Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
I believe belle is the kind to set realistic goal for each of the update. That's why each update is not focused on giving huge content every time but to give a reasonably good amount which is bugless and on time.

Reactions: Belle

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I believe belle is the kind to set realistic goal for each of the update. That's why each update is not focused on giving huge content every time but to give a reasonably good amount which is bugless and on time.
He did say he works as a game developer outside LLtP as well, so he probably has experience in this sort of thing.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
He did say he works as a game developer outside LLtP as well, so he probably has experience in this sort of thing.
That's (sadly) not accurate. I have game development experience, including professionally, but I don't currently work in that industry.

Reactions: Le Taz and zazzaro

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
I wish. I'm a professional software developer, but not in the games industry.
Damn it. I've been wondering for a while how you'd manage to juggle your load(heh?) if you've already got a day job. I would have been less worried if you were working full time but now I gotta ask....

How do you juggle your workload(heheh) between these? I mean I can barely handle my one software job. If i started developing a game alongside I'll probably jump off a cliff.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Damn it. I've been wondering for a while how you'd manage to juggle your load(heh?) if you've already got a day job. I would have been less worried if you were working full time but now I gotta ask....

How do you juggle your workload(heheh) between these? I mean I can barely handle my one software job. If i started developing a game alongside I'll probably jump off a cliff.
I work on LLtP in my spare time. I spend at least a little time on it each day, and on weekdays I spend a lot more. Working on this project has certainly changed some things in my life. I'm more tired when I go to bed and I don't have the time to, say, spend a week of free time doing nothing but playing a new video game. In fact, I don't have much time to play video games at all anymore. I miss that part of my life, but I'll get it back eventually. In the meantime, I simply try to make the best game I can.

Mar 27, 2018
I work on LLtP in my spare time. I spend at least a little time on it each day, and on weekdays I spend a lot more. Working on this project has certainly changed some things in my life. I'm more tired when I go to bed and I don't have the time to, say, spend a week of free time doing nothing but playing a new video game. In fact, I don't have much time to play video games at all anymore. I miss that part of my life, but I'll get it back eventually. In the meantime, I simply try to make the best game I can.
Are you looking forward to finishing this and having a break? I'd probably have stopped working if I was in your position and had no real free time.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Are you looking forward to finishing this and having a break? I'd probably have stopped working if I was in your position and had no real free time.
I can't think like that. Once I'm done with this I'm likely to just jump into another project. I do allow myself to take it a little easier some months though, such as this one. It is necessary for me to survive crazy development months like the last one, where I worked my ass off.

Reactions: kalifianto

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I can't think like that. Once I'm done with this I'm likely to just jump into another project. I do allow myself to take it a little easier some months though, such as this one. It is necessary for me to survive crazy development months like the last one, where I worked my ass off.
I've always been impressed that you have consistently been able to maintain work on LLTP and have a full time job without burnout. The fact the quality content of LLTP does not suffer AND you take time to talk with pirates is pretty impressive time management skills Belle, or fairy magic (just saying).
Actually your example of diligence has prompted me to start back to work on a book I began but wander off before completion.

Mar 27, 2018
I've always been impressed that you have consistently been able to maintain work on LLTP and have a full time job without burnout. The fact the quality content of LLTP does not suffer AND you take time to talk with pirates is pretty impressive time management skills Belle, or fairy magic (just saying).
Actually your example of diligence has prompted me to start back to work on a book I began but wander off before completion.
Agreed, It's partly because of this game and Belle why I stopped lurking. This is the only game i follow where people aren't annoyed with each other and everyone who takes part in a discussion, do so
good-naturedly.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
congrats on hitting the $3500 goal and hope you continue to grow support on this wonderful project!

i haven’t been able to play since version v0.6 but i look forward to what you have cooked up for v0.10.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Still can't believe this game isn't a top tier money pledge game.
Its light-years ahead in quality of other games.

Belle ever thought of offering pixie Belle (and I suppose other supporting characters) pics for sell that could be downloaded and LLTP fans could go to sites like vista print to make personalized items like t-shirts and coffee mugs? This is not to say I ever made a Bell coffee mug.

Reactions: zazzaro and Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
You guys! I can't hit the Like button fast enough to keep up! :D

Belle ever thought of offering pixie Belle (and I suppose other supporting characters) pics for sell that could be downloaded and LLTP fans could go to sites like vista print to make personalized items like t-shirts and coffee mugs? This is not to say I ever made a Bell coffee mug.
Oh boy, that's an administrative nightmare I'd like to avoid. If I had some kind of campaign manager to handle that kind of thing for me, sure. As it is, I've got more than enough to think about already.

4.60 star(s) 381 Votes