jarlbalgruuf

Feb 17, 2022
If you're going to melee, grab a teammate. You can stunlock an opponent by standing opposite to them and immediately attacking after every teammate's attack. It's basically a guaranteed stun, which keeps both of you safe. If you're talking about fighting a hoard alone, it's definitely difficult. Even fighting one-on-one, I think you have to alternate between blocking and dodging between attacks to avoid trading blows. There are some other uses for dodging, but I imagine not a lot of people has spent time investigating them.

I remember a dude that was actually really good at dodging. He pointed out that you're actually able to "limp" faster than walking if your legs are fucked by dodging in rhythm. He also had a few clips of him killing the Beast and other things with just a wooden club and lantern. But mostly the lantern stacking injuries. In untrained hands, like myself, it's mostly useless lol.
Ha. Nah, I'm under no illusion that taking on a horde is something Lona's meant to be able to do. I was just annoyed at the stunlocks, but you're right; best defense in this game is an overwhelming offense. Shame about the dodge being a niche skill, but at least now I can change that button to something more useful.

As for partners, the dog is pretty nice to have around, assuming it doesn't get hit (that thing is even squishier than Lona). Nice to have what is essentially a permanent partner that's fast as hell, configurable, detects traps, stays with you forever, and respawns when killed.

I'm tempted to go in the files and makes it less of a one-hit wonder, but... it respawns, so that's not a priority. lol

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
how can i get pregnant deep one
You go for the deep green fuckers that hang out in swamps and can't speak and can pop out of the water if you step on them. The specific chances depend on your race and iirc, there's also a chance that instead of deep ones, you give birth to fishfolk, which are not the same thing.

Dartyranus

Aug 29, 2019
Can't get to work the cheat mod, i'm not using the NyxLauncher a way to make it work without it ? Or i have to download it and Install it with it?

HP.

Nov 2, 2020
My game does not stutter - as far as I could tell it did work normally.

It is from the quest given by Adam (big muscled man with helm and shield) where you have to steal them from the armory outside the doom fort.
At the tower near doom or where?

Raraman

Jun 13, 2021
Man, this game is actually really good if you try to avoid H content and play it as a grimdark survival game.

Is there a rough estimate of the 1.0 release date? I want to make a proper playthrough, but I'm not sure if I should play now or wait.

Nimuki

Feb 9, 2018
Does anybody know how miscarriage works? My lona got pregnant for the first time but I got a miscarriage, then i decided to test. I loaded my save in various stages of the pregnancy but all of them (I tried like 30 times) led to a miscarriage. I even went back to the begining of the pregnancy and did nothing other than eat and sleep at the inn and I still got a miscarriage.

Does every pregnancy has a % of being an unnavoidable miscariage? Does the father's race impact on it?
I searched the wiki but it does not even mention miscarriages at all.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
how can i get pregnant deep one
You go for the deep green fuckers that hang out in swamps and can't speak and can pop out of the water if you step on them. The specific chances depend on your race and iirc, there's also a chance that instead of deep ones, you give birth to fishfolk, which are not the same thing.
Or in the caves with Deep ones. I personally made some tests because i mated with a ton of them and only fishfolk Lona gave life to. Big Deep ones or Crawlers have a very low chance if not zero to impregnate you with a Deep one. Aim for those tall ones dressed in rags with the tridents. They almost always father a Deep one baby.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
Does anybody know how miscarriage works? My lona got pregnant for the first time but I got a miscarriage, then i decided to test. I loaded my save in various stages of the pregnancy but all of them (I tried like 30 times) led to a miscarriage. I even went back to the begining of the pregnancy and did nothing other than eat and sleep at the inn and I still got a miscarriage.

Does every pregnancy has a % of being an unnavoidable miscariage? Does the father's race impact on it?
From what i know breeding with animals and starvation results in miscarriage. Also drinking potions or eating some food affects badly the fetus health. Combat obviously is very dangerous for a pregnant woman, this ain't Wolfenstein II thankfully. Maybe there is a random very low chance to miscarry if you don't act in time. Just check the baby's health from time to time. Tea is your best friend. And i think that some NPCs just can't produce a living child. For example there is the degenerate Woodson son who successfully impregnates Lona but she always miscarries no matter how much tea you drink. I really tried because i was curious about how they will react when finally they get a grandchild but sadly got disappointed. It always ends in miscarry.

Reactions: Nimuki

Heisieberg

Mar 22, 2018

I couldn't find any hard info on this, but after a few hours of testing I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp on how this works. Basically, there's a 'fetus health' parameter that's initially hidden. For it to show up on the Main Stats page Lona must learn she's pregnant (visit Elise for a test, also Lona can figure out the cause of her 'morning sickness' on her own, but only on second and subsequent pregnancies).

Fetus health drops from any stamina loss, and regenerates on day/night cycle, same as Lona's own health. The higher your food meter, the more health is regenerated. So all you really need to do to avoid miscarriage is keep Lona well fed and not abuse the 'rest' button to regenerate stamina while on a local map, because that doesn't pass time letting you expend massive amounts of stamina within a single regeneration cycle.

You can also use Noer Tea to regenerate fetus health but you shouldn't really need it if you don't massively overspend stamina.

Also, while 'fetus health' stat is still hidden, frequent vomiting (like every couple of minutes) works as a warning sign that it's dangerously low. If you see that, drop whatever you're doing and rest for a day or two, then rush to Elise for a test.

UPD: sorry, I didn't initially notice the part where you say you tried nothing but resting and still got the same result. Either there's an extra hidden factor at work that I don't know of, or even at your earliest save point fetus health was already very low. Since any stamina loss at all decreases fetus health a little bit, in theory even something like going to the bathroom can push you over the edge.

UPD2: I also had a theory at some point that 'cleaning privates' helps reduce fetus health loss but didn't thoroughly test it because in the end it all seemed to just be tied to stamina use alone. You may want to try that for science.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimuki

Nimuki

Feb 9, 2018
I couldn't find any hard info on this, but after a few hours of testing I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp on how this works. Basically, there's a 'fetus health' parameter that's initially hidden. For it to show up on the Main Stats page Lona must learn she's pregnant (visit Elise for a test, also Lona can figure out the cause of her 'morning sickness' on her own, but only on second and subsequent pregnancies).

Fetus health drops from any stamina loss, and regenerates on day/night cycle, same as Lona's own health. The higher your food meter, the more health is regenerated. So all you really need to do to avoid miscarriage is keep Lona well fed and not abuse the 'rest' button to regenerate stamina while on a local map, because that doesn't pass time letting you expend massive amounts of stamina within a single regeneration cycle.

You can also use Noer Tea to regenerate fetus health but you shouldn't really need it if you don't massively overspend stamina.

Also, while 'fetus health' stat is still hidden, frequent vomiting (like every couple of minutes) works as a warning sign that it's dangerously low. If you see that, drop whatever you're doing and rest for a day or two, then rush to Elise for a test.

UPD: sorry, I didn't initially notice the part where you say you tried nothing but resting and still got the same result. Either there's an extra hidden factor at work that I don't know of, or even at your earliest save point fetus health was already very low. Since any stamina loss at all decreases fetus health a little bit, in theory even something like going to the bathroom can push you over the edge.

UPD2: I also had a theory at some point that 'cleaning privates' helps reduce fetus health loss but didn't thoroughly test it because in the end it all seemed to just be tied to stamina use alone. You may want to try that for science.
I did not know that it was strongly tied to stamina and I completely forgot that Noer Tea exists. Many thanks.
I know that the father is a random fishperson so the unbreedable npc and animals angle is not at work here.
After reading your post i went further back before getting pregnant, got pregnant from a random deepone, same result. I even came with noer tea and lots of food for the trip back and kept the fetus' health at almost max. I will push foward and try pregnancy again after the miscariage to test it further.
I also noticed that there is an icon above the climax counter (lower right corner) with what appears to be an ovulum in a jar, any idea what it is?

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Or in the caves with Deep ones. I personally made some tests because i mated with a ton of them and only fishfolk Lona gave life to. Big Deep ones or Crawlers have a very low chance if not zero to impregnate you with a Deep one. Aim for those tall ones dressed in rags with the tridents. They almost always father a Deep one baby.
I usually avoid breeding in lairs for two reasons. 1) If you don't fuck them to death in time, they call for backup and the hostages die. 2) Walking around and fighting with a sore crotch is a pain in the ass. The third and unofficial reason is that the music sounds like something out of Alien and listening to it while creeping in the dark gives me anxiety lmao.

Besides, it's hard to not accidentally run into Deep Ones if you're hanging out near Pirates Bane. Abominations, on the other hand are a real pain in the ass to breed. Goddamn flesh-bugs

Reactions: bobi121

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
Didn't find it inside there
If you have the quest activated then it is a lootable item (from weapon rack) in the south-western corner of the first floor in the tower. What you loot initially is actually a stack of muskets (not usable yet as it is only a quest specific item) and the musket weapon itself is a reward for completing that quest.

Reactions: Huy101010
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes