Apr 26, 2020
Also it appears we are gonna get a new boss fight - an ogre.
Hell yeah, goblin content, green chads rise up. In my heart (dick) I still hope to see some kind of way to join the evil sides as more than just a cocksleeve. Roaming semi-freely, trading, doing quests and fucking willingly like in previous iterations where you could talk with goblins and trade with them via sex.

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Hell yeah, goblin content, green chads rise up. In my heart (dick) I still hope to see some kind of way to join the evil sides as more than just a cocksleeve. Roaming semi-freely, trading, doing quests and fucking willingly like in previous iterations where you could talk with goblins and trade with them via sex.
While I would also like to join the bad guy side (so Lona can finally feel at least a little in control), neither the Orkin nor the abominations are the kind of creatures to make such deals. Quite honestly, I dislike the way goblins treat their kidnapped women. I mean, if the need them to procreate, why toture them?

Nov 6, 2022
While I would also like to join the bad guy side (so Lona can finally feel at least a little in control), neither the Orkin nor the abominations are the kind of creatures to make such deals. Quite honestly, I dislike the way goblins treat their kidnapped women. I mean, if the need them to procreate, why toture them?
satisfaction and control

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
Don't they torture only when they try to escape?

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
While it would be interesting to join enemy side, I personally just want some choice along the lines of: 1. Do you want to save Noer or 2. Do you want to see it burn?.

I do not mean Noer destruction if you leave the island by ship and the entire island gets wiped out by sole virtue of you not doing anything and just escaping. I want active choice where you can either actively and really save Noer by your actions or truly destroy it by your own hands/actions.

Lets be honest, that forsaken place is beyond any salvation. Its general population hates Sybaris and see them as vermin (their fellow country man) and push them into what is basically slavery. Folk from Sybaris lost any selfrespect and dignity and are content to become slaves willingly and actively refuse any form of saving (see Cecily quests). On top of which they on purpose try to alienate Noer inhabitats by causing chaos (ordered by Noer goverment).

Many quests where you interact with those people they are portrayed as nothing but scum who take advantage of Lona or anyone else who truly does want to help them. Not just folk from Sybaris but from Noer too.

One of the kindest characters to you in the entire game is some *random* mercenary in Doom fortress who gives you a musket just because he is so shocked that you apologised.

That alone shows you what kind of place Noer is. Getting to be breeding stock of monsters and their buffet is what those shitheads truly deserve. Cecily is an utter fool for fighting for saving them.

Last edited:

Ononi

Jun 6, 2018
While it would be interesting to join enemy side, I personally just want some choice along the lines of: 1. Do you want to save Noer or 2. Do you want to see it burn?.

I do not mean Noer destruction if you leave the island by ship and the entire island gets wiped out by sole virtue of you not doing anything and just escaping. I want active choice where you can either actively and really save Noer by your actions or truly destroy it by your own hands/actions.

Lets be honest, that forsaken place is beyond any salvation. Its general population hates Sybaris and see them as vermin (their fellow country man) and push them into what is basically slavery. Folk from Sybaris lost any selfrespect and dignity and are content to become slaves willingly and actively refuse any form of saving (see Cecily quests). On top of which they on purpose try to alienate Noer inhabitats by causing chaos (ordered by Noer goverment).

Many quests where you interact with those people they are portrayed as nothing but scum who take advantage of Lona or anyone else who truly does want to help them. Not just folk from Sybaris but from Noer too.

One of the kindest characters to you in the entire game is some *random* mercenary in Doom fortress who gives you a musket just because he is so shocked that you apologised.

That alone shows you what kind of place Noer is. Getting to be breeding stock of monsters and their buffet is what those shitheads truly deserve. Cecily is an utter fool for fighting for saving them.
Interesting view...but I think a bad ending wouldn't work just due to there is no one to help with their agenda.
Goblins are dumb as bricks they are only threat when they have a number advantage or have a big boy with them.
Aboms don't show any sentient behavior more like mold growth (except for you know who)

I can only see a bad ending when you get an abom lona and that opens a series of quests.

Apr 26, 2020
Lets be honest, that forsaken place is beyond any salvation.
Oof ouch the edge. The reality of the setting is a nightmarish dystopian, where the island is nothing but a playground for the gods. Good and innocent people exist, like Cocona and Cecily. Eccma just has a hard-on for scumbags with power and violently sadistic races.

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
Interesting view...but I think a bad ending wouldn't work just due to there is no one to help with their agenda.
Goblins are dumb as bricks they are only threat when they have a number advantage or have a big boy with them.
Aboms don't show any sentient behavior more like mold growth (except for you know who)

I can only see a bad ending when you get an abom lona and that opens a series of quests.
True. Goblins in this game are very similar to the ones in Goblin Slayer anime - be it their looks, behaviour, intelligence etc, so not much going for them in terms of any possible extended cooperation with humans.

Abominations remind me of your traditional hive mind. But they have that *child* who caused Sybaris fall and appears to be their leader of sorts, so maybe he is sentient and can be reasoned/cooperated to some extent.

But for a bad ending where you cause Noer destruction, I had something in mind along the lines of: you delve deeper into ruins of Sybaris (part of the game more developed now) where you finally confront the cause of your troubles ie. that *child*. You kill it in some hive and get your revenge and justice (justfull retribution) for your family and friends.

After which you are presented with the choices of either: 1. Finish the abominations for good via destroying their hive core or something similar thus preventing them from regenerating or 2. After getting your revenge (and remembering what kind of place Noer and its people are) just leave and let abominations recover. If Noer wants to live let they (not probable) save themselves or be (most likely) destroyed.

Oof ouch the edge. The reality of the setting is a nightmarish dystopian, where the island is nothing but a playground for the gods. Good and innocent people exist, like Cocona and Cecily. Eccma just has a hard-on for scumbags with power and violently sadistic races.
Also true. But, the thing is Noer island is part of some greater kingdom and Noer town still stands. What is happening there is *only* isolated incident. They still are in contact with wider world and can get help from their kingdom. There is no reason for Noer population to be such a scums to the folk escaping Sybaris. Sure, setting is dystopian and those in power are gonna most likely try to get something out of the situation. But from the game I get the feeling like 90%+ of Noer population are nothing but shitheads from the moment they are born. Such place does not deserve any pity or compassion. One should save such things for those who truly deserve them.

Reactions: Ononi

ProjectS001

Sep 12, 2020

There is actually a way for one of the endings to have Noer Island "deleted" off the face of the world. I believe if you anger a specific "being", you can get it to literally nuke the island for the ending cards.

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
There is actually a way for one of the endings to have Noer Island "deleted" off the face of the world. I believe if you anger a specific "being", you can get it to literally nuke the island for the ending cards.
I did read abou such an ending here somewhere. I think the post about it mentioned Noer getting burned by some wizard that you pissed off - I always thought because of that it was Megumin expy from second floor of Big Mom inn.

But from your post it appears I was wrong about that.

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
Previous iterations? I havent played in ages, can you no longer trade with goblins while captured?

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes