplay but its the Translation that is having trouble keeping up. certain side quests and the main story will suddenly not be translated but they are doing a pretty good job considering.
I've only been around since third of May when I committed my first patch, but since then there haven't been any parts untranslated for longer than some days or so after release. But maybe you are referring to past times. Considering people do it in their spare time and often alone, it's pretty amazing this game has had translators for so long that it has.

It's not easy having only googles haiku/poetry tool either. Sometimes you're dumbfounded and other times it will translate the sound the word makes in Chinese to English. Like, thank you for: "Bai dengdengdiuu"; but it doesn't really convey what the hell is going on.

And often I translate blind as in I have no idea where this event takes place (if it's a new location/quest) and I can't even play it out and get an idea until I find it later on. Like I did with cloud village last time. This time around even more so since I only have the text files. But it is still a lot better since it allows me to get a head start and by now I know the story and characters/locations so it's a lot easier than the first times around.

Speaking of wich. I am pretty much done with 0.7.2.1. I only have around 420 lines/rows left to grasp and translate to smthng coherent. :HideThePain:

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Can you buy game from somewhere else than itch.io? I'm asking because I do not feel paying my country 23% vat tax as if they did anything to facilitate this game. I would rather pay that to creator. I know that there is subscribe star but I cant use that either.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Can you buy game from somewhere else than itch.io? I'm asking because I do not feel paying my country 23% vat tax as if they did anything to facilitate this game. I would rather pay that to creator. I know that there is subscribe star but I cant use that either.
Do you have a vpn to choose another country? Only issue I see then is the currency itself.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Me when Dev Update LonaRPG but you need to wait for free version in F95zone:
View attachment 2023938
What's the matter? Can't wait 7 days?

Gundar_The_Great, it is confusing when you see a Thank You romanised like that especially when you consider the most used form comes from mandarin: 謝謝 (xièxiè)
Humorously, "bai deng" gets pronounced as "buy dong".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gundar_The_Great
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes