jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
The easiest way would be with RPGMaker itself, but you might be able to figure something out using the F10 console ingame.
Tried using VXAce to open it, but no dice. I was able to get...something via notepad++, but I'm guessing there's some kind of binary encoding here? Anyone have any clue as to how to go about this? Figured adding a satiety function to that skill would make a bit more sense than say... F10 abuse. lol

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Tried using VXAce to open it, but no dice. I was able to get...something via notepad++, but I'm guessing there's some kind of binary encoding here? Anyone have any clue as to how to go about this? Figured adding a satiety function to that skill would make a bit more sense than say... F10 abuse. lol
I've had a look at the event for that effect, I don't think that is the right thing anyway. Maybe you wanted BasicAbomEatDed.json which should be the actual skill. The effect events look to me like they are the animations for the skill.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Hi, I've been trying to follow the like 3 different guides to enable to cheat mod. I've put it in the _mod folder, I've done everything I can think of and can't seem to get it to work. Its entirely possible I'm just misreading something but if someone could make a step by step idiots guide or even a picture showing how the mod folder should look I'd really appreciate it
Try this one. There are 2 different downloads (only 1 is needed), but they have the instructions each needs.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I did try this but I don't know how to activate the cheats in game or how to see what they are
The downloads have a readme with the hotkeys to use, most of the mod is accessed via F9.

The mod loader version has to be enabled either:
  • By setting Banned under [Cheats Mod] in GameMods.ini to 0
or
  • Run ModScripts\NyxLauncher.exe and click the small square box next to Cheats Mod so that it changes to green.
I've added the hotkeys in a spoiler to the post of my edit to the Cheats Mod.

Last edited:

jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
I've had a look at the event for that effect, I don't think that is the right thing anyway. Maybe you wanted BasicAbomEatDed.json which should be the actual skill. The effect events look to me like they are the animations for the skill.
Yeah after parsing the bits and pieces of the rvdata2 file that didn't come out as a garbled mess, it seems like it just describes what the skill is and the appropriate sprites to refer to it; not what it actually does. As for BasicAbomEatDed.json, I've been through that file many times and it doesn't seem to hint at how it activates the health restoration effect.

I'll just copy a similar effect and add it to the "effect" line right above "add_state". I think that method will simply restore satiety on cast instead of when a corpse is actually devoured, but it's the best I got. Assuming it actually works. If not, I got nothing.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Yeah after parsing the bits and pieces of the rvdata2 file that didn't come out as a garbled mess, it seems like it just describes what the skill is and the appropriate sprites to refer to it; not what it actually does. As for BasicAbomEatDed.json, I've been through that file many times and it doesn't seem to hint at how it activates the health restoration effect.

I'll just copy a similar effect and add it to the "effect" line right above "add_state". I think that method will simply restore satiety on cast instead of when a corpse is actually devoured, but it's the best I got. Assuming it actually works. If not, I got nothing.
You might not even need to do that, the effect event calls a function that could be adjusted with a modscript.

Extract attachment to ModScripts

Last edited:

ProjectS001

Sep 12, 2020
I've just downloaded and check it myself, the Cecily/QuestHikack14_to15_BRD block is missing a ] in the \board line
\board[Back to the Burning Keg. should probably be \board[Back to the Burning Keg.]
Well then, I might just slap that missing closing bracket on there myself for now. I've only ever dabbled in programming but I still know what a pain those can be. Yep doing that worked.
Fk me... welp... fixed now for the patch :V

jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
You might not even need to do that, the effect event calls a function that could be adjusted with a modscript.

Extract attachment to ModScripts
I completely forgot ModScripts were even a thing. You're my hero, dude. Much appreciated!
Great timing, too. Adding an "attribute_change" function simply crashed the game on startup. And mimicking the "popup_type" function on similar skills doesn't work, as a satiety function doesn't exist for that at all. lol

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I completely forgot ModScripts were even a thing. You're my hero, dude. Much appreciated!
Great timing, too. Adding an "attribute_change" function simply crashed the game on startup. And mimicking the "popup_type" function on similar skills doesn't work, as a satiety function doesn't exist for that at all. lol
The initial version of that crashed due to a single instance of tmpSat being tmpSAT, luckily I tested it after posting.

AbomLona almost seems like a method I could use to play without the infinite stat cheats, though I like not having to worry about certain survival aspects (hence why I split the autoheal cheat into 3 in the first place)

jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
The initial version of that crashed due to a single instance of tmpSat being tmpSAT, luckily I tested it after posting.

AbomLona almost seems like a method I could use to play without the infinite stat cheats, though I like not having to worry about certain survival aspects (hence why I split the autoheal cheat into 3 in the first place)
Yeah, probably gonna get a lot of flak for this, but IMO the base game tends to railroad you towards a particular playstyle (stealth) simply because it's ungodly easy to get screwed if an enemy gets even remotely close to you (and it doesn't take much time before they're able to do so at range). I get Lona's not a fighter, but literally anything goes awry during an altercation and she's most likely a goner. Stunlocking is a bitch.

Tweaking the internal values a bit makes alternate playstyles more viable without having to resort to F10 (A TrueDeepOne Lona that has offensive utility other than fucking? Hell yeah!). That, I won't apologize for doing. I love the dev's work just the same.

Toonzie

May 23, 2019
Guys, im stuck at Doom fortress. I already gave the nine inches tribe the spiral cock of the big pig and got war paint, but somehow the quest indicator still shows that there still quest left but there is not, i can't figure it out because it still in chinese i can't read them. Was it bug or nah? Because i can't report to the guild for my reward for helping the tribe

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
Guys, im stuck at Doom fortress. I already gave the nine inches tribe the spiral cock of the big pig and got war paint, but somehow the quest indicator still shows that there still quest left but there is not, i can't figure it out because it still in chinese i can't read them. Was it bug or nah? Because i can't report to the guild for my reward for helping the tribe
The guild send you there because they are a cult of killers that needs to be wiped out. You did their personal quest to become a tribe member, you didn't complete the guild one. Wipe them out. All of them.

Reactions: Toonzie

Steven123

Jun 2, 2017
How do I rescue hostages? I walk them to the exit and watch them disappear everytime but I don't get anything and only got the achievement for rescuing one hostage

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
How do I rescue hostages? I walk them to the exit and watch them disappear everytime but I don't get anything and only got the achievement for rescuing one hostage
Once you've walked them to the exit, you have to go back to the guild for your reward.

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
You are probably talking about that caravan rescue quest from noer inn. For achievement linked with that quest you need to save 5 (? I think) people - most of them are in the south-western corner getting constantly raped. You need to save them fast by killing goblins that are doing that to them otherwise they kll them.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes