Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
it appears periodically when I go to the location
Do you have any mods installed? It looks like there's a problem with data related to skills... (which any old incompatible mods could cause)

You also never specified what exactly you were doing when it pops. (I don't think the where matters, just the actions)

jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
I think the main issue is that people come into the game with the expectation that Lona's supposed to be fully equipped to take on the grimdark setting. They've completely missed the point that she's supposed to be so weak that killing rats is accurately represented as being physically taxing to her. Her reaction to the guild saying they can't pay her to kill rats anymore is supposed to be a serious "oh shit" moment.
I'd be down with eccma keeping the stamina system in its current ...unforgiving... state, just wish he'd do something about the damn stunlocks. One unlucky hit is all it takes for things to go to shit. When the average bandit/goblin can attack faster than goddamn Kenshiro, melee is a bad idea in general.

And I get it's supposed to be. Like you mentioned, it's a miracle Lona's lasted as long as she has (when the game starts, Sybaris as been out of the picture for a few months). Stealth archer, slut, or mage (if you're rich/lucky/don't give a shit about collateral damage). Those are basically the three options. Melee is essentially reserved for an endgame Lona. Kind of a shame, but it is what it is.

...Actually, does the dodging skill even have a practical use? I've tried using it for counterattacks, but the iframe only lasts long enough for you to get hit by the next attack an opponent throws at you. lol

The mission though, it's quite as you've said but also a bit of a challenge to actually do it lol. Fking Maani + random thugs + nasty traps placements made it really difficult to just run pass them safely, and either of them hitting me once resulting in loading the save file.
I don't know if the dev has any future plans for Maani, but....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fuck Maani. lol

Last edited:

jocc2

Feb 22, 2023
Do you have any mods installed? It looks like there's a problem with data related to skills... (which any old incompatible mods could cause)

You also never specified what exactly you were doing when it pops. (I don't think the where matters, just the actions)
No mods
I move around the map and go to some location and at that moment an error pops up, after loading everything is normal

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Good job making 90% of the posts have nothing to do with lonarpg with your android spam.
Mod should rename the OP to android troubleshooting centre.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Good job making 90% of the posts have nothing to do with lonarpg with your android spam.
Actually it still had to do with LonaRPG, as it was to do with playing LonaRPG on android. And unless you've gone through the entire thread to get that number, 90% is a severe exaggeration.

Mar 29, 2021
The joyplay version is already an integral part of LonaRPG. Any bug in this or that version is directly related to the game, the one who claims otherwise is fundamentally wrong. If someone does not like the discussion of bugs in the general theme, then write to the administration, let them make a separate topic of support for the game next to the reviews for example.

Although I can not understand what makes you all so angry if these messages can just skip.

Mar 29, 2021
Also, here's a mod that can infinitely (to an amount) expand the animations that could play while loading (supports images in ModScripts/Graphics)
I don't quite understand how to interact with it...
Can I just add image files and it will play them? Or do I need to change something in the script (file names, for example)?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I don't quite understand how to interact with it...
Can I just add image files and it will play them? Or do I need to change something in the script (file names, for example)?
You have to add to the @loadingTypes array near the top of the script.

Filenames need to match with LoadingScreen#{@loadingType}[0-3].png, where #{@loadingType} is whatever was added to the array, and [0-3] is the frame number in the animation, starting at 0.

Once the filenames are correct, you can either drop the images in Graphics/System/ or thanks to the 4_Mod_Graphics.rb file, they can alternatively be dropped in ModScripts/Graphics/System/

It includes a book flipping pages animation as a sample (the images are in ModScripts/Graphics/System/)

It is a replacer mod, so gets extracted directly to the game root folder, keeping folder structure.

P.S: Initial version ended up with 2 animations getting played in 1 loadscreen, hence the decision to have the ModGraphicsPath mod loaded before the loadingscreen script even gets imported into the game, along with not having the ExtraLoadingScreens mod be loaded by the Mod Loader.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021
So, some questions about the lore :
  1. If the undead are under Justice, the flesh abominations are under Ebony, and the fish folk are under the Sea Witch... who's responsible for the orkinds?
  2. Is "the girl" in question Feira? Feira Quest took place in pre-calamity Sybaris after all. Though she might be the dead body in the sewers...

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
So, some questions about the lore :
  1. If the undead are under Justice, the flesh abominations are under Ebony, and the fish folk are under the Sea Witch... who's responsible for the orkinds?
  2. Is "the girl" in question Feira? Feira Quest took place in pre-calamity Sybaris after all. Though she might be the dead body in the sewers...
1. There is no known answer for that as of now. It is some unknown individual/creature/force not yet encountered and/or mentioned in the game directly. Only reference to it is if you examine their (orckind) banner in that hunter cabin north of the mountain monastery.
2. I do not know about the first part but the body found during the prologue is just some mercenary that was hired before Lona (she does mention that once you go report completion of the quest - of course you must first take that sword from it in order to confirm it).

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
2. I do not know about the first part but the body found during the prologue is just some mercenary that was hired before Lona (she does mention that once you go report completion of the quest - of course you must first take that sword from it in order to confirm it).
2. That body is the last mentioned location of where Feira went in the diary you pickup in the bottom left of the sewers. So it is safe to assume that it is in fact the corpse of Feira. The last entry in her diary is even dated less than a month before the game's starting date. The tutorial also specifically has Justice mention Feira as being the previous person sent to deal with the pest problem, or more specifically, he wanted her to be his herald.

P.S: I am aware that the diary and the tutorial kind of conflict with each other, but it's official lore, so...

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'd be down with eccma keeping the stamina system in its current ...unforgiving... state, just wish he'd do something about the damn stunlocks. One unlucky hit is all it takes for things to go to shit. When the average bandit/goblin can attack faster than goddamn Kenshiro, melee is a bad idea in general.

And I get it's supposed to be. Like you mentioned, it's a miracle Lona's lasted as long as she has (when the game starts, Sybaris as been out of the picture for a few months). Stealth archer, slut, or mage (if you're rich/lucky/don't give a shit about collateral damage). Those are basically the three options. Melee is essentially reserved for an endgame Lona. Kind of a shame, but it is what it is.

...Actually, does the dodging skill even have a practical use? I've tried using it for counterattacks, but the iframe only lasts long enough for you to get hit by the next attack an opponent throws at you. lol
If you're going to melee, grab a teammate. You can stunlock an opponent by standing opposite to them and immediately attacking after every teammate's attack. It's basically a guaranteed stun, which keeps both of you safe. If you're talking about fighting a hoard alone, it's definitely difficult. Even fighting one-on-one, I think you have to alternate between blocking and dodging between attacks to avoid trading blows. There are some other uses for dodging, but I imagine not a lot of people has spent time investigating them.

I remember a dude that was actually really good at dodging. He pointed out that you're actually able to "limp" faster than walking if your legs are fucked by dodging in rhythm. He also had a few clips of him killing the Beast and other things with just a wooden club and lantern. But mostly the lantern stacking injuries. In untrained hands, like myself, it's mostly useless lol.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes