ProjectS001

Sep 12, 2020
This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, and I mean no disrespect (thanks for the work you've put in for translating the latest version), but issues like this could be prevented by using the manual translate function of the MTL tool. It copies the existing translation for the target language and grabs what hasn't been translated yet. (At least it does for the Google translate function)

I know it only translates from Chinese, but the source is available, so it could be retrofitted to translate from another language. The only problem is that the export targets are not included and there are no build instructions, though a basic export target lets it build and run.
(I tried adding the use of DeepL to the autotranslation side of it, but couldn't get it to work, first attempt at doing anything with Godot)
Its not an unpopular opinion. Most sane translators use these tools... however I am not one of those sane translators. I like to manually review things so I can read through all the previous work and see how accurate they are and compare them with the official ENG patch that Sugoi Soy Boy as they are the most accurate and is the OFFICIAL translation that will come with the base game. My job here is to just ensure the most people can enjoy the game at any given time and make sure that the MTL translations done so far are not terrible.

If you look through the change log that I provided with the ENG patch that I provided, you can see all the changes that I made to the current and previous latest unofficial ENG patch (0.7.4) because a lot of the content was inconsistent or flat out wrong. With the current translation tools available to me, none of them provide the services that I need, (reading previous translation work, reviewing official version (if there is any), reading the KR patch, and google translate version of CHT version to stay faithful to the original as much as possible).

So yes, if there is a translating tool that can help me with this tedious task, I would gladly use it... however, there is none available to me that satisfies my needs, so I am forced to stick with opening 5 different text files (one for official version, one for latest unofficial version, one for KR version, one for the CHT version, and one for where I do all my work in) have a tab for google translate and another for chill music to turn my brain off and do this work for ;.; (help me... plz...)

On the bright side, I got in touch with the official translating team and they provided me some useful tools to help me with my suffering. And honestly manually reviewing the whole patch was just a one time quality check that I no longer need to do. For the future patches, I will just be reviewing all the updated Txt files and any that get officially translated and merging them with the previous unofficial patch.

Also I just prefer doing it manually cause I know everything that I am doing and it is honestly just faster for me... I've tried other programs before but... it just doesn't work for me. But, thank you for the suggestion and concern (^.^). This is honestly just a hobby for me (cause I'm bored andI kinda just want some attention as well :V) so I don't plan on looking for dedicated translating tools that will make my life easier haha... (I probably should though...) Ya... Thanks for listening to my ted talk... If you need me or found any other bugs, plz post on this thread so I can get it fixed. Cheers~! :D

Reactions: ustar and Kenny567
Dec 13, 2017
Edit3: Fixed Arena Text bug. Should be able to enter it without an issue now.
1674323934110.png
I'm still getting this message upon trying to enter the place. Just updated the thing today and overwrote all the ENG text files with it. Maybe I have to make a new save for it to work right? I mean, it shouldn't work that way but weird shit happens sometimes.

And in an unrelated-to-your-translation (probably) note, I couldn't finish the bit where I show the noble lady around the refugee area. It crashed with this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ProjectS001

Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 2329008
I'm still getting this message upon trying to enter the place. Just updated the thing today and overwrote all the ENG text files with it. Maybe I have to make a new save for it to work right? I mean, it shouldn't work that way but weird shit happens sometimes.

And in an unrelated-to-your-translation (probably) note, I couldn't finish the bit where I show the noble lady around the refugee area. It crashed with this:
Hummm. Did you update the ENG files with the ones I provided?
To check if it is the ENG text file issue, open up "TagMapNoerRing" in your LonaRPG>Text>ENG folder. The first thing that it should say is
"thisMap/OvermapEnter
Noer Arena \optB[Cancel,Enter]"

If it doesn't, replace the ENG file by redownloading it.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
They are ones from the Russian site the one that adds a new inn base, one that adds a house bit pass the jungle, over map horse riding, new hud panel, and the MyUI library.
I myself have the house, hud and MyUI mods (though I fixed the typos in regards to alignment in the hud and library), so it shouldn't be those. Shouldn't be the horse riding one, as that should only affect the world map.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
View attachment 2329008

That crash looks like it is translation related, since it is trying to process one of the Cecily/QuestHikack14* blocks in CompCecily. Make sure you have the latest version of the translation, though it could be an oversight due to the manual process, though the changelog doesn't mention those blocks.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017
Hummm. Did you update the ENG files with the ones I provided?
To check if it is the ENG text file issue, open up "TagMapNoerRing" in your LonaRPG>Text>ENG folder. The first thing that it should say is
"thisMap/OvermapEnter
Noer Arena \optB[Cancel,Enter]"

If it doesn't, replace the ENG file by redownloading it.
I did just download it today (and yesterday before I saw the update), but I redownloaded it again (the attachment changed names/versions from 0.7.6.1 to 7.6.3 to 7.6.1 again I swear) and this time it did indeed have the right text there and it works. Since that's fixed I'm going to check and see if the Cecily thing is fixed too in a bit.

Edit: Yeah, it's still happening with this update.

Last edited:

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I did just download it today, but I redownloaded it again (the attachment changed names/versions from 0.7.6.1 to 7.6.3 to 7.6.1 again I swear) and this time it did indeed have the right text there and it works. Since that's fixed I'm going to check and see if the Cecily thing is fixed too in a bit.
I've just downloaded and check it myself, the Cecily/QuestHikack14_to15_BRD block is missing a ] in the \board line
\board[Back to the Burning Keg. should probably be \board[Back to the Burning Keg.]

Reactions: ProjectS001
Dec 13, 2017
I've just downloaded and check it myself, the Cecily/QuestHikack14_to15_BRD block is missing a ] in the \board line
\board[Back to the Burning Keg. should probably be \board[Back to the Burning Keg.]
Well then, I might just slap that missing closing bracket on there myself for now. I've only ever dabbled in programming but I still know what a pain those can be. Yep doing that worked.

Reactions: ProjectS001

jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
Hey all. Anyone familiar with the location of the "EffectAbomEatDed" effect within the game files? I thought it would be in the LonaRPG\Data\Effects\Skill folder, but no dice. Kinda found it strange how this (Desecrate) doesn't increase satiety, so I was aiming to change that...

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Hey all. Anyone familiar with the location of the "EffectAbomEatDed" effect within the game files? I thought it would be in the LonaRPG\Data\Effects\Skill folder, but no dice. Kinda found it strange how this (Desecrate) doesn't increase satiety, so I was aiming to change that...
You need to use the RPGMaker editor for that one. It's within "Map001.rvdata2".

Reactions: jarlbalgruuf

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Oof. Is RPGMaker itself needed to mess with those or is there a separate utility available? I'm guessing it's the former...
The easiest way would be with RPGMaker itself, but you might be able to figure something out using the F10 console ingame.

Nelve

Dec 17, 2022
how to get it:unsure:
Just go to church near Noer, ask fat priest "about saints" and allow him to fuck Lona. After that wait until next day, come back and choose "ask more about saints". Priest fucks Lona second time and than give her mission to cleanse sins from believers with her body. With that Lona will gain Saint Believer title and acces to holy prostitution (that by itself have mostly no profit).
Although, If Lona fucks fat priest 5 times with option "ask more about saints" she receive two reliqs from him for free.

kingbetty

Sep 4, 2017
Hi, I've been trying to follow the like 3 different guides to enable to cheat mod. I've put it in the _mod folder, I've done everything I can think of and can't seem to get it to work. Its entirely possible I'm just misreading something but if someone could make a step by step idiots guide or even a picture showing how the mod folder should look I'd really appreciate it

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes