Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I was actually wondering something similar, like, "What changes are we going to see in the Evelyn storyline due to the incest ban?"
None, unless Patreon decides to be assholes about it. The whole incest angle in LLtP is hardly promoted or even hinted at on my Patreon page or in its comments and posts. Patreon hasn't shown any interest in going after this game yet, and until they do, I'm not changing anything. If they should show interest, I'll replace Evelyn's dialogue to play up some other taboo topic that is allowed and still interesting on its own (there will be no landladies here, thank you very much) and then release an incest patch. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
None, unless Patreon decides to be assholes about it. The whole incest angle in LLtP is hardly promoted or even hinted at on my Patreon page or in its comments and posts. Patreon hasn't shown any interest in going after this game yet, and until they do, I'm not changing anything. If they should show interest, I'll replace Evelyn's dialogue to play up some other taboo topic that is allowed and still interesting on its own (there will be no landladies here, thank you very much) and then release an incest patch. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
Honestly, I don't think that there is incest, unless you opt for it to be, like the N** scene with Thadeus. You can opt for that not to happen as well.
@Belle There are some games that skirt around the Patreon, by just allowing to name the said character and/or what relationship the character is to the MC. That way the dev doesn't make the choice of incest per say, it falls on the player.
But yours kind of does that anyway............But if push comes to shove, you could fall back to that kind of change, rather than having to change any dialog in game and have some one make a patch later. To avoid said instance.
But as you said, don't worry about it, and keep on keepin on....................Peace!!

Jan 1, 2018
Gods bless your incest-loving heart! ;)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
AND this is why we LOVE Belle (both of them)!!!

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Hey Belle, no offense, but do you ever sleep? I imagine you're on the other side of the world, but you always seem to be here answering questions (which is awesome, btw), commenting, and even occasionally uploading. Are you a Pixie in real life? Lol :)

Reactions: HunterSeeker

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Worst comes to worst just put a text box at the start of the game with "write 'sister' here" written above it, and whatever completely random thing written in the box will be Evelyn's role.

I possess the ability to post in my sleep.
Damn pixie wizardry.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Worst comes to worst just put a text box at the start of the game with "write 'sister' here" written above it, and whatever completely random thing written in the box will be Evelyn's role.
Unlike many other games with incest in them, it's not a throwaway concept in mine. It colors almost every interaction with Evelyn, her related clues, and the Invade Mind sequences. The game would have to be pretty shallow for a typed-in relation to be enough. There is no simple solution. I have a contingency plan, so there's no need to suggest solutions. It's under control.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Unlike many other games with incest in them, it's not a throwaway concept in mine. It colors almost every interaction with Evelyn, her related clues, and the Invade Mind sequences. The game would have to be pretty shallow for a typed-in relation to be enough. There is no simple solution. I have a contingency plan, so there's no need to suggest solutions. It's under control.
I was actually joking, I thought it was fairly obvious. I mean Patreon wouldn't allow that as a solution... would they?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There is no simple solution. I have a contingency plan, so there's no need to suggest solutions. It's under control.
Sending out Belle to use pixie magic on the Patreon mainframe?

Aug 15, 2017
I'm glad to hear that, and kind of figured it would be the case. I have found myself thinking i don't envy your position of doling out the story piece by piece over a long(ish) period because eventually you run the risk of having some one figure out the ending, like George r.r. martin had happen, and that can suck out some of the fun (for you, i'll have fun with this regardless ^^). That said the red herrings and intentional omission will surely help ^_^

keep up the good work!
I do hope that if someone does guess something correctly, you won't change things just to surprise people. I can remember a few instances of stories, both books and television, where it was building up to something and then the conclusion was disappointing or didn't feel quite right. Later, I learned that the creator had changed something because someone had figured out what was going to happen and spoiled it somewhere. My personal view is that, if someone guesses the the correct outcome, that just means the author did a good job foreshadowing and building towards that outcome. I'd rather have the logical conclusion that's been built towards than be surprised. Just my two cents on the matter.
There is a lot of love for that little Pixie.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pixies aren't the only type of fey out there. I suspect that Nell's mother was something else.
I hope the next update would increase the other levels of abilities, especially perversity. Lol. I'm pretty hyped about that scene with Nell.
Personally, I'm more looking forward to raising charm. Nell is a real sucker for the smooth talk. ;)
@Belle Which other games did you write?
If I remember correctly, Belle has said that she works for a mainstream game developer as her day job, or, at the very least, works in game development. I doubt she'll be eager to share her resume, though. A company like EA may potentially frown upon one of their employees developing an adult game in her spare time.
By the way, I still do not understand what scenes are meant by NTR?
Sex with the fairy queen in front of her husband? Or Evelyn + Thaddeus?
Still, if you added a choice "Ignore Erato, go with Leanan", you would have a very fair "Game Over" for many players.
I agree. I usually dislike games where a single wrong choice in a non-climatic scene can lead to a "Game Over," but, in this instance, it just seems so obvious that I think it would be great.
For those of you who aren't patrons of mine (boo! hiss!), I just posted a progress report where I, among a bunch of other things, mentioned that the next update focuses on Primrose and Samarra.
I must admit I'm a little disappointed. Actually, not disappointed because I am looking forward to this, but, last month, when you posted that version 0.9.0 would focus on one of the original girls, I immediately assumed it would be Callie. Both Evelyn and Primrose have received updates since the game's original release. Both of those characters are fairly developed. The player spends a fair amount of time around Primrose, if only to raise their perversity, and Evelyn is tied to both Thaddeus and the Order of Thrones. Meanwhile, Callie has only received an expansion to her peeping scene and even lost her status as the most effective way to actively make money to Aldred. While I am greatly looking forward to the next couple of updates and I would like to finally meet the priestess and the final unnamed and unmet female character*, I am starting to feel like Callie is due an update. Of course, I don't expect you to change your plans. You need to update the game in the way that is the most organic to you; I just wanted to share my thoughts.
Bingo! It's not meant to be subtle, so if it feels that way, I might have done something wrong. Regardless, I'm keeping the opening to the Fairy Queen's story a little linear for now, but feedback like yours might make me go back in the future to expand such scenes with alternate paths. Just because I've released something doesn't mean I can't change it or expand upon it.
No, it wasn't subtle at all, the opposite in fact: it was so obvious that it caused me to second guess her motivation. While I was pretty sure her motivation was as I described, I also considered the possibility that her visions contained more than she let on--she knew she'd really enjoy sleeping with Dickon, in which case her choosing Erato as her emissary was more a ploy to convince her husband--and perhaps even herself--that she wasn't as eager to copulate with the protagonist as she actually was.

If we're talking about nonessential options that might be added later, I do have another one concerning that scene. The Fairy Queen's opinion of Dickon is determined by his honesty and his promiscuity, with her approving of the former and disapproving of the latter. I think it might be interesting if there is a potential benefit for the promiscuous player there. If the character, at the time of the meeting, has a lot of sexual experience, perhaps he can succeed in holding out and bringing her to orgasm, raising her opinion of him? It may not work based on how you see her character, but I, once again, wanted to share my thoughts.
Not sure what the plan is for Nell (or any girl, truthfully), but Primrose, I think, is really falling for the MC, so I'm guessing the dark secret level for her will allow her to accept that the MC isn't going to be exclusive. That's just my theory, though.
I agree about Primrose. I do suspect she harbors romantic feelings toward the protagonist, and she could probably be "won" without the use of magic. That being said, her father has put some pretty strange ideas in her head, and I imagine magic will either be required to accelerate matters--"My father told me ladies save themselves until they're married"--or otherwise circumvent things, e.g. in the code, it looks like you'll be able to convince Primrose to clean the library naked after her large secret.
First of all I think the Fairy Queen (after the pixie) is the hottest character in the game to date so my view of the scene is not totally objective. But, look the MC is offered sex with a hot young woman, and who hasn't let logic slip with that offer? I know I have. I've done my share of illogical things when faced with that offer.

If you read the banter between the Fairy Queen and MC she is not as opposed to the sex as she lets on initially. Seems the Fairy Queen maybe into public sex. By the end she is surprised that the MC wants to nail her again and apparently is hopeful it will happen.
I know because of coding limitations the dev only can place so many characters in a scene, but was knida hoping to at least see Belle near the action cheering the sex on and offering "helpful" suggestions. lol

And, Augustus Commodus thanks for all the effort you put into the walkthroughs, its greatly appreciated.
My interpretation of the Fairy Queen there is different although only Belle truly knows her character therefore I may be wrong. I do believe she was very much against sleeping with Dickon, but she felt she had no choice. That isn't to say that she isn't a sexual creature. She is bored with her sex life with her husband. She states more than once that each time with her husband is exactly the same. She does have kinky ideas and fantasies, such as having sex on the throne, but her husband isn't up for any of them. I therefore believe that, while she really didn't want to have sex with the protagonist, the Fairy Queen was going to take advantage of the opportunity to at least fulfill one of her fantasies. As things progress, it turns out she is even more of a sexual creature than she realized. Seeing Dickon naked aroused her more than she expected, having sex in front of the entire Fey Court aroused her more than she expected, and the actual sex ended up being much more pleasurable than her previous experience has led her to expect. While I do believe she enjoyed the experience and is now looking forward to potentially repeating it, I think it is more a case of something she was dreading turning out much better than expected than a case of her not really being as opposed to the idea as she acted.

I can certainly understand not thinking clearly when sex is on the table; I think most guys can. That being said, there are times when it is just a Bad Idea™. If, for example, your best friend's girlfriend or wife was really pissed at him about something and tried to seduce you as revenge. There is probably no way you sleeping with her would end well in real life. Another example would be if some minor asked you to sleep with her. While I am familiar with the "Sex: you don't have to ask twice" mentality, I am also familiar with the "Sex: why do I hear alarm bells going off everywhere?" feeling.

Concerning the walkthrough, thanks. I like helping others, but it's always nice to receive recognition for your work.
No new walkthrough yet?
Sorry, there won't be a walkthrough anytime soon, unless someone else does it. For a detailed explanation, see my post .

Edit: I thought of something, half as a joke, but I decided to add it as speculation.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes